Market Changes

Started by The Lady Shael, September 28, 2011, 11:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Durza

probably how the market system is running
Question Mark (?)
Life is chaos, some of it is just more orderly.
Not liable for anything a Spa mod may change in my posts

Vargarth

:D Ryu and I maeking our own bugs!!!  >:D
Collapsing and Expanding Dem Categories with no help from Kilk!

Pippin

by ruining my main menu?

you sir, are a big fat phoney
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Rakefur

Really weird. I just got that bug on reg.  :-\ Just sold millions of troops. One by one. :(

Edit: OK, I got it on turbo too.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

Shadow

on reg as well? Don't think changes have been made on reg, so it might be a problem elsewhere. Either that or someone is being annoying.

Are there buyers logs for the market, I wonder?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Rakefur

Yeah I got it on reg. What is a buyers log? *feels stupid*

Sharptooh

Just got this in REG, but not in turbo strangely

The timestamps are interesting however, ranging from 17.9 to 18.3 for me
On REG, not sure exactly how many troops I sold but it was enough to freeze my browser on the startup page . . . So I doubt very much someone is sitting there and doing this, maybe the timestamps can be explained by the server lagging?

On that note RWL has been really slow for me today and part of yesterday, I think this is causing it, and it seems to be getting worse unfortunately.

Shadow

That's so weird. Far as I know, we didn't add anything to the reg market.

That being said, it wouldn't be hard to write a script to auto-buy one thing from every cell in the market over and over, so maybe someone really is being a weenie.

Must wait on verdict from shael.

Sharptooh

So basically someone could be DOSing RWL . . . but why ???

The Lady Shael

I actually think I know who it is. -.- brb.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

Mystery solved. If it happens again, please let us know.

Ryu

Hahaha!

Shael caught me red-handed.

I was the market troll trolling your market.

What was interesting is that it did not take hours and hours to buy them all up... In fact, i spent literally just 10 minutes on and off buying troops in  (  not sure how many times, as in the transactions made, didnt count :P)  every troll session. So, I spent more time being humored about it then actually doing it.

Its something I tested for awhile. I used it in in-game attacks, shoutbox, private messages, and the market.  

Vargarth knows it too ;)

So it wasnt to be spiteful, just annoying, and apparently it gave better results than i tested, i mean some people said more than a thousand transactions were made??

So yeah, my fault, I was warned, And ill knock it off :)

The Lady Shael

Mostly annoyed because rapidly hitting the database thousands of times in a short timespan could make the server give up and lock everyone out....just a warning to anyone else. Luckily it didn't seem to happen here but we don't want to take chances. Plus it's just annoying to other players (and puts more load on the database when they access their news events).

In other news, I'm fairly sure I fixed the auto-sell. Make sure the appropriate amount of cash is going into your bank savings. :)

Also YES Ryu has 4 posts!! *rejoices*
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Rakefur

Haha (I actually couldn't stop laughing).  :D I can't believe it was Ryu all that time. I should've known. And congrats Ryu:
Quote from: The Lady Shael on October 06, 2011, 12:51:51 AM
Ryu has 4 posts!! *rejoices*

Sharptooh

Shouldn't there be some kind of disciplinary action for this? It could have been quite serious is the server had gone down, plus it inconvenienced a lot of people and wasted the admins time

I have no idea why on Earth you thought this was funny Ryu, it's one of the stupidest most childish things I think I've encountered in my time here. . .