What is this I don't even

Started by Shadow, December 21, 2011, 07:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolf Snare

why the hell are you in charge shadow? It's clear that your fixes are entirely revolved around your own game experience. You have noobs who havent run in days on 7k 3k and 8k land in the top 4. what the hell is going through your head? why the hell should inactive imbeciles be able to win while sitting idle and fed troops from below?? while actual skilled soloists have to literally bust their balls to even try to compete? Your logic is nonexistent; you wonder why we get pissed off and tweak out on you. You're an absolute moron.

& why shouldn't 5 soloists teamed together compete with as little as 3-4 clanned people?  Why should we have to run in coordination and max eachother out, take every precaution so our NW isn't leached by ungrateful & unskilled noobs on the opposing side? All the while you have people on <3000 ratios who haven't used a turn in days?

Again, you're a moron, your logic is bullshit.

1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Kilkenne

Quote from: Wolf Snare on December 25, 2011, 12:58:31 PM
why the hell are you in charge shadow? It's clear that your fixes are entirely revolved around your own game experience. You have noobs who havent run in days on 7k 3k and 8k land in the top 4. what the hell is going through your head? why the hell should inactive imbeciles be able to win while sitting idle and fed troops from below?? while actual skilled soloists have to literally bust their balls to even try to compete? Your logic is nonexistent; you wonder why we get pissed off and tweak out on you. You're an absolute moron.

& why shouldn't 5 soloists teamed together compete with as little as 3-4 clanned people?  Why should we have to run in coordination and max eachother out, take every precaution so our NW isn't leached by ungrateful & unskilled noobs on the opposing side? All the while you have people on <3000 ratios who haven't used a turn in days?

Again, you're a moron, your logic is bullshit.

Best moderator ever, I am glad that you have the power to tell other people what's what. Endless maturity in this post.

Quoted so it doesn't get changed. It got changed once, I bet it was better then, too.

Modified to reflect that I am anxiously counting down until Alazar dives into this thread again full of righteous zeal to defend his internet Lord.

Shadow

Quote from: Alazar is Back on December 25, 2011, 06:24:54 AM
When you break everythin down, even after you fix the mercs up some. If a leader player runs and makes lots of cash, and then buys defense to defend it from sacks, it will still most likely not be enough to stop any good indy from breaking and sacking them. So the leader player makes little progress playing defensive. On the opposite side, unless you give the indys some way to store, they are really capped as to how much NW they can peak at.
At the point where sack kills productivity you can buy a fairly substantial defense. And while you're right that an indy will still be able to break, you have to remember that doing that is going to eat a lot of resources. For a clan indy who is making troops for others, breaking a defending leader is often not worth it. You would be surprised how far a defense goes even if it isn't bulletproof.

I think the bank needs to be increased, and I would love to see RWL switch over to an anonymous market, and raise the amount of storage space on the market. To maybe like 33%? You should also be able to pull your goods from the market, with something like a 20-30% penalty. This will help the solo players, and the new farmer and casher races be a little bit more competitive.
The suggestions here amount to going back to the old market, but bigger - the storing problem would be worse than before. But you're right that the market should be bigger, and it will be in the near future.

I also think there needs to be more tweaking with the races, magpie should be at least twice as powerful as it currently is. I experimented with the race a little, and while the output was good, I could still make pretty close to the same amount of cash with a leaderer, and still have the leader protection. I was thinking something like a spell that a casher could have, to have maybe twice the bank size, compared to normal?
Making the magpie race spell make the bank bigger is a great idea! I'll push that one after we finalize the market change. But you have to be careful in making Magpie more powerful than leaders in terms of output - if we did that, a clan of Magpies feeding a leader would be even stronger than the indy clan doing it. So you're right that Magpie isn't great for solo play at the moment comparitively, but it will probably be in the future as things settle down and new fixes are implemented.

Snare... clean up your post and I will respond to it, but otherwise I am not going to bother.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Oh seriously Snare, you are such a big man. ::) Your whole argument is flawed to the core.

QuoteIt's clear that your fixes are entirely revolved around your own game experience
Really? I didn't get the impression that you want proposed changes that would benefit your style of play. It's not like you've been demanding more power to solo leaderers and...oh, wait.

Quotewhile actual skilled soloists have to literally bust their balls to even try to compete?

Hmm, let me see, when was there ever an advantage to people working together instead of going it alone? You're just upset you can't beat teams by yourself, which is stupid as that makes no sense. This is reinforced by the fact every soloist is skilled and every clanned player is a noob. They're obviously doing something right to beat you. The means in a game of war don't mean anything, the result is what counts. That bother you?

Quotewhy shouldn't 5 soloists teamed together compete with as little as 3-4 clanned people?

Because if you have that many people, you should be clanned! Clans are there for a reason, if you went with their same "nooby" play style, maybe you might get somewhere. You're trying to play the team game in a way it's not meant to, and it's not working. Surely that means the game is working as intended?
All the while you have people on <3000 ratios who haven't used a turn in days?

If you were clanned, you could do a takedown.

