The killings

Started by Sharptooh, October 11, 2011, 11:20:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uiblis

Because we won't get as much sacking back.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Shadow Assassin

I hate it how people say 'Sack me and I will kill you' or something like that and yet they are always sacking other people.

Pippin

get some troops and do the same, anyone does it you just carry on sacking them every day for the rest of the round :)
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Shadow

You have to understand that in a game with a limited player base, new players are always wanted. And we all remember being newbies and taking attacks seriously. New players like to mess around and learn the ropes, and if they get killed, they get discouraged.

We all put time, effort, and money (mostly Shael, but we have all contributed at some time or other) to attract players to this site. When one player drives off the new ones, it is disrespectful of the work that is put into bringing them here in the first place.

So the bottom line is that when a member makes several other quit, we ask ourselves the simple economic question: is keeping that player around worth the chance of losing several? The answer is usually no. And in light of the fact that Ryu has now driven off 5 new players, the N is capitalized.

There really is no excuse in this case. They are obviously newbies, who did nothing. They did not deserve the kill, so it was either spite or boredom.

Pick on someone your own size. If you want to kill someone randomly, do someone in the top 10 so you can be sure they aren't going to leave. Otherwise, don't kill people for no reason.

Nobody has ever been disabled or banned before because of this, to my knowledge, but that is only because it has never been a problem before. If the player base and potential community are getting hurt because someone is bored and spiteful, that is going to change. Like windy said: I like playing on a server with -players-.

Since this is new, we aren't going to ban immediately. But think long and hard before continuing.

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Preußen on October 11, 2011, 04:41:38 PM
Quote from: Pippin on October 11, 2011, 04:14:32 PM
whats firetooth got you doing hmm!

That's only to clan buddies. i don't know who firetooth is in turbo right now
I've signed up but am yet to leave protection, I might start playing soon though. ;)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Rakefur

You're welcome to join Order if you want.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Firetooth

No offense, but I don't want to be clanned with Ryu at the moment.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Rakefur

Haha none taken I understand.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Sevah

It all sounds a bit dramatic. Good work Ryu. Holding the traditions of a warlord and unleashing your instincts to kill.
Killing the weak and inactive is pretty easy but that's what the game's about, Create a powerful warlord and win via power or diplomacy.

They signed up to be a warlord, the admin know this. You signed up to be a warlord. The admins know this. If they weren't so soft they'd be killing you

Signing up actually says welcome to the battlefield. It should say now your on the battlefield your not allowed to kill a specified portion of players.

Change the website name to Pinkwall Peacefreaks
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Shadow

Take out your bloodthirsty rage on established players who won't quit. It's quite simple.

Shadow Assassin

Sevz if we just smash every new guy that signs up then they wont stay and the game will die.

Sevah

They were idlers. Get an admin to log onto their accounts, check status and see how many turns they used. If they were going in circles (+2000turns) and he killed them all the crying is sorta justified but if they signed up and only moved twice you should wipe those tears and think up new ways to make the game more public.

Sounds more like the blame game for a failing system
Pinkwall needs editing. New players aren't interested. Gimme back the power to make changes to the help section and sign up pages
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Shadow

They weren't all idlers. I exchanged messages with several of them prior to their getting killed.

Durza

i would spam but i will not.  from what i gathered you only kill when in war(and only on rare occasion), else you just reduce their land to no less than 5000 or so. 
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Sharptooh

Sevah, are you an idiot? Or just playing up to it?

And congratulations on wasting turns presumably trying to kill me in Turbo Ryu, looks like turns wasted there then.