Started by Shadow, June 12, 2011, 04:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genevieve

Quote from: Krowdon on June 28, 2011, 10:01:07 AM
I also liked Australia. Its a long movie, but worth the time. ^__^

It is definitely not.

Firetooth

Quote from: Krowdon on June 28, 2011, 10:01:07 AM
If you havent seen it, Catwoman is good.

I also liked Australia. Its a long movie, but worth the time. ^__^
No Catwoman is not good :P
I dunno about Australia, it was good but there was like 12 oppurtunities for them to end it that they should've used.

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on June 15, 2011, 05:54:08 AM
Watched 'Paul' the other day and it reminded me that all the Simon Pegg and Nick Frost movies are great -  if you haven't seen them - I have no idea how big they are in the US :P

So, yeah: Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz are classics, Paul is pretty awesome too
I watched about half of Paul today, I liked it but my favourite Pegg/Frost film has to be Shaun of the Dead by quite a way. (though I am yet to see Hot Fuzz)

Films I'd reccomend as in generally? Any film directed by Stanley Kubrick or Clint Eastwood, and about 90% of the films starring Clint Eastwood (1 or 2 are mediocre). Obviously perhaps not for the some of the younger members here. Some neat films I can think of that is pretty pg-13 would be Million Dollar Baby, or philadelphia. Thor was also a pretty fun film, idk when that comes to DVD.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Sharptooh

Australia was OK, but as has already been said it went on for too long

Paul is good, but you have to be quite nerdy to understand the humour, and whilst I found it really funny I thought it was unnecessarily rude in places . . .

Dark Claws

I just got off Netflix, Home Alone 2 is pretty good. Paul isn't that great, and I'm with Sharptooh on Australia, butI saw like 5 seconds of it.
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant

Gen. Volkov

I rather liked Paul, but that's probably because I'm a nerd.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Ashyra Nightwing

Yeah, I can understand why Dark Claws didn't really like it - its attitude to Christianity was a little... harsh :P

But I really enjoyed it. Also because I'm kind of a giant nerd. Wondering how well it went down in America due to all the religion stuff being pretty irreverent. UK's got a different attitude there.

Firetooth

Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing on June 30, 2011, 06:32:10 AM
Yeah, I can understand why Dark Claws didn't really like it - its attitude to Christianity was a little... harsh :P

But I really enjoyed it. Also because I'm kind of a giant nerd. Wondering how well it went down in America due to all the religion stuff being pretty irreverent. UK's got a different attitude there.
Yeah, I think it should have made it a little clearer that those views on Christianity aren't really mainstream, then again I know people here in England who have similar attitudes/beliefs, so I don't find it hard to believe.

Anyway, evolution is real. I think it was just taking a little jab at the whole "earth is 6000years old (why does she say 4000?) evolution is a myth" crowd, then again I haven't seen all of it so there may be other sections with religion.

I also liked the humour, at least the references I got :D
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

RavenArailt

The other day I randomly found the movie "Unknown" and thought, "Hey, this might be a good movie! I think I'll watch it." Well, as it turned out... it was awesome. :D It's like an action/suspense kinda movie...