Suicides

Started by Shadow, May 29, 2011, 01:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

So: after that round of suicides, what do you all think of the current balance? Those who were on the receiving end, too powerful? Good balance?

I think we are closer to a good balance than we have been before. And I agree with Holby that a limit of a factor of 20 in attackable net range even when at war is good for leader suicides so that people with barely any net have a harder time taking down people much bigger than themselves. This will force people to use troops to take down properly set up emps.

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Etendue

Quote from: Shadow on May 29, 2011, 01:51:37 PM
And I agree with Holby that a limit of a factor of 20 in attackable net range even when at war is good for leader suicides so that people with barely any net have a harder time taking down people much bigger than themselves. This will force people to use troops to take down properly set up emps.

Hmmnnn... That's a good idea. Can't believe we didn't have it sooner. So there still is no restriction on murders/poisons? Last storehouse round, I transferred all my net to Wolf Bite after distribution, then spammed several hundred poisons/murders in one or two days. I personally consider that very cheap, as my enemies couldn't even take a turn due to their troops, and I was destroying everybody I could get my hands on.
Why can't I stay away from this game?

"You're kidding me. Did you just stuff that Aperture Science Thing-We-Don't-Know-What-It-Does into an Aperture Science Emergency Intelligence Incinerator?" ~GLaDOS

Firetooth

Eh, I think losses were way to great on my side. As a stoat with around 7mil leaders, I was killing around the same as sharp on comparatively less (millions) bit losing like 4* more.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

when we suicided you on turbo it took more than 100 shots to get you into murder range. You cannot possibly complain that 100 shots does not favour the defender.

Firetooth

Huh? I was talking about suiciding Neo. I agree it greatly favours the defender...perhaps too much.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Oh, right.

Well, the trick is to have lots of leaders, but not too many. If you have a ton more than you need to pass the threshold for suicides, then you are going to lose a ton more than necessary.

You only need enough leaders to make sure you aren't getting capped. This means, basically, that you have at least 1/15 of their leaders, but should probably suicide with about 1/5 of their leaders to make sure you dont get capped much by random rolls.

Neobaron

You and sharpy killed 9 million leaders Firetooth. Granted you didn't break or espy, but that has more to do with how ratio works than anything.

Suicides are fine as they are.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Firetooth

What?

How many did you begin with Neo?

Quote from: Shadow on June 15, 2011, 12:48:50 PM
Oh, right.

Well, the trick is to have lots of leaders, but not too many. If you have a ton more than you need to pass the threshold for suicides, then you are going to lose a ton more than necessary.

You only need enough leaders to make sure you aren't getting capped. This means, basically, that you have at least 1/15 of their leaders, but should probably suicide with about 1/5 of their leaders to make sure you dont get capped much by random rolls.
Cool, thanks.

Neobaron

A lot.

I'm not going to tell you. :P

I will give you a hint though; when I passed off, my ratio was still in the 300s.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Firetooth

It's not like it matters now you ran, jerk :(

Oh well, now I'll try some calculator stuff