Sevz...not so scary

Started by cloud, December 09, 2011, 06:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkenne

The worst part is, I was confused for a second as to whether that was sarcastic or you'd actually snapped.

cloud

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 10, 2011, 08:51:21 AM
You wanna go? HUH? You wanna go bub? YA! You little sissy! Well clan up! Ya, make a clan, and we'll duel, and settle this once and for all. Then we'll know who the real tough guy is, you little wimpy pimpley wimp! YA GRrrRrRrrrr WOOOOOOOOooooohhhhhooooooooooooooo. Take that you big wimpy girly man! I bet you can't take me down, I bet I could kill you, and steal all your stuff! I bet I could use passive aggressive backhanded posts to sissy-foot around my point and make myself feel good! I'm so totally glib, you don't even understand. WOooooooooooo *diesinafire*

It seems it's been so long since PA's been a man that he doesn't even know how to troll a manly comment properly.

The pony in my avatar has more testosterone than you.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Kilkenne

something something "machismo", which appears to be the word of the week

Briar

While this is all hilarious....flaming anyone? By most parties?
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

cloud

Quote from: Briar on December 10, 2011, 12:42:26 PM
While this is all hilarious....flaming anyone? By most parties?

There was no issue until Peace decided to interject his opinion on everyone else.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Peace Alliance

Yes, i very strongly believe that I should "interject" (i think you mean "impose," but it's all good, I get your drift) my "opinion" that folks shouldn't make sexist comments on the forums. And I believe it is a prime example of the discourse I intend to challenge. You're all capable of more intelligent conversations then this.

I don't even think Sevs meant to say something sexist. It's so ingrained in the gaming culture and so much a part of the discourse that it's easy to slip into it.

Briar

In way of "sexist" comment, I take no offense to Sevz' comment.  And I don't think any other female on here does. 
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

cloud

Quote from: Briar on December 10, 2011, 04:44:42 PM
In way of "sexist" comment, I take no offense to Sevz' comment.  And I don't think any other female on here does.  

It doesn't matter if it actually offends the people in context or not. All that matter is that it goes against what Peace thinks so he believes he has some self-riteous duty to change the opinions of others to fit his own.

Also, I meant interject because I feel your post was more of an interruption than anything else.
-Kilk

Sevah

Where I come from we protect women and children. They're not supposed to fight and if they do I'd be sayin the ladies got manly parts.

I call a tough guy a little lady to get on his brute nerves, wasn't implying that all women are handicapped.
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Peace Alliance

Unfortunately whether you intended to imply that or not, that's exactly what you did. Your statement used femininity to represent weakness. It's undeniably sexist, and there is no sense in argument. I realize that you didn't mean it that way. That's exactly why I raise the issue. Instead of thumping our chests and strutting around we should diversify our dialogue when we talk about the game. After all, this is Redwall warlords not Redwall rooster-lords

Sevah

I know the difference between being sexist and offensive.
Facts are there's no female kings. If he survive's I'll say well done princess.

Steel Reign (#12)   154acres    Marten   Mossflower

**IMMINENT WARNING**
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteOk, but srsly I love ya volkov, lets be friends

We are friends Peace. When, exactly, has that stopped us from engaging in banter on the forums? You used to understand this. I honestly wish you would snap. It would be a lot more fun than this current attitude of yours. Besides being sanctimonious and holier than thou, it's hypocritical in the extreme.

Also, it's so far out of line of the teachings of Jesus that I can't believe you still have the temerity to call yourself a Christian. Jesus says to do many things in the Bible, but being a pompous windbag wasn't one of them. In fact, he says the exact opposite. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". You, my friend, are definitely not without sin.

QuoteUnfortunately whether you intended to imply that or not, that's exactly what you did. Your statement used femininity to represent weakness. It's undeniably sexist, and there is no sense in argument. I realize that you didn't mean it that way. That's exactly why I raise the issue. Instead of thumping our chests and strutting around we should diversify our dialogue when we talk about the game. After all, this is Redwall warlords not Redwall rooster-lords

I'm not sure, but isn't like every main character in every Redwall book male? Moreso, I'm think the male characters in the books insult each other by comparing them to females in some shape or form. Which means cloud and sevah are actually far more in tune with Redwall than you are. Besides which, this is PC BS, and I'm having none of it. Unless someone gets offended, which clearly no one with two X chromosomes has, let them say whatever they want. Quite imposing your morality and personal opinions on the entire forum. That is far more offensive than anything cloud or Sevz could say.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Actually Volk, there are plenty of female pro/antagonists in the books. Marian, (I think? some mouse with a rope) Tsarmina, Cregga the badger, the otter from High Rhulain and countless more I can't name. Personally I think making such a fuss about one use of the word lady is a waste of time, but you need correcting there. :P
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteActually Volk, there are plenty of female pro/antagonists in the books. Marian, (I think? some mouse with a rope) Tsarmina, Cregga the badger, the otter from High Rhulain and countless more I can't name. Personally I think making such a fuss about one use of the word lady is a waste of time, but you need correcting there.

Haven't read any of the books in a really, really, long time, but I seemed to remember most or all of the main characters being male, perhaps I was wrong though. Also, since they are of a medieval bent, I was assuming certain things. Sexism was rampant in medieval times, and not this "calling someone a lady" BS, but REAL sexism.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Most main characters are male, and to be fair 90% of the women in the books are in more traditional roles for that kind of theme, though there isn't really any sexism in the books.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.