Moving to Cleveland, Ohio

Started by Blood Wake, December 01, 2011, 06:38:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

I like rep systems, but they can be (and usually are, to an extent) horribly abused. On one forum somebody had likely -987 rep (it didn't even have a quarter that many active members) a few days after the feature got added. Plus some groups of people just vote each other up, or vote people up if they share their view, not on the quality of the post.

I was one of the top 5 most repped people on the west forums...sign of abuse? :P

It can also be used as a bit of a sign of status, too. I still think it's a good idea, though. For example, if volk has 6 bars of green and Muse has 1 bar of green, in UMD you can get a good idea of who's posts are more valid.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Echoing volkov, I don't think RWLers are mature enough to make that system work. Also, does that functionality come with SMF?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Don't think so, or at least the forums I've used with it haven't been SMF.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

It does, actually. "Karma" mode, currently off, obviously. I learned something new today.

Kilkenne

You can add rep into smf but it is different than the ipboard version that they are talking about.

Muse

I'm sorry, was brain dead when making that post. Mid-terms and Christmas baking for family and like twenty family Christmas parties and Christmas pictures and History Day project and my book and my poetry contest and my school funeral (don't ask) and.....you get the idea.

Honestly, why do we count posts? Isn't it enough for the admin to know?
Stop! Don't touch me there,
this is my private square!

cloud

aren't you in like 5th grade? School gets much harder, trust me.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Muse

I'm in 9th grade, thanks. 5th grade?

Moose

where I come from there aren't grades we just show up to whatever class we feel like and my favorite class to go to is writing class we often learn about how to not write run-on sentences and I do very well in that class.

Tonight we ate baked potatoes and it burned my mouth.
If you say muffins are the answer, then you are answering the right question.

Firetooth

Quote from: Moose on December 20, 2011, 08:04:07 PM
where I come from there aren't grades we just show up to whatever class we feel like and my favorite class to go to is writing class we often learn about how to not write run-on sentences and I do very well in that class.

Tonight we ate baked potatoes and it burned my mouth.
You truly are an inspirational fellow. :)

Shadow

Stop spamming Muse. I deleted that post, and I'll be deleting more like it.

Muse

Shadow

Moose's posts at least contain more than the letter "m". Moose is also trying to make a point about your spamming, which you've either been ignoring or missed entirely.

Muse

Shadow

^ this is a good example of a post not worth posting. You aren't arguing your case, you are just saying words that are vaguely related to the post immediately prior to yours.

Please start putting some effort in outside of spa...