FAQ suggestions

Started by The Lady Shael, June 21, 2011, 08:21:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/faq.php

What other suggestions do you guys have for frequently asked questions? I know there's a ton more...
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Daryn

Which race should I play?
Pies.

Krowdon

Quote from: Daryn on June 22, 2011, 12:39:14 PM

Daryn, if they did that, then we would have a ton of people as like, Magpie for examply. If you were to do that, I would do

"You should play Fox if..."
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Ruddertail

QuoteI have a brother or sister who wants to play on the same computer?
Does not work. As phrased, it is requesting confirmation of the fact. It should be
What if I have a brother or sister who wants to play on the same computer?

Or,
I have a brother or sister who wants to play on the same computer. Is this ok?

Etc. Also, I would make sure to link to the forums anywhere you reference them, and shy away from telling people to build markets. Make it clear that running in the red is normal, and all the experienced players do it. We may want to get away from this eventually, but in the mean time, keeping the newbies at a cap of 1 mil nw per 1k land or whatever does them no favor.

My suggestion? Guide them towards food selling. It's easy to do, with none of the limitations that can trip an indy up, without the leader ratios, and without the labor intensiveness of cashing. Even a 50% barracks, 50% farms strategy is probably better than trying to build markets and run with troops.

Speaking of runs, somewhere in there there should be some mention of what a run is and why it's better than spending turns a few at a time.

That's my $.02, of course, but it just doesn't make sense to have the FAQ section guide people into unplayable strats when you could tell them strait up how to do decently. The net differentials on turbo and reg shouldn't be nearly this large when a lot of the people on 10s of millions of net have been playing for months on reg, or most of the set on turbo.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Daryn

Quote from: Krowdon on June 22, 2011, 03:33:51 PM
Quote from: Daryn on June 22, 2011, 12:39:14 PM

Daryn, if they did that, then we would have a ton of people as like, Magpie for examply. If you were to do that, I would do

"You should play Fox if..."

I was thinking of the answers in that sort of sense. Anyways, is Magpie any good?
Pies.

Kilkenne

Magpie's okay if you really know what you're doing. You can generate a pretty good amount of cash if land flow is good.

Daryn

Quote from: Kilkenne on June 22, 2011, 03:57:16 PM
Magpie's okay if you really know what you're doing. You can generate a pretty good amount of cash if land flow is good.

Interesting,,, i might just have to try it out next round.
Pies.

Kilkenne

Depending what type of round it is, it's pretty powerful. The general strategy is something like rocking 10% or so huts, 60% tents, 20% markets, 10% foragers (optional) staying in Southsward, 20 turns of looting at 74% tax, 10 turns of ??? at 5% tax to regain villagers. Something like that. You then flop p your markets plus some tents to 30% camps and buy troops to do a thing with when you want more land. Mercs are cheap for them, and that's really all there is to it. It's just micromanaging your taxes. You could actually technically lose the markets I think, but I'm pretty sure that with that many workers, they're worth keeping around.

Ruddertail

I think you actually make more cash sans markets than with them. At least, last time I checked it, which was the Storehouse round.

Also, only 5 turns at 5%. It's not worth spending 10.
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Kilkenne

I think it has something to do with how much land you have, at a certain point you get diminishing returns because the original amount just doesn't matter much. Magpie has the highest income bonus that anyone gets, so it helps the market numbers by a good amount. Plus I forget whatever it is their race spell does, but it's related.

Shadow

Magpie does best with all tents, no markets. The only advantage to markets is that their output is not affected by low health, so if you are attacking a lot they can be worth having. Then again, their race spell makes healing faster, so it is generally better to go all tents.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Kilkenne

When I was messing with the numbers, I figured you'd just build them first when you could, just to get some cash going at the beginning of the run, as with the Magpie, you'll need some startup immediate cash or it's going to be really slow. I think that's what I had been thinking about.

Daryn

Thanks. I gotta keep this in mind, then.
Pies.

Dark Claws

How about a suggestion for picking clans. Like "Look for clan members that are friendly and powerful" or something like that.
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant