Gordon Brown to step down?

Started by Firetooth, May 10, 2010, 03:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

(See what I did there in the title?
Story below:
BBC News - Gordon Brown 'stepping down as Labour leader'

QuoteGordon Brown is to step down as Labour leader by September - as his party opens formal talks with the Lib Dems about forming a government.

His announcement came as he and the Conservatives woo the Lib Dems in a battle to run the country.

Mr Brown's presence was seen as harming Labour's chances of Lib Dem backing.

The Tories reacted by making a "final offer" to the Lib Dems of a referendum on changing the voting method to the Alternative Vote system.

Conservative sources have told the BBC that on Monday morning the Conservative and Liberal Democrat teams were discussing a stripped-down deal in which the Lib Dems would not topple the Tories in a confidence vote.

Only one thing to say:
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

On a more serious note, this is hardly suprising, he really screwed up in the end. Any of the few british forum members have any idea as to who the replacement might be?

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Truth

My money is on David Miliband.  Unlike many of the other contenders, he isn't closely tied with Brown (plus he has a decent political background).  I've heard talk of Harriet Harman as a likely candidate for the position, but I think Miliband has a better chance.
Eine alte Störung ist immer populärer als eine neue Wahrheit.

Vargarth

Collapsing and Expanding Dem Categories with no help from Kilk!

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Pippin

1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres