A celebrity on RWL!

Started by wolf bite, March 08, 2011, 03:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf bite

A celebrity on RWL!

I am impressed with Holby’s achievement, and how modest he is about it. Few people here would know because not in Australia. When I first met Holby he was doing school plays, then started working a few hours a week for free at a local radio station.

He is now a reporter for a nationwide Australian kid’s news program. The Aussie government has a PBS type show for kids to have positive informational news. He researches the story, writes the story, then the anchor says “Here is Matt (Holby) with the story” (but with a funny accent). The video plays with Holby announcing the story. Sometimes he is filmed in the story, like pointing at something.

http://www.abc.net.au/abc3/news/

This may not be the best time to announce this since he is on a special project and not on this week. However you can check the archives and check in next week, and every week. Go Holby fan club!

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

The Lady Shael

That's AWESOME. Go Holby!!  :D
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

Holby just got more awesomer!
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Lady Shael

Australians have cool accents.  :P
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Sharptooh

Wooohhh! Go holby :D

Quote from: The Lady Shael on March 08, 2011, 04:48:08 PM
Australians have cool accents.  :P

Russians have cooler accents  :P

Ashyra Nightwing

That's totally cool. Go Holby!

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ungatt Trunn II

DIE HIPPIE DIE

Yellow Eyes

Right on Holby! I'll be down there end of April, maybe I'll watch some TV!

Holby

hehe. Thanks all! It's a really fun job.

I work in a team of reporters who produce 3 programs, so we get rotated around a bit. The link Wolf Bite posted is to a program called News on 3. I'm working on a different program for the next few weeks.

Actually, it's something some of you might be able to help me with. I have to present a tech related segment in a few weeks time. So I'm looking for interesting tech news. Obviously cnet is a really great resource, but where do those of you who are tech inclined go to get daily or weekly news?

I will not deleted this

wolf bite

Grand Master Wolf Bite

The Lady Shael

Wired.com is a good tech site. The other one I usually check out is Gizmodo: http://www.gizmodo.com/

wolf bite

Don't worry Yellow Eyes, Holby will have his "driver" pick you up at the airport.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite

Kyrolin Zenyar

Highest Rank: 1 (turbo)
Lowest Rank: Last?
Quote from: Krowdon on May 29, 2011, 08:52:15 PM
Who goes to war over spam? ohrite, we do. RSL!

windhound

Hey, nice Holbs!

http://slashdot.org is my daily source for tech news and commentary
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't