Awesome Movies from your childhood that really aren't that awesome anymore

Started by Holby, August 11, 2011, 09:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holby

Quote from: Kilkenne on August 11, 2011, 10:08:29 AM
Also, Lord of the Rings is pretty okay, I still like Game of Thrones as the best adaptation because it's long enough that it doesn't miss really important plot points, like LotR does (due to the fact that they had to make it digestible in 3 hour bits and even that was pushing it)

Game of Thrones is awesome. But I didn't read the books first, I'm only doing that now. It's scary how similar they are.
I will not deleted this

The Lady Shael

Awww. I loved the HP movies but I guess if I watched the first ones again they wouldn't seem as good. I was 12 I think when the first one came out.

I've really been trying to think about the movies I watched when I was little, but the ones I've seen recently I still love...basically all the Disney movies. And Land Before Time. Actually, I used to love the Spy Kids movie, now whenever I catch glimpses of it I think it's pretty stupid.

Agree with Matt about the love stories thing....I'm usually a hopeless romantic but recently I'm losing patience for some chick flicks. Like I keep thinking "there is NO way this would happen" or "that's too idealisitic". But I don't think about that with cartoons for some reason.

Quote from: Genevieve on August 11, 2011, 10:11:13 AM
Asians age well and make pretty babies.

Whoo :D
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

Quote from: Neobaron on August 11, 2011, 10:09:10 AM
I'm p sure the best character is whichever one David Tennant played.
Bartholomew or something, he was awesome in all fairness, but only because DT played him.

ALso, land before time. <3

@Holby, I must be getting confused then haha. I never like Cho Chang that much, but she was better then Ginny. SHe got dumped like lots of other characters...at least, iirc, she didn't get killed off for no reason SPOIERS like a certain owl.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Quote from: Kilkenne on August 11, 2011, 10:13:02 AM
All I recall from Cho Chang in the books is that she constantly cried about everything.

This. I found her annoying in the movies as well.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

I can't watch game of thrones because the channel it's shown on here (Sky atlantic) is one we don't have with our virgin subscription. I want to watch it because of the below gif, though.

I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Kilkenne

Pippin

1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Kilkenne

Quote from: Pippin on August 11, 2011, 10:46:45 AM
remember the titans

Why would a Brit ever watch a film about American Football? That's just weird.

Firetooth

Quote from: Kilkenne on August 11, 2011, 10:48:14 AM
remember the titans

*raises hand* I watched the blind side. :-[

Pippin

Quote from: Kilkenne on August 11, 2011, 10:48:14 AM
remember the titans

i've watched quite a few actually, mainly comedies

1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Kilkenne

The Blind Side is more of a tale about racial equality and warm fuzzy happiness than it is about American Football.

Then again I love both Football and American Football, I just like the American version more because there's no good football in the States. Unless you watch it in the middle of the day on European television networks, I guess.

And The Waterboy is the only American football comedy I'm aware of, what're the others?

Firetooth

Quote from: Kilkenne on August 11, 2011, 10:51:58 AM
The Blind Side is more of a tale about racial equality and warm fuzzy happiness than it is about American Football.

Kind of I suppose, but I didn't know that before I watched it. :P

Neobaron

Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Kilkenne

Volkov is going to go berserk when he sees that. He, like every other ND fan ever, seems to think that Notre Dame will be relevant this year when they've barely been relevant in the last decade.

Neobaron

BUT BRADY QUINN

I couldn't find a decent picture depicting foaming at the mouth that wasnt disgusting for this post.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.