Chrome

Started by Pippin, July 10, 2011, 07:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pippin

Is google chrome a better browser than safari  ???? not sure wether to download it or not :/
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Shadow

I don't know much about Safari, but I know that Chrome is a solid browser in both speed and security. More RWLers use chrome than any other browser, I believe.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Pippin, nice to see you around again. :)

Personally I use Firefox, but chrome is cool too. Safari is best for apple computers, so it depends what you use.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Ashyra Nightwing

Yeah, Chrome's pretty good (and fully endorsed by Shael) but I personally prefer Firefox. :)

Kilkenne

I like the new Firefox better than I like Chrome, but I used Chrome for about two years prior to the new Firefox coming out. I use both still depending on what I'm doing, as for whatever reason my Firefox hates freedom and doesn't like it when I open up too many tabs with java/flash in them.

Sharptooh

Firstly nice to see you around again Pippin  :)

Secondly I would reccomend Firefox, we could turn this into a massive debate about speed and security but Firefox is up there with the best (at the very least)

I tried Chrome a couple of times, but it didn't feel right, went back to Firefox very promptly, still use it now.

Ruddertail

I find that chrome tends to be faster than Firefox (though I admit I haven't used the new FF very much) and I like the feel of chrome. Can't compare it to safari,  but if you're unsatisfied with what you have now, Chrome is definitely worthy of a test drive.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Gen. Volkov

I use Firefox, because I don't like the fact that Google collects so much info on people. I'm sure Chrome is fast and all that, I just don't fully trust Google. Same reason I don't use Apple products.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Kyrolin Zenyar

I don''t trust Google either, but I enjoy life to the fullest with Chrome.
(bad ad spoof)
Actually, I have Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and IE installed on the same computer.  Depending on what I want to do, I pick the matching browser.
Highest Rank: 1 (turbo)
Lowest Rank: Last?
Quote from: Krowdon on May 29, 2011, 08:52:15 PM
Who goes to war over spam? ohrite, we do. RSL!

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on July 10, 2011, 09:24:08 AM
Yeah, Chrome's pretty good (and fully endorsed by Shael)

:D

I love Chrome. But I don't use Safari and I haven't tried the new Firefox so I can't really compare. All I know is I love it better than IE8 (which they force us to use at work).
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Ungatt Trunn II

Chrome is the next stage for the online evolutionary process. May as well join up now while you can still do it willingly!

I <3 Chrome! (If Google sees this I'd like a job as head of security [physical security])
DIE HIPPIE DIE

windhound

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on July 11, 2011, 12:47:40 AM
I use Firefox, because I don't like the fact that Google collects so much info on people. I'm sure Chrome is fast and all that, I just don't fully trust Google. Same reason I don't use Apple products.

wat Volky?
You don't trust Apple to do...  what exactly?
Apple has never had much interest in your personal info and habits, Google makes all their money off your personal info and habits.  As does Facebook, and you use Facebook.  Facebook is probably the worst, because Zuckerberg has a history of saying bad things about user privacy. 
I trust Apple more than I do Microsoft.  Apple gives back to the opensource projects they use (CUPS, the Linux printing service?  yeah, that's Apple's).  Microsoft just noms things.

Anyways
I've gotten stuck with Firefox. 
I like it a lot, but I've found it difficult to switch to other browsers because they just don't 'feel' right.  Also, there's a lot of extensions on Firefox not available anywhere else.  Adblock Plus, I know some disapprove, buts its a invaluable part of any browser I use. 
Opera is possibly the worst of these, its fast, got lots of features, but the feel of the UI is pretty bad. 
Chrome is pretty good and they're still working on it.  Its got a sudo-adblock but being from Google I don't know if it'll ever get a true Adblock extension. 
I honestly don't know why you'd use Safari, other than the same reason you'd use IE - didn't want to get another Browser and were happy with what came on your box. 
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Gen. Volkov

Quotewat Volky?
You don't trust Apple to do...  what exactly?
Apple has never had much interest in your personal info and habits, Google makes all their money off your personal info and habits.  As does Facebook, and you use Facebook.  Facebook is probably the worst, because Zuckerberg has a history of saying bad things about user privacy.
I trust Apple more than I do Microsoft.  Apple gives back to the opensource projects they use (CUPS, the Linux printing service?  yeah, that's Apple's).  Microsoft just noms things.

That was more in reference to the iPhone and iPad. They do collect data on the people who use those products.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Genevieve

What is it about the collection of data that make people think the companies aren't trustworthy?

windhound

It was overblown Volky.
The 'tracking' data that was on the iPhone was a list of wifi aps and cellphone towers that the user had been near.  Its how the devices get your rough position without a GPS receiver.  The data was never sent back to Apple or left the phone in any way.
My Garmin GPS has basically the same log file, only its an actually accurate GPS trail of the last thousand or so miles that I traveled.  I've dumped it to my computer and plotted it with Google Earth, pretty cool stuff and much more detailed than the Apple log file. 

And guess what?  Android phones do the exact same thing.
http://thenextweb.com/google/2011/04/21/its-not-just-the-iphone-android-stores-your-location-data-too/
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't