Hacked

Started by Vargarth, October 06, 2011, 08:35:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

That's silly. No fault of the player yet we still lose the net, plus we now can't store on varg for a few days until he can run again. What possible reason is there not to reimburse?

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Rakefur

Personally I think you should give it back, even though that wouldn't be good for my clan.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

The Lady Shael

We usually don't reimburse resources unless it was our fault or the server's fault. Neither is the case here, sorry. =/ It's mostly to prevent people in the future from claiming something happened to their account and asking for resources that they didn't have in the first place. We don't have any absolute way to determine the credibility of the claim.

Just take this as a lesson to be learned so it doesn't happen in the future.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Rakefur

And feel free to take out your anger on your brother, not on us.

Sharptooh

It kind of sucks that this isn't getting reimbursed because most of that networth came from either Firetooth, Pippin or me  :-\ besides which 500 mil networth is a lot in Regular . . . are you sure you couldn't even just refund us say 200-300 mil networth to be entirely sure we aren't claiming over what we had originally?

However I can kind of see the admins reasoning, besides which this was at least partially Vargaths fault for leaving his account readily accessible to his brother; still sucks.

Rakefur

Yeah it is a lot, but Agency is still by far the most powerful clan on the server (not counting vacationed members).

Firetooth

Quote from: Rakefur on October 06, 2011, 01:32:20 PM
Yeah it is a lot, but Agency is still by far the most powerful clan on the server (not counting vacationed members).
That's still a good 1 and a half indy runs of net, it will seriously set us back. :(

Quote from: The Lady Shael on October 06, 2011, 01:09:57 PM
We usually don't reimburse resources unless it was our fault or the server's fault. Neither is the case here, sorry. =/ It's mostly to prevent people in the future from claiming something happened to their account and asking for resources that they didn't have in the first place. We don't have any absolute way to determine the credibility of the claim.

Just take this as a lesson to be learned so it doesn't happen in the future.
But pretty much everybody could tell Varg was on 1bil, so as long as you give the net back in troops and reimburse the leaders he lost (which I can prove, the posted his stats in our clan forums before he got aided with his leader count, so you know we aren't claiming to get net we never had.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Vargarth

I had quite a bit of cash as well but no one saw the actual amount. I do think we should be reimbursed. The entire server saw that I was on 1 billion net.
Collapsing and Expanding Dem Categories with no help from Kilk!

windhound

The logout button exists for a reason.  And keep your password protected.

As Shael said, we might cover for a loss caused by a code error or a server glitch.  There the player has no fault and we can verify what happened.

Vargarth just left his acct open (or password saved in browser) and someone else from his own ip nuked his net.  This isn't the fault of the admins and it can't really be verified that that is indeed what happened.
If I make a terrible run or misclick somewhere, should I expect the admins to reset me?
I've done the whole "leader mission for 25x without cash" thing, losing 3% 50x.  Its not fun, but poo happens.

Best thing to do Varg is to beat your brother over the head, then have him make an acct and pay you back
Otherwise, log onto his computer, find a site he visits, and use his acct to post "I got Bieber Fever!!!" everywhere.

Cheap lesson, really.  Those who leave their Facebook logged in at the Apple store get much, much worse.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Sharptooh

Fair enough Wondy, I can definitely see where you're coming from.

In future Vargath please make sure no one else can access your account . . .

Vargarth

Sorry. He did not know my password and i was not logged in. IDK how long he tried and failed before breaking in. Dang it. Sorry Agency...

Sharptooh

No worries Vargath, just don't let it happen again  :wink:

Oh and I think Windy's got a good idea in the whole make him sign up to pay us back thing, if you can convince him that is.

Vargarth

He won't. He is in trouble all the time and most of the time is grounded.

Uiblis

I don't think the admins are wrong in their decision. I can see how this would be annoying, but just be more careful in future.

I have no doubt you are telling the truth, but the admins have no way to check the validity of your story. So, being the good and impartial admins they are, they can't do anything.

Make a complex password which has numbers and letters, maybe capitals and add an explanation point at the end or something if you want to be really careful. Just don't write it down or record it anywhere and make sure it's easy to remember.

EDIT: Just noticed that windy said the same thing about verifying what happened, lol.

Btw
Quote from: windhound on October 06, 2011, 03:05:13 PM
The logout button exists for a reason.  And keep your password protected.

the logout button doesn't do anything. If I click it and the ten minute mark has not passed I can just go back in my browser and still be logged in. Unless you close the whole browser. I'm not sure if you could reopen last session and still get in.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Pippin

punch you brother in the face for me.

a refund would be good, seeing as the clan suffers on behalf of his brothers (who is a mug).
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres