Wolf Bite

Started by Rakefur, September 12, 2011, 10:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rakefur

Who was he, what did he do, and why doesn't he play anymore?
Quote from: Pippin on October 13, 2011, 04:40:07 PM
RAKEFUR IS 8% PIRATE 90% SMACK TALK AND 2% STOOPID
Quote from: Kilkenne on January 30, 2012, 08:23:56 PM
"I want in. Only I want to be a nazi."-Rakefur 2012

The Lady Shael

Wolf Bite was a legendary promisance player, and came to RWL near its beginning in 2003 through his son Blood Wake. He became pretty good at the game and eventually retired from playing to write tutorials and teach others. He was a RWL admin for a long time and helped think up new ideas for RWL and helped the game become what it is today (the Pearls of Lutra theme was his idea, for example).

He's also somewhat of a controversial figure. Some thought his playing skills were overexaggerated, and some didn't agree with judgment decisions he made as admin.

He came back within the past year to help Holby and Shadow with a training clan, but some players challenged him, people took things too seriously, misunderstandings occurred, and it stopped being fun for him, so he left. I'm sure he'll still stop by from time to time.

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Rakefur

Firetooth

As Shael said, a great player and admin who interacted well with the fledgling members of the community. Unfortunately, he got upset last time people played and his tactic for retaliation was basically to buy as many troops as possible, wait to die then he just stopped visiting.

He was a pretty nice guy though, and Blood Wake is also quite cool, though he only usually drops into to promote Melodramus (a band he does marketing or something for) or if I nudge him.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Kilkenne

I wonder if I would get banned for telling him that his band is bad. I don't really think this, they are just terribly mediocre, but last time that no one gushed praise on him Blood Wake got pretty upset.

Firetooth

Quote from: Kilkenne on September 15, 2011, 12:42:42 PM
I wonder if I would get banned for telling him that his band is bad. I don't really think this, they are just terribly mediocre, but last time that no one gushed praise on him Blood Wake got pretty upset.
The band is mediocre IN YOUR OPINION. Talking like a subjective matter is objective is bad.

Besides, it's pretty understandable he'd get annoyed at somebody insulting the band considering how much time he devotes to them. He tours with them and does merch and stuff. It is kind of rude to go "meh, not impressed" in his topic. If you don't like it that's fine, but being rude about it isn't gonna achieve anything.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Pippin

wolf bite introduced me to the forums, how do you like him now?

i liked wolf bite he was a nice guy.

i've never listened to his band because i can't stand rock or metal music whatever its called, so... *agrees with no one*
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Kilkenne

Quote from: Firetooth on September 15, 2011, 01:04:04 PM
The band is mediocre IN YOUR OPINION. Talking like a subjective matter is objective is bad.

Besides, it's pretty understandable he'd get annoyed at somebody insulting the band considering how much time he devotes to them. He tours with them and does merch and stuff. It is kind of rude to go "meh, not impressed" in his topic. If you don't like it that's fine, but being rude about it isn't gonna achieve anything.

Your overreaction is hilarious. You are unintentionally hilarious. I'm referring to the time when (June, I believe) he posted, but no one immediately posted following his post about his band. And he got upset about it. I am just curious what would happen if someone told him when he asked what they thought if he said they weren't very good, what he'd do. The logical reaction would be for him to fly off the handle, based on this.

windhound

For those not keeping up, Blood Wake is part of Melodramus, I want to say he does merchandise.  Ex - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goaN6iJ9BpE
I donno, I usually hold by the idea "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."  Not my cup of tea

But yeah.  I always liked Wolf Bite, he'll probably float by again in a few months
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Firetooth

Quote from: Kilkenne on September 15, 2011, 04:15:19 PM
Quote from: Firetooth on September 15, 2011, 01:04:04 PM

Your overreaction is hilarious. You are unintentionally hilarious. I'm referring to the time when (June, I believe) he posted, but no one immediately posted following his post about his band. And he got upset about it. I am just curious what would happen if someone told him when he asked what they thought if he said they weren't very good, what he'd do. The logical reaction would be for him to fly off the handle, based on this.
Not an overreaction at all. I remember you were pretty rude to him when he talked about touring the UK, saying his post was "precious." And your subtle (or rather, not so) mocking is unappreciated and constantly overlooked. 90% of posts you make seem to be confrontational for no reason, and I'm pretty sick of it.

Also, wouldn't you defend something you love? Paticularly if you devote your life to it?

But w/e, if you want to insult some guy who doesn't even come here anymore based because you don't like the band he tours with, go for it.

Edit: Posts in mention
Quote from: Kilkenne on May 26, 2011, 02:01:56 PM
Quote from: Blood Wake on May 26, 2011, 01:54:05 PM
That's where we NEED to tour. That's where people are smart enough to get it.

you are going to be so sadly mistaken one day, this is just precious

there are unintelligent people everywhere hope this helps

Content: The scene around Madison, Wisconsin is surprisingly big, but not really big enough to break even on, apparently. About as close as most bands usually come unless it's for one of the huge events (band camp and summerfest, which are nearer to Milwaukee anyhow) is Rockford, Illinois, which might be worth looking into.
Even though this post is condescending to the max, he ignored it.

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=13548.0

He didn't get a single reply in over 2 weeks. I'd imagine you'd be annoyed if one of your silly threads didn't get a reply within the hour, and your threads don't have anything to do with your life, more often than not. The kind of band Melodramus struggles because rock and metal aren't nearly as big as Pop, rap etc. so I'd imagine being completely ignored left a bit of a sour taste in his mouth. Not saying I agree with his reply, but I can see why he made it.

Rakefur

So what do the last 6 (minus half of Pippin's) posts have to do with Wolf Bite?  :D

Uiblis

Quote from: The Lady Shael on September 12, 2011, 10:28:00 AM
Wolf Bite was a legendary promisance player, and came to RWL near its beginning in 2003 through his son Blood Wake.

So the discussion kind of shifted from wolf bite to blood wake, lol.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Kilkenne

Quote from: Firetooth on September 17, 2011, 06:40:52 AM
But w/e, if you want to insult some guy who doesn't even come here anymore based because you don't like the band he tours with, go for it.

lol, you actually believe this. I made one post that didn't even criticize his music. I made a comment based upon his likelihood to fly off the handle. I understand why you don't like me, and that's fine, I learned a long time ago that people either like me or don't, and in fact I go out of my way to antagonize you because you go out of your way to demonize me.

I don't feel like it's worth the effort to go through your posting bit by bit and point out how foolish you are and look, but this bit is the best part. He didn't disappear because of me or anything I said, indeed he has posted since. Maybe you should stop your witch hunt about me that you appear to engage in in every single thread that you possibly can; It doesn't work. Your tinfoil hat paranoia is getting old.

Further, to postulate that I get upset if my threads don't get replied to, this appears to be a you problem, not a me problem. Please work on getting over yourself, every time you get upset like this you embarass yourself.

Also, among bands in the United States, it's the biggest cliche in the book to say "They'll get us in Europe." to use this unironically is pretty funny. Check how how many progressive rock bands there are that do well in Europe proper. (Or don't, instead feel free to get mad and post about my confrontational posting, like you're going to do. That's pretty entertaining also.)

edit: I didn't edit the content of this message at all, I would just like to ask if you would like me better if I would fart rainbows, hand out puppies, and be nice to people? I need advice on making people like me.

Firetooth

Firstly, I don't dislike you. You're over-the-top posting attitude can be a bit annoying, but I just get put out by the fact you, as you admit, constantly  antagonize me, and how you're often rude to people (Kyrolin, Pippin and Blood Wake come to mind) whether to their face or behind their backs.

You misread that part, I didn't say he left because of you, I said you were insulting somebody who'd left because you didn't like his band. It's a poorly worded sentence, but I didn't mean to say you scared him off.

QuoteFurther, to postulate that I get upset if my threads don't get replied to, this appears to be a you problem, not a me problem. Please work on getting over yourself, every time you get upset like this you embarass yourself.

Not at all. I'm just saying you're used to attention so you're not really in any place to judge others for not getting attention. I don't have a problem with your threads getting replies, you make some pretty cool threads and posts sometimes. I was, as you're saying, postulating, but my point stands.

Also, you embarrass yourself when you misspell "embarrass." ;) Evidently, I'm not upset over this or I wouldn't be going "rah, you foolish, quit crying, y u no get over yourself?" There's a difference between annoyed and upset. You seem to put more effort into insulting me then you do arguing any kind of coherent point or justification besides "you're a stinky poo poo head."

Finally, I'm not American, why should I know? Also, I'm sure to some degree the statement is true. I  CBA to look up any examples, but yeah. I'm not really bothered that you said that, I'm bothered that you were rude when you said it. Did it help you convey your point any better? You didn't justify why you were rude, you justified why you said it was a cliche.

Eg.

Person 1: Doesn't Greedo shoot first?
Person 2: You stupid, useless, basement-dwelling degenerate, Han shoots first
Person 3: Why were you rude?
Person 2: Because, like, watch the original cut!

PS. If you could fart rainbows, I would give you more slack. :P

Death

he was like neo in the matrix according to himself

funny guy though! especially when he broke his leg and was all duck up on painkillers, senses of humor like that are rare things.