OFFICIAL SPA MOD DEBATE

Started by The Lady Shael, September 06, 2011, 09:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ungatt Trunn II

Naturally as founder and leader of the Federation, I support it and its goals.

But onto the general idea of such organizations in Spa...

Some say that having an organization based around pointless spam is self-defeating. That "organizing spam" makes it less... Spam worthy. But then we must remember, can we really say spamming has any rules besides the ones that the spammers give to it? Who's to say we can't unite as one and spam for a common cause? This is what we seek to do, and this is what we have done. We gain our sovereignty through the general consent of the spammer, none of whom were forced to join us. That means the spammer (at least of this glorious board) think that the organization is a good idea.

Besides that, let's look at the more basic advantages. Firstly, it unites people. It gives them a common cause. They are encouraged to spam more, simply because it means more now. It allows newer members to easily get acquainted with the community as well as learn our ways. We all have a purpose to spam, beyond just for the sake of it. And that is key.

It also helps defend us from the more... malevolent posters. Ones who wish the defy the common wishes of the majority for their own selfish amusement. Together, no enemy could defeat us. We support each other, we communicate, we post. An enemy is not an enemy if they cease to exist. And we have taken care of several enemies. These organizations have even caused former enemies to become friends. Instead of several quarreling groups producing never ending amounts of thread bombs, we are posting peacefully and productively among  ourselves.

With the presence of these organizations, spammers can now openly express their ideas to a group that will listen. It gives them all a voice to shape spa in the way that the majority accepts. Before, they would have been utterly unsuccessful and would have likely had their thread bombed by an opposition group.

The final reason is that, in practice, spamming was at its highest with the presence of these organizations. Never before in RWL history has Spa, or the entire board, gotten nearly 20,000 posts in a month until RSL came along. And with the support of all the spammers as well as the posters from the nether-regions, I firmly believe we can return to something even better than the glory days.

So yes, RSL was good for Spa. And the Federation is good for spa. 
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Dark Claws

What does the Spa mod do? The chosen person is supposed to go around and keep spam in high quality and quantity and keep spammers spamming. A government is there to guide the mod to help him out and make sure he does the right decisions. If the spa mod is not good, the government can oppose him. If the government is not good, the spa mod can oppose them. A group of spammers trying to keep the board alive with a hive of activity is encouraged and should be given certain rights. The purpose of these groups is to keep the spam from being chaotic and out of control. Spam should be crazy and creative, but deserves a government to keep it running smoothly.

Of course, in the matter of multiple groups...

There are various cliques around here, some determined on defeating the federation. The federation is the current ruling body of this spam and would lead to chaos if it went to war. Recently, the RSL-federation war came up and did not end pretty. The issue was resolved, but no civilian topic was safe. All spam was everywhere, all topics were being destroyed. Therefore, on another belief of mine, war is the last line of defense to protect the Spa, which Ungatt or Neobaron might disagree. Groups keep the spa running while at the same time rivals can threaten war on us. And we saw the havoc it created. I currently am working on recruiting people for the secret Spa police force and working as director for it, do quietly silence the enemies of this federation. And as Spa mod, they could be found easily.
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant

Shadow

Next Question:

Each spa moderator leaves his or her mark on the spa room. If you could only do one thing as spa moderator, what would your legacy be?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ungatt Trunn II

I'd save all the milk bags in Canada from the furious and psychotic wrath of Shadow.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Dark Claws

I would make sure high quality spam is constantly being pumped out of the Spa, creating thousands of high quality spam posts weekly, increasing the numbers of regulars and add to the number of newbies.

Like an assistant

Kilkenne

Answering on behalf of noaraboen:

I would sow the fields with salt so that nothing would grow here again.

The Lady Shael

Thanks Shadow for filling in for me.

Next question (and this one is important):

What is your favorite thing about Shael?
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ungatt Trunn II

To pick a single perfect property from a sublime being? Impossible. They are all equally supreme.
DIE HIPPIE DIE

Dark Claws

Well, you are constantly steering us in the right direction, being nice to the newbies, and friends with the veterans. Although Ungatt's was kind of a suck-up, I agree. You've got a lot of great qualities Shael.

Like an assistant

Ungatt Trunn II

Quote from: Dark Claws on September 13, 2011, 08:39:20 PM
Well, you are constantly steering us in the right direction, being nice to the newbies, and friends with the veterans. Although Ungatt's was kind of a suck-up, I agree. You've got a lot of great qualities Shael.

Burden me not with your insults, what I said was FACT!
DIE HIPPIE DIE

The Lady Shael

Final question!

Make your closing statement convincing everyone to vote for you in exactly 5 words (no more, no less).
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ungatt Trunn II

DIE HIPPIE DIE

Dark Claws

Like an assistant