Bragoon (#6)...

Started by Peace Alliance, November 16, 2011, 08:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Ian2424 on November 19, 2011, 04:25:29 PM
Don't hate me!:(
They are not its just he is a peaceful warlord.

Ian2424

Well,sorry.I didn't know you were Hidden Fox.
Uhh, it's needs to be about 20% cooler.
Quote from: Krowdon on April 28, 2012, 07:53:37 AM
*beats Night Wolf with a penguin*

Uiblis

But it does say, pretty clearly "please don't attack me" and why on his notice.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

cloud

Quote from: Uiblis on November 19, 2011, 05:02:12 PM
But it does say, pretty clearly "please don't attack me" and why on his notice.

That makes me want to hit him more...
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

I do have to say Peace, passive play is challenging and all but you can't complain you get hit. What are you going to back, send them a strongly worded message?

Props to you for trying a more challenging playstyle, but really this game isn't meant to be played peacefully. You can't expect other people to go out of there way to let you have unreserved access to land and resources if you make no effort to defend it.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Peace Alliance

Before everyone goes off and starts picking on the passive, please re-read my original post. My problem was that he said "Please do not sack me," and then he devoted half his run to sacking me.

I get attacked all the time. Eventually people will leave me be when they see things clearly. I'm not threat, and I offer aid to anyone who asks. You guys keep asking "why is he passive?" but you don't consider "why are we attacking him?"

The players that challenge my understanding of the purpose of this game. I would argue that I understand RWL inside and out. I've seen the development of this game from the beginning, I've read the source code, I know the original intent of this game and I know how it has progressed over the years. I play passive because I want to be an example of what is wrong with gaming culture, and because I want to shine a light on an otherwise dark place.

Gaming is an act of problem solving. Players are in a fantasy world designed to create a feeling of dissonance, and to allow players to achieve consonance within that world. That is what is so fun about this game. The satisfaction that you feel doesn't have to be the defeat of an enemy, it is merely the hum of success despite carefully crafted obstacles. It can be done without war.

Love and kindness have always been a part of this game. You can see it in the comradery between clanmates, or the friendships that last for years, or the aid packages sent to a low-ranked player. Sure, this game wouldn't be any fun if everyone were passive. But RWL is developed according to playing styles. I (and now shadow) base every development decision on how the game is currently played, and how we can enhance certain elements of the game. I don't want everyone to be passive, but I do want peaceful elements of the game to be enhanced. And that goes for other games too.

Oh, and Ian2424 i'm not hatin', I just wanted to make things clear.

Firetooth

I don't have any problem with you playing passive, my point is you can't expect people to change their play style to suit yours. It's good that alternate play styles are possible, but half the point of passive play is the challenge.  If you don't have ready access to land, you have to defend your land instead. I don't think the peaceful elements really need much more enhancing, besides perhaps a bit of encouragement for newbs not to be focused on killing people straight away.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI get attacked all the time. Eventually people will leave me be when they see things clearly. I'm not threat, and I offer aid to anyone who asks. You guys keep asking "why is he passive?" but you don't consider "why are we attacking him?"

I dunno about the rest of them, but in the past I have attacked you expressly because you were playing passive.

QuoteThe players that challenge my understanding of the purpose of this game. I would argue that I understand RWL inside and out. I've seen the development of this game from the beginning, I've read the source code, I know the original intent of this game and I know how it has progressed over the years. I play passive because I want to be an example of what is wrong with gaming culture, and because I want to shine a light on an otherwise dark place.

Have you considered the idea that playing passive is in fact what is wrong the gaming culture at RWL? It's called Redwall: WARlords for a reason. The fact that you are successfully playing what amounts to an HPR strat doesn't mean it's a good thing. For the noobs: HPR = Happy Pony Raising. It's not exactly what Peace is doing, but it's pretty close.

Gaming is an act of problem solving. Players are in a fantasy world designed to create a feeling of dissonance, and to allow players to achieve consonance within that world. That is what is so fun about this game. The satisfaction that you feel doesn't have to be the defeat of an enemy, it is merely the hum of success despite carefully crafted obstacles. It can be done without war.

This entire passage is pretty much BS.

Love and kindness have always been a part of this game. You can see it in the camaraderie between clanmates, or the friendships that last for years, or the aid packages sent to a low-ranked player. Sure, this game wouldn't be any fun if everyone were passive. But RWL is developed according to playing styles. I (and now shadow) base every development decision on how the game is currently played, and how we can enhance certain elements of the game. I don't want everyone to be passive, but I do want peaceful elements of the game to be enhanced. And that goes for other games too.

I fundamentally disagree. Passive play does not enhance the game, it detracts from it.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

Quote from: Peace Alliance on November 20, 2011, 01:03:55 PM
Before everyone goes off and starts picking on the passive, please re-read my original post. My problem was that he said "Please do not sack me," and then he devoted half his run to sacking me.

I get attacked all the time. Eventually people will leave me be when they see things clearly. I'm not threat, and I offer aid to anyone who asks. You guys keep asking "why is he passive?" but you don't consider "why are we attacking him?"

The players that challenge my understanding of the purpose of this game. I would argue that I understand RWL inside and out. I've seen the development of this game from the beginning, I've read the source code, I know the original intent of this game and I know how it has progressed over the years. I play passive because I want to be an example of what is wrong with gaming culture, and because I want to shine a light on an otherwise dark place.

Love and kindness have always been a part of this game. You can see it in the comradery between clanmates, or the friendships that last for years, or the aid packages sent to a low-ranked player. Sure, this game wouldn't be any fun if everyone were passive. But RWL is developed according to playing styles. I (and now shadow) base every development decision on how the game is currently played, and how we can enhance certain elements of the game. I don't want everyone to be passive, but I do want peaceful elements of the game to be enhanced. And that goes for other games too.

Oh, and Ian2424 i'm not hatin', I just wanted to make things clear.
You've made more than a dozen threads in this forum over the years all saying the same thing: You're passive, it's awful that people attack you, and they should understand you are amazing and thoughtful and harmless.

You don't attack, fine, but you're not selfless with your turns, you're competing like anyone else. That means you have no right to complain when you're attacked. Please let this be the last time you whine about this, I swear I've said the same thing 1201231231058 times now.

I will not deleted this