Fire and Ice

Started by Rakefur, December 29, 2011, 10:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

I didn't play that round. At all.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevah

Lucky for you. Any indier who leaves a gap in their defence should be shot. I run a conservative style indy and ration out my value for safety but after 5 or so days the system passes rivals. In theory, I hold more leaders than other indies and rounded defence. You can't see my plan but I can see yours. Stack a bunch of rats or stoats and I'll kill em. Bank up some cash or food and i'll crush it. Don't waste too much land on leaders or a flat indier gets in range to standard attack. Simple principals that many people miss.
Holding the rounded defence forces the leaderers to spend to break in turn slimming their advantage. Holding enough leaders to mute Attack ops can leave an enemy leaderer vulnerable to another enemy leader takedown
Overall you gotta work the field. If you scrape land and make it convenient for the next indy obviously they'll close the gap
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Gen. Volkov

I don't leave gaps in my defense, unless I'm not trying to mount a real defense. If the purpose is just net generation, mono-stacking is much more effective. Oh, and by the way, I run more leaders than most indies as well, no matter what purpose I am putting the indy strat too.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sevah

How does mono stacking produce more networth? I think you'll find the barracks structure is unbiased in it's value output. The price tag on upkeep is a balance of land turns and approximate troop count.
Most players go over their peak but the average Rat should convert around 250 for rats and the average Lizard 300 give or take for clanned solo or other purposes. Reselling via the public market with a 50% mark up still undercuts the other indies who're forced to primarily make sales through the mercenaries and it's still below a professional Magpie reseller. Indy is actually all about recycling
Each day needs to be adjusted and I don't wanna let out too many secrets about baiting hindering and equilibriums. My strategy negatively effects as many players as possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Basically, mono stacking means more land is easily taken meaning less barracks to start with making early access to land more critical or you miss 100 turns of networth production plus the next indy gets an easy run to nullify your great work. Also customizing standard attacks can rapidly wipe out a base
Another problem with teaching people to mono stack. Teach them not to send everything when they attack as losses are calculated by percentage sending in the minimum requirements are best but for the last few months 3-4x seems most effective. Seems to annihilate them and remain untouched.
Even if You've got 20m skiffs against 2m, sending in around 6-8m is best bet.
Easy to notice with rats. Send in 2.2x their defence rate aka 4x power and watch the terror

Rakefur

No leader rounds are wicked easy, even for a n00b. Magpie race, build cities, make cash, buy troops to get land to build cities.

I got third that round and I was a n00b.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Sharptooh

Quote from: Sevah on January 03, 2012, 01:26:54 AM
Last non leader round this happened
Name   Rose to Power   Defeated   Total Time on Throne
Sevz (#12)   Saturday, Aug 13 3:20 AM   Friday, Aug 26 12:00 PM   13 days and 8.7 hours

Oh yeah, that round where pretty much no vets played (at least not very seriously) except those in your team, yeah congrats for that Sevah  :wink:

Sevah

Quote from: Sharptooh on January 03, 2012, 10:55:08 AM
Quote from: Sevah on January 03, 2012, 01:26:54 AM
Last non leader round this happened
Name   Rose to Power   Defeated   Total Time on Throne
Sevz (#12)   Saturday, Aug 13 3:20 AM   Friday, Aug 26 12:00 PM   13 days and 8.7 hours

Oh yeah, that round where pretty much no vets played (at least not very seriously) except those in your team, yeah congrats for that Sevah  :wink:

Sounds rather convenient Sharptooh. The only problem with your statement is that I was watching what happened and people quit when they couldn't keep up. I was solo to start with, for a few days there were people breaking me but I drained them out and sent them back to the stone age (vet or no vet). I didn't get a team until after I felt I left my statement and when I did get a team we were aiming for the *New Record*.

You have no idea about the meticulous details it takes to do what I did

It's a typical trait of yours to spite my glory so once again i'm back to disliking you.
As for the city bug. That's a pretty cheesy way to play.

Kilkenne

Sevz, want to try for the record on Reg?

Blood Wake

I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Sevah

Taking the record in Reg is a long process or it takes a big force. The game's changed since Hobly's reign and things won't work the same. Dynamics suggest much longer and more dangerous.

First step is land control. All the land in reg needs to be gathered up on 1 producer. Not gonna happen. Second step is creating networth that doesn't incur upkeep. Months of food net.
Third step is eliminating the enemies. With the new changes it's near impossible to eradicate all opposing forces.
Then there's alot more I can't be bothered to mention.

1 step at a time. I want my team to know I've got their back 110%
I spoke to holby a fair bit leading up to his Emperorship. If he was on my team i'd go for it. He knows I know what to do and would authorise the plans in ways the crew would follow.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteNo leader rounds are wicked easy, even for a n00b. Magpie race, build cities, make cash, buy troops to get land to build cities.

I got third that round and I was a n00b.

Round I was talking about was before the Magpie race was introduced. It was indy or nothing back then, pretty much.

Sevz, I know that each turn use for the barracks produces the same amount of NW, but there are a whole lot more rats per dollar of NW than say, stoats. Due to limited aids, having massive amounts of rats on hand throughout your run eats a lot more resources than stacking stoats would. So mono-stacking, especially stoats or skiffs, when making net in clan situation allows the best resource situation to make the most net. (I don't fully mono-stack, but like you I'm not going to reveal all my indy secrets here) Back when being a in clan allowed unlimited aid, I had a more balanced approach to net generation.

Next time we have a no leaders round, I'll play, and we'll see whose indy strat works best.

Sevah

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on January 03, 2012, 11:56:12 PM
Next time we have a no leaders round, I'll play, and we'll see whose indy strat works best.

There's no point speculating. I'll win that theme cos i'm most brutal.
Also, the cities can't be taken without leaders so rat/lizard could do the same as magpie, no offence Rakefur but you got that idea from pippin who got it from me.

Today I made a massive dent in the scores. Outnetted any other indy and destroyed more than any other leaderer.

Gen. Volkov

We'll see who comes out on top Sevz. We'll see. I am not convinced.

As for the scores, yeah, that was my mistake, I aided off to an indy by accident. #8 is a leader player, #9 is a indy player. Hit the wrong key and didn't notice. LOL. Told him to aid to a leader player, but you logged on before he did. Still not a great deal of separation in the scores for all that though. Our indies are outproducing yours.

Sevah

I've donated twice and had way more fun smashing your crew than helping mine. Cash networth doesn't add up to much til it's converted. Don't be a fool and let scores make the difference. I know you're all broke or just getting a few bucks up.

Put your hand up if you reckon Death Before Dishonours a pain in the arse

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI've donated twice and had way more fun smashing your crew than helping mine. Cash networth doesn't add up to much til it's converted. Don't be a fool and let scores make the difference. I know you're all broke or just getting a few bucks up.

I'm far from broke. Also, getting lucky once is far less beneficial to your team than your skills as an indy. You killed all that net, and today we are even further ahead than we were yesterday before you did.