Voting Results (sort of)

Started by Shadow, November 23, 2011, 11:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn II

I think I can solve this whole disagreement pretty easily.

See that quote in your siggie? That quote is epic. That quote is the result of a Spa Mod.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Sharptooh

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 24, 2011, 03:54:36 PM
I think I can solve this whole disagreement pretty easily.

See that quote in your siggie? That quote is epic. That quote is the result of a Spa Mod.

I only included it because it made fun of Firegoose :P

Like I said, give spa mod a break, the worst that can happen is a slight dip in inactivity, in which case people will acknowledge a spa mod is needed, worst case scenario there's no spa mod for 3 months and people will appreciate it more next time a spa mod is elected.

simples

Ungatt Trunn II

A slight dip in activity is often all it takes. YOU WERE'T HERE FOR THE DARK AGES!

I was literally talking to myself for months. It was terrible. Plan after plan failed at attempting to bring back my fellow spammers from the void! But this is by far the longest era of prosperity ever seen in Spa. Sure, not as active as the short burst of activity caused by RSL way back when, but those were special circumstances. We still have pretty healthy activity that has sustained itself and plenty of new spammers joining to boot.

There is no such thing as too much of a good thing. And if things are going good, why change?
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Sharptooh

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 24, 2011, 04:11:35 PM
There is no such thing as too much of a good thing. And if things are going good, why change?

Are things really good? The post count may be high but trolls are abundant and posting dreadful low quality posts, I'm also guessing most of those trolls are the same person, in which case they are just talking to themself . . .

The spa has become more exclusive than it was in the past (imo) and whilst this had increased activity, I don't think it's a good thing for the forums as a whole

Ungatt Trunn II

Odd that you find it exclusive when we usually are the ones who take in the exiles from UMD.

Also none of those things have much at all to do with the Spa mod. In fact the spa mod is something that could fix it. On the trolls, you have to read the story they are based on to get it. Whoever it is, they are putting in one hell of an effort here. Seriously.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Sharptooh

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 24, 2011, 04:18:41 PM
Odd that you find it exclusive when we usually are the ones who take in the exiles from UMD.

I never said the UMD wasn't exclusive.

How would you propose fixing those things as spa mod? Becuase if anything you seemed to encourage the trolls whilst you were glorius dictator of the spa.

Ungatt Trunn II

I don't really see the trolls as a problem. Homestuck is pretty good  :P

Anyways fixing things is easy. Delete, modify, harass. Three simple steps a Spa Mod becomes a pro at within a week.
Oh and at first I was openly hostile with the trolls. They persisted. Just a note.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Sharptooh

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 24, 2011, 04:34:10 PM
I don't really see the trolls as a problem.

Disagree  :P

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 24, 2011, 04:34:10 PM
Anyways fixing things is easy. Delete, modify, harass. Three simple steps a Spa Mod becomes a pro at within a week.

Regardless of whether these people truly are trolls or not, driving them away by deleting and modifying posts and harassing them is not the best way to go about this I believe, trolls live on attention.

Shadow

Voting will close when I get back from class around 10 PM EST tonight, or about 4.5 hours from this post. If you haven't recast your vote, do so now!
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sharptooh

Quote from: Shadow on November 24, 2011, 04:36:28 PM
Voting will close when I get back from class around 10 PM EST tonight, or about 4.5 hours from this post. If you haven't recast your vote, do so now!

*dies of suspense*

Why do they have to be announced at about 2 in the morning for me . . .

Shadow

I could keep it open til tomorrow morning. Lots of people never recast, so that might be fairer anyway.

Ungatt Trunn II

I don't think you get it. They aren't internet trolls. They are literally someone roleplaying characters from a web comic.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Sharptooh

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II on November 24, 2011, 04:40:37 PM
I don't think you get it. They aren't internet trolls. They are literally someone roleplaying characters from a web comic.

I suppose I shouldn't really judge as I haven't really been reading the spa room recently, I was under the impression they were trolls.

Regardless I doubt deleting / modifying posts would do much to deter them unless you were very determined (more so if the 'trolls' are multiple people)

Shadow

QuoteI suppose I shouldn't really judge as I haven't really been reading the spa room recently
-8495 votes for Sharptooh

Sharptooh

Quote from: Shadow on November 24, 2011, 04:43:42 PM
QuoteI suppose I shouldn't really judge as I haven't really been reading the spa room recently
-8495 votes for Sharptooh

I suck at this whole politics thing . . . .