QuoteAgain, you're a moron, your logic is bullshit.
Nice to see a calm and collected conclusion to your excellent collection of C & C. Good to see such high quality in the moderating stuff.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Durza

Take a breath, and relax people.  This discussion is much better than what I have seen in the development for and needs to, in my opinion, stay on that topic of improvement.

I quite agree with Firetooth that Snare's post was pointless and flawed.  That however is not what this topic should divert to.  With every post that is constructive, the Admin can eventually build a better game. 

Please remeber this people, for the sake of RWL.
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Sevah

Firstly, go Snare, every decent player supports the same opinion. The game is set for Shadow's playstyle. Since you haven't ran in the last few days we boosted you into top spots. Be proud that you done nothing for 4 days and hold a competitive networth. That's what the games all about but since we've got skills you're holding cash to jump.
Second. Shut up firetooth. You're the least aggressive player in reg, always anonymous in turbo. Shadow's ideals favour you greatly and you'll do what ya can to keep the tension so the things your saying are as bias as me.
Thirdly, Shadow, Snare has a valid point. You are being a moron and making the game very abusable. Lately all the sportsmanship's been stripped from the game. Last round Slayer basically took over the game for 3 weeks. The only reason we were beat was an unclanned team creeps into top spot untouchable. The best strategy to win the game is lame and you know it. Neck up parrot, your a freakin blowfly

Redwall needs some serious adjustments. Being a jerk to the veterans is a backwards step. I say we all stop the hostility and display some production.
I'll be back after, gonna devise a plan towards emergency changes.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Kilkenne

Quote from: Sevah on December 25, 2011, 09:04:29 PM

I like this. Sevah is the most cuddle friendly player.

Firetooth

Firstly, go Snare, every decent player supports the same opinion. The game is set for Shadow's playstyle. Since you haven't ran in the last few days we boosted you into top spots. Be proud that you done nothing for 4 days and hold a competitive networth. That's what the games all about but since we've got skills you're holding cash to jump.
Second. Shut up firetooth. You're the least aggressive player in reg, always anonymous in turbo. Shadow's ideals favour you greatly and you'll do what ya can to keep the tension so the things your saying are as bias as me.
Thirdly, Shadow, Snare has a valid point. You are being a moron and making the game very abusable. Lately all the sportsmanship's been stripped from the game. Last round Slayer basically took over the game for 3 weeks. The only reason we were beat was an unclanned team creeps into top spot untouchable. The best strategy to win the game is lame and you know it. Neck up parrot, your a freakin blowfly

Sorry to disagree sevz, but Shadow doesn't even really play at the moment, so that point abut Shadow makes no sense. As for every "decent" player, the only player I'd even put in the top 5 players who supports Snare would be you. And surely if I'm not aggressive and anonymous, Snare's ideals should favour me, as that is more suitied t solo play. I was played solo teamed with you a few rounds ago.

And your last point makes no sense. If an unclanned team won too easily, surely Snare's whole argument that it is unbalanced is completely wrong and you're actually agreeing with Shadow?
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

Firstly, go Snare, every decent player supports the same opinion.

Don't think many people approve of Snare's post Sevah.

And I admit I'm not a great player (and you'll probably drum this into my head after I post) but I for one support Shadows changes.

WOA WOA wait wait wait, I thought that:

Quote from: Wolf Snare on December 23, 2011, 12:09:12 PM
Solo leaders can no longer compete. A team of 5 of the best solo leaders cannot compete. The series of changes you've made has created a domino effect and quite literally crippled solo play. I have 4 very competent team mates, all of which are utilizing the code to the best possible extent to produce at premium rates 2 - 3x the next warlord.

why the hell should inactive imbeciles be able to win while sitting idle and fed troops from below?? while actual skilled soloists have to literally bust their balls to even try to compete?

oh and:

& why shouldn't 5 soloists teamed together compete with as little as 3-4 clanned people?

Unless you're telling me you disagree with Wolf Snare, because he's telling me solo players can't compete, and you're telling me that the best strategy is not to clan up, but to get a small group of solo players together!?

I think you need to get your argument straight; unless your thinking along the same lines as me, that solo players are a little OP because of attack limits, and that clanned leader storers are anything but untouchable *cough*takedown*cough*

Personally I think this topic needs to be locked and split up into various subsets in the dev forum, discussing some proposed changes in here (some of which, I actually think are quite good) then I think we might achieve something here.

Firetooth

At the end of the day, we all more or less want the same thing, a game that's fun to play whilst being balanced so all play styles can prosper. I don't know why it has to be such a heated argument with so many insults, nobody's gaining anything from that.

Sevah

Sharpy said
Unless you're telling me you disagree with Wolf Snare, because he's telling me solo players can't compete, and you're telling me that the best strategy is not to clan up, but to get a small group of solo players together!?

I think you need to get your argument straight
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you so slow that you don't realise a bunch of solo players aren't actually playing solo? The point is that all players need to have a buddy or they become server fodder. Indies are overpowered. Putting indies in a clan feeding leaders makes it a battle of the same strategy every time. Worse yet, how many of the leaderers who are getting fed troops are actually saying thanks?
Each day someone comes along and gives away everything they make. It's happened so often we've become accustomed to abusing our neighbours.

