Sevz...not so scary

Started by cloud, December 09, 2011, 06:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

QuoteMost main characters are male, and to be fair 90% of the women in the books are in more traditional roles for that kind of theme, though there isn't really any sexism in the books.

From Peace's comments, "traditional roles" fit his definition of sexism. So the point stands.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Peace Alliance

Volkov your last two posts in these threads seem to suggest that you, as well as everyone else on these forums, are "in character." Are you telling me the Gen. Volkov I've known over these forums for the last 8 years was just an act? You were only pretending to be a know-it-all bully? A relief, to say the least. But complete fiction. So is your depiction of Jesus. Yes, he asks us to be meek - something I routinely fail at and will accept. But the exact same insults you're saying to me we're said at Jesus. Like I said, when you defy the norm, there is backlash. You just can't handle the Truth, my friend.

Wolf Snare

yayaya, keep going, I've got three more bags of popcorn to cook up yet!

*munches away, giggling*
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Blood Wake

Though I find this entertaining as well, I really wish it weren't happening... I think everyone is being ridiculous and should just get over these moronic arguments and get back to playing the game and talking about Redwall books.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Gen. Volkov

Quote from: Peace AllianceVolkov your last two posts in these threads seem to suggest that you, as well as everyone else on these forums, are "in character."

It's a clear enough distinction, one, in fact, you have pointed out to me before, when you yourself have been a bully and insulting on the forums. Or was that just a lie?

QuoteAre you telling me the Gen. Volkov I've known over these forums for the last 8 years was just an act? You were only pretending to be a know-it-all bully? A relief, to say the least. But complete fiction.

To some extent, everyone's online persona is an act. Even yours. If you were such a sanctimonious jerk IRL, I doubt anyone would hang around with you. That said, I think the times when I've been "in character", which is when I am discussing in game events, and when I have been myself, which is when I am not discussing in game events, are pretty clear. You yourself make, or at least used to make, the same distinction.

QuoteSo is your depiction of Jesus. Yes, he asks us to be meek - something I routinely fail at and will accept. But the exact same insults you're saying to me we're said at Jesus.

So you are comparing yourself to Jesus now? Yeah, real humble there Peace. I'm sure Jesus would be proud.

Like I said, when you defy the norm, there is backlash. You just can't handle the Truth, my friend.

Keep telling yourself that Peace. I'm sure it makes you feel better. But you know as well as I do, that it is simply not true.

Quote from: Blood Wake
Though I find this entertaining as well, I really wish it weren't happening... I think everyone is being ridiculous and should just get over these moronic arguments and get back to playing the game and talking about Redwall books.

Blood Wake, no offense, but have you not been reading Peace's posts? We'd be only to happy to shut up and play the game, if he would stop trying to impose his particular vision of how the game should be played and how we should post in the forums.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sevah

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on December 12, 2011, 04:11:29 AM

QuoteSo is your depiction of Jesus. Yes, he asks us to be meek - something I routinely fail at and will accept. But the exact same insults you're saying to me we're said at Jesus.

So you are comparing yourself to Jesus now? Yeah, real humble there Peace. I'm sure Jesus would be proud.

Jesus didn't start performing miracles til he was 30.
What,, God put his head down and said, look, we know your the chosen one.. How about getting a trade first... He's walking terminally sick people when he's 27...Not yet.
5 years later the miracle workers hosting seminars and there's always that dude in the crowed who looks twice,, That's the guy who made my tv stand
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Peace Alliance

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on December 12, 2011, 04:11:29 AM
Quote from: Peace Alliance

Christians are supposed to be proud in Jesus.
Again, Volkov, you're being so juvenile. The comparison is apt. If you behave like Jesus, you are likely to create similar results. Most of his disciples were executed, many by crucifixion. They did ask Jesus asked and suffered similarly.

But that is off topic. The point I was making in this topic was a small one. Now lets proceed with Sevs and Cloud. I believe we left off with Sevs thumping his chest and Cloud shouting "FOR SPARTA!"

Shadow

This sort of stuff keeps the game amusing. Why is it a problem?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Kilkenne

It's a problem because it wasn't the expected reaction.

Genevieve

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 11, 2011, 01:32:43 AM
After all, this is Redwall warlords not Redwall rooster-lords

Maybe it should be Redwall warpersons...

cloud

I feel like quoting some generic testosterone filled one-liner...

...but I won't.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Blood Wake

Volkov, perhaps i'm wrong, but I don't think Peace is really doing much harm.

I agree that he should have dealt with the problem of dealing with The Masked Wolf attacking him on his own and "Whining" on the forums wasn't necessary.

I also think through Peace's anger at the situation he pointed out Sevz's casual use of Macho-ism. He is a little out of line to say that we can't say terms that have come to be accepted even if it is sexist.

I think that calling man a "Lady" shouldn't raise such alarm since most females are genuinely not as physically strong and it will probably always be that way.

Peace is playing his way and nothing should force him to play otherwise just as he isn't forcing others to play his way.

If you have a problem with him being peaceful attack him in the game or something. JEaze

Peace will have learned not to take the complaint of being attacked to the forums and we don't have to deal with this stupid fight anymore.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Peace Alliance

Lol, he did attack me ingame, and I have a feeling it was because he had a problem with what I was saying.

But really, I am not making this sexist stuff out of nothing. Sevs only made a small comment, but it is an example of a broader trend in gaming. I remember a time when we used to criticize the forums on other promisance games because they were gamers and all they did was strut around like roosters. But I think we've degraded into the same thing on these forums. Not all of the time, but much of it.

If you use femininity as an insult then you are sending a message to other people about how you view women. In fact, you actually stumbled on a good point when you mentioned that women are generally physically weaker then men. Why on earth would that matter in a text based game? It matters because when we use that language we aren't talking about actual differences in physical stature, we are constructing gender roles. If acting "weak" means you are acting like a "woman," then the role of women is to be weak. This is all basic stuff when you're talking about "social constructionist" theory. If you aren't convinced, I can send you some links and whatnot.

Blood Wake

Perhaps you should let it go for now Peace and if someone says something offensive in a similar way in the future, you can punish them or do what you will when it happens.

I don't see why we need pages and pages of people arguing when we all know that in the end nothing will change.

Let's move on

h

Neobaron

This thread is really confusing.

It starts with cloud and sevah going at it, and then peace steps in with some sanctimonious gobbledygook about how vernacular speech that might possibly be offensive to someone somewhere sometime should be stricken from the record and actually makes strereotypes of his own to talk down to the other thread participants and make his point.  

Then Volkov comes in and makes a post that I, honestly, didn't read because he did the line-item response thing and it hurts my face to read it.

Then sean tries to defuse a problem that isn't really a problem.

And at some point this entire thread became a thread about peace because someone attacked him in a game that is about attacking people.

You guys are terrible at foruming.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.