And again

Started by Rakefur, September 22, 2011, 04:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Etendue

Quote from: Shadow on September 23, 2011, 11:31:43 AM
Sorry, I have been rather inactive lately, only skimming through posts. Kilk, please stop tormenting Firetooth. Firetooth, please stop responding. I think you'll find that Kilk gets bored and stops if you stop being defensive.

Shadow
Modding

Hmmmn... I'm with Firetooth on this one. It seems like he's been rather civil, whereas Kilk has been poking him in the side with red hot pokers. Perhaps the community should deliver posting justice on the next instance of said posts.
Why can't I stay away from this game?

"You're kidding me. Did you just stuff that Aperture Science Thing-We-Don't-Know-What-It-Does into an Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator?" ~GLaDOS

Firetooth

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on September 25, 2011, 11:42:17 PM
QuoteIf he's basically calling me a crybaby/jerk/noob it's not hard. Kilk's not particularly complex, he's self-centered and looks down on people he doesn't like.

He's pretty good with words and parsing logic though. Lack of complexity doesn't necessarily mean anything. Some of the best and most profound arguments or statements are quite simple to say or write.
Indeed, Ergo cognito sum and all that.

/tangent
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sevah

This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteIndeed, Ergo cognito sum and all that.

Cogito ergo sum, actually, but you have the general idea.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Pippin

haven't been killed or even slightly damaged by rake and shadow assassin yet, empty threats or will i suddenly die?
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Firetooth

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on September 27, 2011, 07:28:52 AM
QuoteIndeed, Ergo cognito sum and all that.

Lol, now you see why I did not do Latin.  :D Ergo cognito sum sounds far better, though.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Uiblis

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on September 27, 2011, 07:28:52 AM

Thought order didn't really matter in Latin?
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Pippin on September 27, 2011, 11:00:20 AM
haven't been killed or even slightly damaged by rake and shadow assassin yet, empty threats or will i suddenly die?
Sorry about stopping I went away, dont worry I will be resuming my attacks.

Pippin

you were attacking me in the first place?
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Gen. Volkov

QuoteLol, now you see why I did not do Latin. Ergo cognito sum sounds far better, though.

Um, no it doesn't. It sounds idiotic, first because its spelled cogito, not cognito, and second because Ergo means "therefore" roughly. It's an "if, then" statement, so "ergo" needs to be in the middle.

Thought order didn't really matter in Latin?

Latin is pretty flexible, but this is a special case, both because it's a quote, and because it's and "if, then" statement.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Genevieve

Volkov is so old, he speaks a dead language perfectly.

Firetooth

Quote from: Genevieve on September 28, 2011, 03:47:43 AM
Volkov is so old, he speaks a dead language perfectly.
:D

Sorry Volk, as you said I know the gist of it and that's it. I can speak german to an extent, but latin isn't my thing, forgive me. :(

I have seen the quote used as "ergo cogito sum, though."

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI have seen the quote used as "ergo cogito sum, though."

Well people are idiots, generally speaking, so this does not surprise me. LOL.

QuoteI can speak german to an extent, but latin isn't my thing, forgive me.

Eh, I can count in German, and at one point could carry on a very simple conversation in it, but I've forgotten most of the one semester of German that I took.

Razgriz

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immune mitt am.
When somebody tells you nothing is impossible, ask them to dribble a football.

Rakefur

I'm taking Latin this year. Spa amo.
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012