Movie Suggestions

Started by Shadow, June 12, 2011, 04:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gen. Volkov

QuotePlease tell me that is not actually a real movie. . .

Oh, it is. Made by the Sci Fi channel. Also probably written by a bunch of frat boys over a drunken weekend, with computer graphics done by a High School AV class...
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Sharptooh

You should check out movies made by these guys:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Asylum

"Pirates of Treasure Island"
"The Da Vinci Treasure"
"Allan Quatermain and the Temple of Skulls"

All quality movies, you can tell because of the time and effort they put in:
QuoteThe Asylum work schedule is typically four months from decision to create a title to finished product. The script will take from an hour to a few weeks to write. Pre-production is afforded only a few weeks, production is "a couple of weeks"

Gen. Volkov

I kinda want to see "Snakes on a Train". It can't be any more ridiculous than "Snakes on a Plane".
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Daryn

I saw a parody of Snakes on a Plane. It was hilarious.

Try rewatching the old pirates of the Caribbean. They're better than the new ones out.
Pies.

Dark Claws

If you don't mind watching an animated Christian show with talking vegetables (usually also compatible with Judiasm), then watch Veggie Tales. It's always cute and I stil watch every new one when it comes out.
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant

Nyan

Mostly animated ones and some random ones:

Amélie, Coraline, Dark City, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind,  Howl's Moving Castle, The Illusionist (Live action movie, though I hear the animated [non-related] movie is also good), Kiki's Delivery Service, The Last Unicorn, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, MirrorMask, Moon, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Plague Dogs, Princess Mononoke, Repo!: The Genetic Opera, Spirited Away, The Flight of Dragons, The Hobbit (Rankin/Bass animated version),  The Prestige, The Princess Bride, The Tale of Despareaux, The Secret of Kells, The Usual Suspects, Watership Down.

cloud

"Blood Car" best movie ever.

Also "Just go with it" was pretty funny.
"Through the wonders of scientific and mathematical reasoning, we can now reasonable infer that "cloud" is in fact "a bear"."
-Kilk

Once an emperor, always an emperor...

Krowdon

Quote from: Nyan on June 24, 2011, 08:04:47 PM
Mostly animated ones and some random ones:

Amélie, Coraline, Dark City, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind,  Howl's Moving Castle, The Illusionist (Live action movie, though I hear the animated [non-related] movie is also good), Kiki's Delivery Service, The Last Unicorn, Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, MirrorMask, Moon, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, Plague Dogs, Princess Mononoke, Repo!: The Genetic Opera, Spirited Away, The Flight of Dragons, The Hobbit (Rankin/Bass animated version),  The Prestige, The Princess Bride, The Tale of Despareaux, The Secret of Kells, The Usual Suspects, Watership Down.

New Favorite Person. Right here.

The Princess Bride is one of my favorite movies ever. And I recognise a lot of those titles.

---

I reccomend "Sweet Home Alabama"
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Gen. Volkov

Shadow, if you have not seen The Princess Bride, I recommend it. Has quite possibly the best swordfight ever put on film.

Daryn

Pies.

Shadow

I hve seen the Princess Bride, it was awesome. Also, I want to see inglorious Basterds but I doubt it has made it to Netflix yet.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI hve seen the Princess Bride, it was awesome. Also, I want to see inglorious Basterds but I doubt it has made it to Netflix yet.

It came out in 2009, I'm sure its on Netflix.

Shadow

Probably not the Canadian one, it is a bit behind
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Uiblis

If you're a ff junkie like me you can watch ff7 advent children.
Nothing great about it, has no plot. I just like playing it through in slow motion/frame by frame and marvel at its awesome action scenes.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Krowdon

If you havent seen it, Catwoman is good.

I also liked Australia. Its a long movie, but worth the time. ^__^
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works