Round changes, pros, cons, and taking a break...

Started by The Purple Dragon, July 09, 2011, 02:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Dragon

Hey guys,
I just want to let everyone know I'm taking a break from RWL for a little while due to numerous reasons...

1) Badly calculated aid credits in a round where aid between clan members is the key to anything, please switch back to old aid system...
2) Few people that are just sitting there murdering anyone who indies just to make the round as annoying as possible for anyone actually trying to play.
3) I'm bored.
4) Internet drama < real life
5) Kyle stole all my Redwall books so I can't quote them anymore in character... >:(
6) For every good player in the game there are 5 whiny ones whining about how whiny that good player is for whining about how whiny the whiners are.
7) Its the freaking summer before first year University :o

The main reason is that I'm just sick of doing the same stuff over and over again, instead of making slight tweaks to aid and take downs, why not focus on doing something completely spontaneous and game changing... We've basically been dong the same thing for like 10 years (more for some probably)...

I just had an idea as I wrote this... Why not disable the in-game messaging and forums for an entire round so players could not communicate outside of MSN... I think that would take us in an interesting direction! Not to mention funny as heck.

Well guys, it has been fun... good luck to some, piss off to others... you all know who you are  >:D

The Purple Dragon
I have a Purple Dragon. I shall love him and I shall cuddle him and I shall call him Squishy. And He Breathes Fire.

"After stealing the TV, washing the dishes doesn't make up for it" - Wolf Bite directed at Sevz :D

"I got one!" - Revelation when he killed that one clanned account that never played and had 250 land:P

Firetooth

I agree the whining and arguing sucks. Was fun working with you again, sad to see you go, especially in a round where good indies are in demand. See you around sometime. :)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

See ya Purple Dragon, hope you come back soon

Quote from: The Purple Dragon on July 09, 2011, 02:39:10 PM
6) For every good player in the game there are 5 whiny ones whining about how whiny that good player is for whining about how whiny the whiners are.

Slightly hypocritical when your posting a topic like this? No?

Shadow

What's wrong with the way aid credits are calculated?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ruddertail

They're bugged. You cap out at 5. And Shael's not been able to fix them for a whole week.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

The Purple Dragon

Quote from: Sharptooh on July 09, 2011, 04:24:28 PM
See ya Purple Dragon, hope you come back soon

Slightly hypocritical when your posting a topic like this? No?

You completely missed the point of this post just like you missed the "t" in Sharptoo"t"h....
This isn't a complaint post, its just informing people that I'm taking a break and offering my criticisms to the moderators and admins etc.
----------------------------------------------------------

Yeah Kyle, Ruddertail is right. That and the fact that the new aid system just hinders team playing more than anything, especially on an emp round... I'm beginning to think that you guys tested it on an emp round just to see if people would actually be able to build up a large enough army while being hindered by negative leftovers that they are forced to sell on mercs just because they can't send them to clanmates.
I have a Purple Dragon. I shall love him and I shall cuddle him and I shall call him Squishy. And He Breathes Fire.

"After stealing the TV, washing the dishes doesn't make up for it" - Wolf Bite directed at Sevz :D

"I got one!" - Revelation when he killed that one clanned account that never played and had 250 land:P

Night Wolf

2) Few people that are just sitting there murdering anyone who indies just to make the round as annoying as possible for anyone actually trying to play.

We were murdering everyone with net, not just indies
due to events like these im done

The Purple Dragon

Quote from: Night Wolf on July 09, 2011, 06:26:48 PM
We were murdering everyone with net, not just indies
due to events like these im done
[/quote]

I'm not quitting, I'm just taking a break so that I can enjoy the game again in a few months... this happens a lot where I quit because they game gets too pointless or repetitive. Keep doin' what you're doing by all means, I'm not leaving because of a few kids murder everyone, or because there is too much flaming going on... just plain and simple I need a break 'cause I'm bored.

Guaranteed there will be one trash talker who will say " Yeah TPD left 'cause he's too soft" but I'll be back in a bit! >:D

Night Wolf

meh nobody is even trying that hard to defend there stuffs so its getting too easy.

Shadow

Quote from: Ruddertail on July 09, 2011, 05:30:37 PM
They're bugged. You cap out at 5. And Shael's not been able to fix them for a whole week.

Oh you're right. Must have lost something in translation. They definitely work in testing.

Shael is webless at the moment, I think, but she should be getting access soon. Windy, if you are around, maybe you could take a look and do a diff of the relent files between here and test?

windhound

Well poop guys
I don't know things are broken if you don't tell me, no post in Bugs? 
My MSN has been on for extended periods while my computer backs up to Carbonite, leave a message...

I can take a look and if I can't fix I can revert for now...  I know I'm not the main coder, but ducttape patches are my thing!
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Holby

Hey guys,
I just want to let everyone know I'm taking a break from RWL for a little while due to numerous reasons...

1) Badly calculated aid credits in a round where aid between clan members is the key to anything, please switch back to old aid system...
3) I'm bored.
4) Internet drama < real life
5) Kyle stole all my Redwall books so I can't quote them anymore in character... >:(
7) Its the freaking summer before first year University :o

The main reason is that I'm just sick of doing the same stuff over and over again, instead of making slight tweaks to aid and take downs, why not focus on doing something completely spontaneous and game changing... We've basically been dong the same thing for like 10 years (more for some probably)...

I just had an idea as I wrote this... Why not disable the in-game messaging and forums for an entire round so players could not communicate outside of MSN... I think that would take us in an interesting direction! Not to mention funny as heck.

Well guys, it has been fun... good luck to some, piss off to others... you all know who you are  >:D

The Purple Dragon

Whiny post.

Whatever happened to your friend who was pretending to be Orcrist?
I will not deleted this

Shadow

Quote from: windhound on July 09, 2011, 07:59:27 PM
Well poop guys
I don't know things are broken if you don't tell me, no post in Bugs? 
My MSN has been on for extended periods while my computer backs up to Carbonite, leave a message...

I can take a look and if I can't fix I can revert for now...  I know I'm not the main coder, but ducttape patches are my thing!

The code works on test, so whatever is on test that is not on turbo is the culprit!

windhound

Aid credits fixed, plz to tell me next time kkthx

edit:  also, everyone bumped to 18 credits
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

The Purple Dragon

Quote from: Holby on July 09, 2011, 08:03:56 PM

Whiny post.

Whatever happened to your friend who was pretending to be Orcrist?

Ah shut up Holby I already addressed the fact that there would be that one immature kid that says " TPD is just whining", not true. Even if these things were not in the game, I would still be taking a break because it gets boring after 3 rounds or so and then I usually start up again 4 or 5 months later... I've done this before like three times. Call it what you will but I wanted to leave the game for a break while also throwing out my criticisms that hopefully will help other players get this game back on track, but it probably won't have any effect of course. I'm not whining so bugger off kiddo.

Mike is still playing, he said he was getting tired of it too though so he'll probly only play a few more rounds... he should really get a forum account tho.

Peace out guys, talk to you in a few months.