Bounty Hidden Fox (#16)

Started by cloud, December 05, 2011, 12:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

I'm criticizing you for failing to adapt, and failing to show diplomatic skill.

You got yourself into this trouble by just not resolving your problems with being attacked behind closed doors instead of feeling the need to consistently make your problems public. If you weren't passive, or weren't so insistent on demonizing those who attack you (you made a thread about Bragoon) I doubt this bounty would exist.

Also, you brought it up. I mentioned the bounty on you was unfair, though that you needed to adapt your playstyle if you're having such difficulties, you were the one who made the reply with Masked Wolf and such involved.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Kilkenne

The best part of this thread is when Blood Wake rails on Volkov for no reason. Please go back to doing that.

Also,
Quote from: Firetooth on December 06, 2011, 03:49:43 PM
weren't so insistent on demonizing those who attack you

This is pretty much why this is the problem that it is.

Uiblis

That face is kinda creepy, Firetooth.

I don't think that Peace lacks diplomatic skill personally. It's simply a case of where a new player attacks someone that they feel is less of a threat.

However, Peace has little diplomatic skill in this case because he is playing passive and can't make threats. He can't back up anything and can't set any consequences on anything. Trying to prove to the masked wolf that he would be better off leaving peace alone would be difficult, to say the least.

So this really comes back to teaching the masked wolf that hitting peace is kinda useless in terms of getting land and making net.

After all, most people leave peace alone, from the evidence of last round, and the beginning of this one.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Kilkenne

A lot of the problem here that no one has touched upon is the simple fact that among some of the more successful players here believe that their reputation for one thing or another should affect how others treat them. Even people who don't know. Every time I read the passionate defenses of Peace's strategy it comes down to Do you know who I AM?! This is what I hear in my head when I read this stuff. Such indignance that someone would dare attack your mightiness and not respect the glorious administrator's wishes.

cloud

Quote from: Kilkenne on December 06, 2011, 04:07:01 PM
A lot of the problem here that no one has touched upon is the simple fact that among some of the more successful players here believe that their reputation for one thing or another should affect how others treat them. Even people who don't know. Every time I read the passionate defenses of Peace's strategy it comes down to Do you know who I AM?! This is what I hear in my head when I read this stuff. Such indignance that someone would dare attack your mightiness and not respect the glorious administrator's wishes.

But really...Do you know who I am?
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Peace Alliance

Quote from: Firetooth on December 06, 2011, 03:49:43 PM
You got yourself into this trouble by just not resolving your problems with being attacked behind closed doors instead of feeling the need to consistently make your problems public. If you weren't passive, or weren't so insistent on demonizing those who attack you (you made a thread about Bragoon) I doubt this bounty would exist.

Haha, well here's the thing Firetooth. My problems with Bragoon were resolved by bringing the issue into a public forum. I don't know if you've heard of the United Nations, but the diplomatic practice of bringing an issue into the public discourse is common and effective. You keep telling me to 'deal with things on my own,' yet what I've been doing has worked!

If you are trying to explain to me why I was targeted yesterday, then save it. Cloud isn't really worth trying to understand. Sevs was in it for the laughs, and the Masked Wolf has no idea what's going on.

Kilk: Volkov knows well enough who I am. If anything, it serves me not. I do agree that sometimes I probably sound like what you describe. It is most likely because - in the case of folks who knew me before I changed - I expect them to respect that I could lay waste to them, but that I am not. Same reason we read of Noah's Arc, or Job.

Kilkenne

I think that you'd probably have a heck of a time laying waste to cloud or Sevah. I don't care how good anyone used to be or is, they'd have their hands full one on one with either of those guys. I guess I just don't understand why people should treat anyone a certain way just because they throw up their hands and don't fight back.

cloud

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 06, 2011, 04:24:23 PM

Haha, well here's the thing Firetooth. My problems with Bragoon were resolved by bringing the issue into a public forum. I don't know if you've heard of the United Nations, but the diplomatic practice of bringing an issue into the public discourse is common and effective. You keep telling me to 'deal with things on my own,' yet what I've been doing has worked!

If you are trying to explain to me why I was targeted yesterday, then save it. Cloud isn't really worth trying to understand. Sevs was in it for the laughs, and the Masked Wolf has no idea what's going on.

I take offense to that.

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 06, 2011, 04:24:23 PM

Kilk: Volkov knows well enough who I am. If anything, it serves me not. I do agree that sometimes I probably sound like what you describe. It is most likely because - in the case of folks who knew me before I changed - I expect them to respect that I could lay waste to them, but that I am not. Same reason we read of Noah's Arc, or Job.

There's no proof that either of those even existed.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Peace Alliance

QuoteI guess I just don't understand why people should treat anyone a certain way just because they throw up their hands and don't fight back.

Ah! I love that you don't get what I'm doing Kilk. If I were simply "not fighting," wouldn't I have just left the game altogether? But that is fairly off topic. If you want to discuss the philosophy behind pacifism we can do that elsewhere.

Cloud: The existence of Noah's ark in human history is very very irrelevant. Both to this conversation, and to understanding God.

cloud

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 06, 2011, 04:35:42 PM
Cloud: The existence of Noah's ark in human history is very very irrelevant. Both to this conversation, and to understanding God.

I'm just saying that you could have at least used real life comparisons such as Ghandi, Nelson Mandela, or Martin Luther King.
-Kilk

Peace Alliance

None of those examples even remotely illustrate what I was talking about.

cloud

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 06, 2011, 04:43:59 PM
None of those examples even remotely illustrate what I was talking about.

Not really sure what saving a bunch of animals or  righteous suffering  has to do with you taking a beating and whining about it because you're not doing either.
-Kilk

Kilkenne

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 06, 2011, 04:35:42 PM
Ah! I love that you don't get what I'm doing Kilk. If I were simply "not fighting," wouldn't I have just left the game altogether? But that is fairly off topic. If you want to discuss the philosophy behind pacifism we can do that elsewhere.

Me not understanding why you are acting the way that you are is not the same as not understanding what pacifism means.

Kilkenne

Quote from: cloud on December 06, 2011, 04:51:41 PM
Not really sure what saving a bunch of animals or  righteous suffering  has to do with you taking a beating and whining about it because you're not doing either.

Well, you see, they put all these animals on a boat and then Noah whined for 40 days and 40 nights.

cloud

Quote from: Kilkenne on December 06, 2011, 04:53:35 PM
Quote from: cloud on December 06, 2011, 04:51:41 PM

Well, you see, they put all these animals on a boat and then Noah whined for 40 days and 40 nights.

So that's where the flood came from... overactive tear ducts.
-Kilk