Pretty funny stuff

Started by Firetooth, May 28, 2011, 04:20:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neobaron

I'm... fairly certain... that nobody was waiting around watching for you in particular to log on and run so they could deny you.

That you were mostly left alone after you were removed (diplomatically, an outstanding and hilarious coup by Kilk) from your own clan should be an indication to you that you were a non-factor. You were kept in place by promises of repayment, and were unable to mount any kind of incursion into kilk's sphere of influence.

The ONLY reason this round was even close was because Lucy switched teams when nobody was watching.

Other than that, this round was locked up from the moment I disbanded BAº, causing everyone to see KM (BA with a different hat) in a different and more appealing light.

Don't kid yourself. The outcome here was never in question.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Holby

Quote from: Neobaron on May 29, 2011, 04:05:50 AM
Other than that, this round was locked up from the moment I disbanded BAº, causing everyone to see KM (BA with a different hat) in a different and more appealing light.

Only because of that final move of maxing windy, then setting him to war, so his ratio would be incredible with less than 24 hours still reset. I give you credit for that, but the rest is mostly irrelevant. There really should have been a lot more net floating around than there was.

You can manage and manipulate clans however you want, but it only ever takes 2 players to screw it all up. One to suicide, one to murder. Or one to produce troops, the other to hold.

I will not deleted this

Firetooth

Quote from: Neobaron on May 29, 2011, 04:05:50 AM
I'm... fairly certain... that nobody was waiting around watching for you in particular to log on and run so they could deny you.

That you were mostly left alone after you were removed (diplomatically, an outstanding and hilarious coup by Kilk) from your own clan should be an indication to you that you were a non-factor. You were kept in place by promises of repayment, and were unable to mount any kind of incursion into kilk's sphere of influence.

The ONLY reason this round was even close was because Lucy switched teams when nobody was watching.

Well, Kilk (according to TPD and himself) had the troops to sell but got murdered. Also, as I said, had Holby not stolen I would've bothered to scrape more when nobody was camping online and actually build huts. Combined with windy then only bneing on 1.5bil, the 900mil or so net redrum had would've boosted me to first. Why do I have to repeat myself?

Had I not been onlined and stolen from, I would've finished with 370bil cash. Even without camps, that is about 700mil net. Combined with Redrum's net

700mil+900mil=1.6 bil

Before we aided him, Windy was approx 1.5bil

Now, is it settled that GLaDOS would've won if Holby didn't online me? That is excluding the last run Purp did aiding KM and any camps that would've been built.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Pac-man

Quote from: Shadow on May 28, 2011, 09:48:17 PM
meh

i got sick of marlfox after they sat back and took it from KM even after they killed both me and sharp

they deserved to lose after that

Are you clumping me with Marlfox in this statement? I was unable to log on for close to two weeks, so there was no way I could have helped. I don't think I would have stood by if I wasn't on vaca.
Turbo Highest Rank: #2
Reg Highest Rank: #11

Shadow

And if people would've stopped trying to screw me over (both times I last ran people were camping waiting for me run) and stealing my money, and actually hit, you know, the guys in 1st, Km probably wouldn't have won.

Actually, if you hadn't sent KM a bunch of net to spite Holby then the end of the round would have been more interesting and MAYBE KM would not have won. The difference would be that they would have taken you down, and the final net would have been a much closer race between Holbs and KM.

KM won. If you don't like that, then you shouldn't have sent them net. But now that it is over, you can't claim credit for their win just because you made a bad call at the end of the round.

Anyway, that round was really, really wierd. I hope that this one is a more straight-up battlefest.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Kilkenne

He didn't send any net to KM. Windy said very specifically that he didn't get any net from Firetooth. He was bluffing to make Holby upset. That net came from TPD/Redrum at the end.

Shadow

Oh. Well that's even funnier.

Firetooth

Quote from: Kilkenne on May 29, 2011, 09:47:57 AM
He didn't send any net to KM. Windy said very specifically that he didn't get any net from Firetooth. He was bluffing to make Holby upset. That net came from TPD/Redrum at the end.
I already said so. TPD aided the net, but I reccomended that he should. Ultimately, my clan member, so in a roundabout way it was "from me." Don't get bogged down in logistics and start going "but not yur net!!!111" because I've already said that...the point is I had the net sent off.

@ Shadow, same outcome. Originally, TPD and Redrum favoured KM whilst I favoured Holby so we were split on what to do and were originally going to aid Redrum to first, but Holby onlining me actually confirmed KM's win as I didn't want him gainign first with my cash. I'm not denying I aided KM to spite him, that is exactly what I did, but I agree, that round was weird, and not in a good way.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

What I don't get is why you guys felt the need to back one of them instead of going for a good finish yourselves. You don't get to claim credit for someone else's win if you send them aid they didn't ask for...

Firetooth

I did get a good finish, I got 5th. And as I said, we were originally aiming for a good finish, but losing 200bil on the last day did kind of mess that up. I'm more claiming credit for holby not winning, anyway, which is fair.

Shadow

It isn't though. KM won the round on their own steam, which means Holby didn't win because of them. You can't claim credit for Holby not winning without taking credit for KM winning.

Firetooth

I made sure that Holby had no change of winning. I do not know what cash he had other thne 200bil he stole, but he ended on 30bil. I'm guessing he didn't build any camps?

Shadow

Whatever lol. If you had done a takedown on Holby at the end I would agree with you. But making KM win by slightly more than they already did has no effect at all on Holby's finish, nor on anybody's but your clan.

You probably could have done that takedown too, Holby was not very well protected at the end there. 16k land at ratio doesn't last long under a few suicides.

Firetooth

Slightly? He was on 1.5bil, then 2.1bil. That's an increase of over a third. I couldn't understand the slightly if it were 100-200mil net, but 600mil net is hardly a small amount considering the highest anybody got too was the medioce amount of 2.5bil. It clearly did have an impact on the finish as it got rid of any chance of Holby winning.

Eh? Timezones lol, I would'mt have been able to take him down. I tried an espy earlier after he lost millions of leaders onlining me on a 175+ ratio on 5mil leaders and didn't even get that espy...he was probably on too high defences for me to break whilst I was online. Plus KM was, you know, onlining me at the same time haha. I just used all my turns producing before they hit me above a 175 ratio.

Shadow

Well here is the thing. Without your aid, KM would win by 200m net. With it, they win by 800M net. Who cares? The only thing that matters is that KM is 1 and Holby 2 in both cases.

Now if you had aided Holby, it would be a different story. Then you could legitimately claim to have some hand in who won. But as it is, the only thing that the aid changed about the final ranking was that GlaDOS finished lower then they would have otherwise.

That's my point. And now I am bored of repeating it.