Sevz...not so scary

Started by cloud, December 09, 2011, 06:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durza

And wasn't there already a topic about peace and his complaining?
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Neobaron

Quote from: Durza on December 12, 2011, 08:12:32 PM

I thought so too, but I don't really follow this stuff unless I start it.

I miss old peace.

New peace is awful.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

cloud

Quote from: Neobaron on December 12, 2011, 08:13:33 PM
Quote from: Durza on December 12, 2011, 08:12:32 PM

I thought so too, but I don't really follow this stuff unless I start it.

I miss old peace.

New peace is awful.

Why do all my topics keep turning into a one man melodrama starring Peace?
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Neobaron

Because you are far too manly for topics to be about you.

Peace Alliance

I feel like every time I speak my mind there is a small team of people who jump on me. Look at page 1, all I did was add 3 sentences about how we shouldn't be sexist. 16 minutes later Volkov goes on the attack. My response provoked another 4 people to attack me, and from then on the topic degraded.

Neobaron

The topic degraded the moment you felt inclined to nitpick a common figure of speech in order t0 remind all of the people on the forum that there are other people on the forum.

Peace Alliance

Followed by 10 people jumping down my throat.

Neobaron

And you honestly can't see why people would be upset that you would try to impose your apparently superior morality and politically correct vernacular.

This thread is p strange huh?

Kilkenne

4 went to 10 in literally one post.

This is me "jumping in" to point this out. This is still relevant to the thread at large, I feel.

Edit: 4+2 maybe = 6.

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 12, 2011, 08:34:24 PM
I feel like every time I speak my mind there is a small team of people who jump on me. Look at page 1, all I did was add 3 sentences about how we shouldn't be sexist. 16 minutes later Volkov goes on the attack. My response provoked another 4 people to attack me, and from then on the topic degraded.

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 12, 2011, 08:37:48 PM
Followed by 10 people jumping down my throat.

is what this refers to, just in case there is confusion.

Peace Alliance

Quote from: Neobaron on December 12, 2011, 08:39:30 PM
And you honestly can't see why people would be upset that you would try to impose your apparently superior morality and politically correct vernacular.

This thread is p strange huh?
I can quite easily understand why you would dislike a completely legitimate correction that challenges your world view.

Neobaron

Man my worldview where all things are equal and no thing matters any more than any other thing sure feels threatened right about now.

Sanctimonious, pretentious, self-important asshats are about the only thing that threaten me because their points and arguments are completely bogus and filled with irrefutable truisms which, despite being so very easy to turn and in most cases trivial to 99% of people, are, unfortunately, impossible to defend against because there is no defensible way to respond to them without sounding like an awful person.

So I guess you win this time.

MAN I AM SO HORRIBLY THREATENED AND EMASCULATED BY THE GUY WHO FORCES HIMSELF TO LACK PERSONALITY FOR THE SAKE OF OTHERS AND GETS ALL OF HIS MORALS FROM A BOOK.

Peace Alliance

But you didn't challenge my "points" Neo, all you have done is taunt, tease, and now insult me. Volkov's line-by-line break down might be annoying, but at least he is trying to reason with people. You are just shouting angry run-on sentences at me for having the gall to say 3 sentences about sexism.

cloud

Is it only sexist comments you care about, or all potential stereotypes in general? If I called Sevz a "fatty" in an insulting manner would you demonize me the way you did to Sevz?

Stereotypes generally exist for a reason. That reason is because usually there is, or at one point was, a good amount of truth behind them.

Fat people are generally lazy, hence why they're fat. Therefore I'm making a stereotype based on truth.

"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Peace Alliance

Lol, cloud.

I repetitively pointed out that Sevs was not a villain here - that he was just an unfortunate example of something I think we need to be more aware of.

I'm not going to bother with that fat thing....

Shadow

This is turning into the worst thread ever. It got derailed back on page one. Can you guys make a UMD post to discuss world views and such? I'll split it if requested but honestly, the content here is not really UMD worthy on its own.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..