Market

Started by Shadow, December 04, 2011, 08:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

I know that the sell to mercs option isn't working at the moment, but does anyone have feedback on the aid system tweaks and the rebalanced amounts in merceneries?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Uiblis

I like the aid credit revamp; 24 credits is a lot more useful, but doesn't seem too many and that later in the round, people will still be slightly limited by them, trying to aid off large amounts of net.

I think that mercs is good for Turbo; there's lots of activity going on, and it forces people to buy off market for cheaper prices. It might be more difficult to move this to Reg, since it moves at a slower pace with more clans and with fewer prospective buyers per day.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Rakefur

The 'sell to mercs' is still not working.

You probably already knew that.  :P
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Sharptooh

I like the aid credit system, I think the small balancing done actually makes it work quite a lot better (although aiding in a clan when I've played solo the last two rounds could be warping my judgement)

The market has been good so far, although there seems to be a ton of food on there! And I'm occasionally annoyed by the small amount of troops that I can deposit on there, although I suppose this is a very difficult thing to balance

Shadow

yea, merc sell is just waiting on shael and a tester - this week is exam week so I am really busy.

allowing more on the market might be reasonable, we will see.

cloud

I dislike the fact that we can't pull troops off the market :\
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Gen. Volkov

I think the merc buy limit needs to be raised, as the market is empty of everything but food on a pretty consistent basis. I agree with the concept of weakening the power of independent warlords, but the only way to win shouldn't be to have a clan of indies feeding one or two leader players.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Briar

Or maybe you should just be at the market when there is stuff actually on before it is bought up.

Think of it like a sale with a limited amount of items.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Vargarth

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on December 08, 2011, 06:37:09 AM
I think the merc buy limit needs to be raised, as the market is empty of everything but food on a pretty consistent basis. I agree with the concept of weakening the power of independent warlords, but the only way to win shouldn't be to have a clan of indies feeding one or two leader players.

I totally agree with you. I just bought the max ammount of mercs i could and it only raised my net by 30 million. :(
Collapsing and Expanding Dem Categories with no help from Kilk!

Kilkenne

There's another forum you could post things like this in if you have ideas. This is a hint, I am hinting to you right now.

Shadow

I don't think that winning requires a clan of indies. But we may raise the merc limit yet. I want to see what happens at the end of the round vis-a-vis how long it takes the cashers to spend all their cash before making that decision though.

Briar

I don't think a clan of indies could win. Ever.

Unless the game balance was altered that is.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Peace Alliance

Could just lower barracks production. Isn't merc limit unchanged?

Wolf Snare

you need to make more mercs available. these changes are ruining the game
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sharptooh

Quote from: Peace Alliance on December 08, 2011, 11:35:54 AM
Isn't merc limit unchanged?

I think it's been changed, not 100% sure.

I don't know if you're suggesting this, but I don't think the absence of troops indicates that the market is unpopular, rather I think that it's so popular that demand is outstripping supply (for everything but food that is)

Quote from: Briar on December 08, 2011, 10:25:58 AM
I don't think a clan of indies could win. Ever.

Unless the game balance was altered that is.

I totally agree with you, a clan of indies will never win.

A clan of indiers with two leader players on the other hand . . .