Redwall: Origins

Started by Shadow, December 06, 2011, 07:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

What made you choose your RWL handle? I would like to hear stories.

Shadow was a character from the first Redwall book I ever read. Also, when I was 11 and made this account, it sounded badass (and it still does).
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Kilkenne

Briar

I always like Martin the Warrior, one of my favorite books. Rose was pretty awesome imo, and I remember crying when I read the end of that one.

I thought "Rose" would be too obvious a female-chosen name. So I chose "Briar", thinking about the fairy tale called " Briar Rose."
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Uiblis

I use the same screen name for almost all my accounts. And it seemed okay, or at least not inappropriate in this context.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Ashyra Nightwing

Totally just made mine up on the spot when confronted with the 'username' box on the signup screen, I had no idea I was going to be sticking around for so long

Gen. Volkov

Well, I actually won the right to use this name from a friend of mine, on a bet. We had both been using variations of this name, but with different rank designations. He said I was copying him, I said he was copying me, etc. Anyway, we finally decided to settle it once and for all on a bet. We made the bet on a college football game, if his team beat mine, I had to change my name, and if my team beat his, he had to change his. The game was Notre Dame vs. Purdue, but this was years ago, before Purdue was absolutely terrible. Anyway, ND won that year, and I got to keep the name. As for why we were both using the name, we both liked military aircraft, and were a little obsessed with with the aircraft the Soviet Union put out. I have no real idea why.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on December 06, 2011, 09:44:51 PM
Totally just made mine up on the spot when confronted with the 'username' box on the signup screen, I had no idea I was going to be sticking around for so long

^ same story for me actually.

I came up with "Shael" because the Lord of the Rings movie had just come out at the time and I thought the elven names sounded cool. I was just Shael for the first couple months until I think it was Stormy who referred to me in an RP story as "The Lady Shael". I thought it sounded cool so I made it my forum name.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Rakefur

Based off Captain Rake Nightfur and supposedly a descendent.

Kilk I always thought it was Kil kenne. Read that again. It sounds like Kill kenny.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

windhound

You missed one Shael!  What about Shael of Torethevel

I'd used windhound prior, so it got used here.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Blood Wake

When I first joined I was so excited to get in the game I used the first name I could find, which was on a paper or something near by with the City Baltimore.

So my first name was Baltimore or Baltamor or something along those lines.

A few days later I got the genius idea that I could make another account and send stuff to the first one. I don't know what I named that account, but of course both were disabled.

So I made a new account whilst thinking about the ship Bloodwake from the book Mossflower. I added a space between the two words thinking that's what was how you spell it.

I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Kilkenne

Quote from: Rakefur on December 07, 2011, 08:09:36 AM
Kilk I always thought it was Kil kenne. Read that again. It sounds like Kill kenny.

This is correct, yes, but with no pause.

Durza

the shade in Eragon was called Durza.  From there I developed several different characters based around that name, including my reg name.
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Firetooth

Not my proudest moment, but I'm not gonna lie, my name is pretty much a ripoff of the main character from warrior cats.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Durza

the first series was the best
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Sharptooh

Quote from: Firetooth on December 07, 2011, 02:54:32 PM
Not my proudest moment, but I'm not gonna lie, my name is pretty much a ripoff of the main character from warrior cats.

Same here embarrassingly.

Although at the same time it was kind of a rip off of Firetooth's name to; the "tooth brothers" kind of has a ring to it.

And strangely I've always pronounced Kilks name as "kilk - eene" on reflection that's almost definitely wrong :D I really need to read names more thoroughly