Moderators/Shael please look!

Started by The Purple Dragon, June 09, 2011, 09:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Dragon

Alright, so I've been finding a lot of bugs this round and my latest one is like the godfather of all bugs and is easily abused.

Today I ran and got about 80-90k land. I built have foragers half barracks but barracks had 2 more than barracks. When I clicked construction again it said "can construct:-1 barracks"

I thought this was pretty weird and I sensed that I had found another glitch in the system. The next land I gathered I could only build in barracks, but instead of putting "build 27,698 foragers" I typed in "build -27,698 barracks" just to see what would happen.

This is where it gets weird. The barracks built, using turns. I had 60k barracks and 33k foragers. This is obviously very easily abused, and I want to tell Shael/the mods this before any gets suspicious of the fact that me account has twice the barracks than it does foragers. If a mod could please correct this glitch that would be much appreciated, I don't want to be seen as a cheater.

Purple Dragon
~Unofficial Bug Hunter~
I have a Purple Dragon. I shall love him and I shall cuddle him and I shall call him Squishy. And He Breathes Fire.

"After stealing the TV, washing the dishes doesn't make up for it" - Wolf Bite directed at Sevz :D

"I got one!" - Revelation when he killed that one clanned account that never played and had 250 land:P

Holby

Moderators have no power in game.

Only an admin can fix it, which means letting windy or Shael know.

Your post probably would have been better as an IG message to Shael's admin account, or a PM to her on the forums.

Holby,
modding
I will not deleted this

Abby The Rat

The bug is already brought to the admins attention. Someone else has came across the bug as well. But please go ahead and message Shael IC or PM Shael in forum with more details. Details help dev bug fix.
Not around, please ignore.

Could be found on discord: [https://discord.gg/9CkfKWD]

The Purple Dragon

Quote from: Abby The Rat on June 10, 2011, 04:43:18 AM
The bug is already brought to the admins attention. Someone else has came across the bug as well.

totally called that eh Kilk :P
I have a Purple Dragon. I shall love him and I shall cuddle him and I shall call him Squishy. And He Breathes Fire.

"After stealing the TV, washing the dishes doesn't make up for it" - Wolf Bite directed at Sevz :D

"I got one!" - Revelation when he killed that one clanned account that never played and had 250 land:P

The Lady Shael

Holby is right, next time you come across a bug like this it'll be more convenient to message me directly. But no harm done.

I've started looking into the problem (and I do acknowledge this is a serious flaw) and hopefully should be fixed within the next couple days. You shouldn't be able to build a negative amount of structures (there is already a specific check for this, it's being bypassed somehow). If your construct values get in that weird state with the negative numbers, if someone attacks you with troops and takes land, it will be reset to a valid arrangement.

edit: spelling
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.