Sharptooh

Quote from: Sevah on December 26, 2011, 07:53:51 PM
Are you so slow that you don't realise a bunch of solo players aren't actually playing solo? The point is that all players need to have a buddy or they become server fodder. Indies are overpowered. Putting indies in a clan feeding leaders makes it a battle of the same strategy every time. Worse yet, how many of the leaderers who are getting fed troops are actually saying thanks?
Each day someone comes along and gives away everything they make. It's happened so often we've become accustomed to abusing our neighbours.

Ahem:

Quote from: Wolf Snare on December 23, 2011, 12:09:12 PM
Solo leaders can no longer compete. A team of 5 of the best solo leaders cannot compete. The series of changes you've made has created a domino effect and quite literally crippled solo play. I have 4 very competent team mates, all of which are utilizing the code to the best possible extent to produce at premium rates 2 - 3x the next warlord.

Last round Slayer basically took over the game for 3 weeks. The only reason we were beat was an unclanned team creeps into top spot untouchable. The best strategy to win the game is lame and you know it. Neck up parrot, your a freakin blowfly

Of course I realise you're working as a team Sevah; although I believe you're the one being a little slow here, in the above post you gleefully cry that the best strategy is to work as a team of solo players . . . now you're telling me that you need to clan up and feed people with indiers to win.

You need to get your argument straight Sevah.

Sevah

I can't be bothered answering you specifically sharptooh but here's my opinion in result form without much explanation

Open attack ops. Cap it. Each hour you can make an extra attack op alike hitlimit
Market. Troop selling is good for the community. make it 50%. Food gets overloaded. Make it at 50% capacity
If Open attacks can't be changed make hitlimit twice as fast, leaders and indies meet equilibrium
Sending aid seems fine, don't care if you delete the function or make it unlimited.
Race. What's the deal with that? Fox should be on 5% Stoat needs to be at 10%, marten at 15% and wolf stays at 20%. Leader based strategies need the bonus. Esp fox and stoat vs hybrid lizard
Tune down sack. Indies aren't learning how to play but the capture aspect is brilliant, Disable clanned players from sacking. It makes sure half the game doesn't play a weak suicidal strategy.
Big clans have more members, more members raises the basic probability of an ally holding the land. Lower players smashes the remaining players and aids the clan leaving no room for retaliation. There's no diplomacy to prevent random rage assaults and everyone hates everyone.
Need a race that can afford cheaper troops. No room for resellers in this game ,it's an indy fuelled which is sad

If you change a few things it'll re adjust the entire game back into a competitive server of diplomacy. At present, i've not mentioned why the landflow hasn't caused major problems but the hitlimit does need to increase

Shadow

response, with the same amount of explanation

Open attack ops. Cap it - maybe
Market. Troop selling is good for the community. make it 50%. Food gets overloaded. Make it at 50% capacity - yes
If Open attacks can't be changed make hitlimit twice as fast, leaders and indies meet equilibrium - yes
Race. What's the deal with that? Fox should be on 5% Stoat needs to be at 10%, marten at 15% and wolf stays at 20%. Leader based strategies need the bonus. Esp fox and stoat vs hybrid lizard - no
Tune down sack. Indies aren't learning how to play but the capture aspect is brilliant, Disable clanned players from sacking. It makes sure half the game doesn't play a weak suicidal strategy. - no
Need a race that can afford cheaper troops. No room for resellers in this game ,it's an indy fuelled which is sad - yes
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevah

Increasing hitlimits without tuning down sack would completely devastate the game but hitlimit needs to change regardless. In reality sack shouldn't exist, it's an introduced feature and the skill required to run fullpowered indy is minimal in comparison to running fullpowered leaderer.

I hope you realise that 1 solo run indy without a brain is more powerful than 3 runs leadering. The game's very abusable for leaderers which is why you keep throwing bandaid fixes on everything you don't understand which has caused this shamble.

I understand this code was originally slower (hitlimit 22). Upon speeding the turns the hitlimit should of done the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It costs 42billion cash to purchase 100million networth at the cheapest prices. Shadow you are the daftest person in existence
42billion for a solo indy should make between 3x-15x that. On a serious note I could rock up with 5days to go in a round and outproduce a solo leaderer who's saved money all month. Not being able to store food on the market means a solo leaderer can't attack half the server without selling it which refers back to forcing the players to stockpile cash for long term effectiveness.
Your incompetence is staggering, I can't believe someone let you in charge of things and worse yet i'm in shock that others value your retarded opinion. Mod my post all ya want numbnuts. It doesn't change your ideals of destroying redwall
How does someone avoid sacks? Oh that's right they spend 33billion bucks on 10million skiffs then some Rat spends less than 3bil making skiffs to break. On the plus he didn't get 33bil only destroyed half your skiffs and sacked what you didn't spend

If you want progress start listening to the people yelling at you to repair the critical damage. We all tried being nice but it wears thin when you boast about your subtle remarks intended to undermine your forum victims.

Where's Windy? get him to teach me basic coding. I'll fix this junk if no one else will