The banks services

Started by The Bank, October 30, 2011, 10:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bank

Some of you may have already read my notice this round.

Just to advertise to those of you who haven't, me and Mr. House will be offering select services to a few warlords this round, those services currently include:

-Loans with an interest rate of 2% a day
-Holding cash for you with an interest rate return of 1% a day
-Holding a small amount of troops for select warlords (obviously due to aid restrictions, this number will likely be quite small)
-Investing money in your warlord if you aim to make the game world a better place i.e. play passively or spend the round teaching newer players

If you would like to use any of the above services throughout the round please mail either me or Mr. House in Turbo; we can only provide these services to a limited number of people so whoever contacts us first, or offers us the best deals (e.g. agrees to pay 2.5% interest on a loan) will receive these services.

If anyone else is interested in joining a group of honest bankers please mail me on Turbo or through my forum account.

Many thanks.
The bank

Pippin

your relying heavily on trust, whats to say either side wont respect the contract, and what will be done if this happens?
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

The Bank

Quote from: Pippin on October 30, 2011, 10:39:02 AM
your relying heavily on trust, whats to say either side wont respect the contract, and what will be done if this happens?

Consider that most of our clients are likely to be indiers, and that we are leaderers.

Also consider I really love my money; and I'm sure you can figure the rest out.

Gen. Volkov

Quote-Investing money in your warlord if you aim to make the game world a better place i.e. play passively or spend the round teaching newer players

NO. The first does NOT makes the game world a better place.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Bank

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on October 30, 2011, 01:17:07 PM
Quote-Investing money in your warlord if you aim to make the game world a better place i.e. play passively or spend the round teaching newer players

NO. The first does NOT makes the game world a better place.

Why not?

Durza

I have posted this on my warlord message, but i will say it again...

Cluny offers a better deal on a 52 turn basis or about a 2.692% intrest compounded every 52 turns you take.  If you do not offer a better deal your offer is worthless.  Second indiers can just throw stuff on the market and with focus on camps and barraks they can finance theselves
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Pippin

i dont see cluny offering loans worth anything near the bank can offer

dont shut down a good idea
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
3. wrecking balls (#9)
1. Nazgul (#5)

Shadow

What insurance do you offer if people steal our cash from you? Since you aren't incognito, you will be a steal target.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Pippin

presumably with a solid leader defence, but as most things it will come with its rewards and benefits but not without risk

personally i like this idea, i remember redwall turbo used to have a lot of services like this but its quite a rare occurance now, with a group of noobs saying they'll kill anyone for a penny every now and then though
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
3. wrecking balls (#9)
1. Nazgul (#5)

Durza

Quote from: Shadow on November 01, 2011, 04:23:15 PM
What insurance do you offer if people steal our cash from you? Since you aren't incognito, you will be a steal target.

Cluny is better, and more reliable.  We do not want a "US economy" blunder with The bank giving out loans and then eventuall having to call them in and the entire economy in Turbo becoming decimated.  Better to play it safe esp. without the merc backup
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Gen. Volkov

QuoteWhy not?

Because playing passive is bad for the game. It encourages a whole host of behaviors that have no place in Redwall: Warlords.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Rakefur

Question: Is the bank a real player?
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Shadow

As opposed to what? ^_^

He is posting coherently, so it isn't a robot.

Rakefur

I mean is it a bot account that Shael is posting on the forum. If he is real, I would like to know who he is. I wouldn't trust just anyone with my cash...
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Shadow