RWL needs new players!

Started by Blood Wake, October 07, 2011, 04:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blood Wake

Of course there are many ways to go about getting new players that we have tried (and mostly failed at) throughout the years.

I suggest using Twitter since it's the best thing I've found to get new fans for rock bands and what not.

only 2-10% of the people you contact on Twitter are likely to click over to RWL, but of course every time we get a new player that actually sticks around if feels worth it.

I have already begun but I think some others should join me. Less than 10 minutes a day on Twitter from just a few of us for a month could lead to more than 20 new players that stick around for a long time.

Process:

Create a Twitter profile. see: http://twitter.com/Blood_Wake

include the link to RWL in your bio and Website line, be sure to have a picture.

Now find a twitter profile relating to either strategy games or Redwall that has several thousand followers.

Follow 200-250 of the people who follow that twitter profile.

24 hours later about 25% of those people have followed you back.

Kindly send them a thank you message inviting them to play with us at http://redwallwarlords.com

Be sure to check your messages and @Mentions each day.

Problem: until about 1,800 people follow you, you can not follow more than 2,000 people.

Solution: Once you have done this for a few days and follow about 800 or more people, go to the list of people you follow, scroll to the very bottom and unfollow about 200 a day.

You can then go to the page of people who follow you and follow back anyone you unfollowed to prevent them from unfollowing you. (optional)

Let me know what you guys think!
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

picture made by my brother Klowd19

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Shadow Assassin

I think this is a good idea but the problem is that people are not staying, people come use a few turns and then never come back.

Pippin

i don't have twitter so no luck her sorry.

sounds like a good idea though, especially with 5-10 people doing it that should be cool.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Blood Wake

Well Pippen, of course one of the best steps is creating a Twitter or 8.

And of course as shadow Assassin said, most people come, use a few turns and leave. But if 5-10 people were doing it, we'd be messaging 250-500 people EVERY DAY!

So we'd have Lots of people who use a few turns and leave, but I set a realistic goal of 20 people that stay within a month of doing it. If that doesn't happen, stop tweeting.
I am Emperor Cornswallow Balthazar Eradicus Shunt VII, ruler of the Blood Wake empire.

My project, Fasba Fpel broke world records and collaborated with some incredible musicians. Download the free music or watch videos:
h

Pippin

i dont wanna make a twitter account  >:(

im sure you lovely ladies have it covered.

anyway we should think of some new ideas to keep noobies interested, though i think the welcoming message is fine as it is.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Shadow Assassin

I send a message when ever I see a new guy on and I think that helps them stay, a lot of the poeple in my clan were people I messaged.
I dont have a twitter account.

Blood Wake

h

Shadow Assassin

Sharptooh

I might try this out, but I feel slightly unnerved at the prospect of spamming people's Twitter accounts :/

Plus it might not create a great image for RWL

Shadow

QuoteSo no one will help? Right?

You do like your guilt trips ^_^

We have a pretty steady influx of new players at the moment, really. It's slow, but it's there. It's certainly a good idea, but the time commitment is too much for me at the moment.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ashyra Nightwing

Yeah, the game's more active than it's been in years - we have a facebook ad which picks up a lot of new players. You can't expect everyone to stay, but we have a lot more players than, say, 2008. They just don't visit the forums.

Blood Wake

You're spending money on Facebook ads?

It may not work the same way with RWL.

but $25 worth of Facebook ads doesn't compare to me spending 10 minutes on Twitter to get new fans for the bands I deal with.

And once again:

Step 1: Create a Twitter! It's super easy and takes less than 2 minutes.

And apparently I do have to guilt trip you guys cause I'm not listened to anymore otherwise.

h

Rakefur

Go ahead. We might get some more players. But don't expect me to get a twitter just for this.  ;)
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Gen. Volkov

QuoteStep 1: Create a Twitter! It's super easy and takes less than 2 minutes.
'

No. I despise Twitter.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Genevieve