Terrorism. True or BS?

Started by Sevz, April 27, 2010, 01:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sevz

Please discuss what you think about Terrorism.

Do you think there are actual Terrorists like explained by the media? Who are they? and would they be terrorists if they had no resources?
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Shadow

I think terrorists are real, certainly, but I think that it is through the actions of the west that they continue to exist.

EDIT: above I am referring to Muslim extremist terrorists, rather than the homegrown variety.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

What are we defining terrorist as? Are we specifically looking at Muslim extremists? Because not every terrorist is a Muslim, not every terrorist is wrong, and not every Muslim extremist is wrong either.

I think both exist, Muslim extremists tend to be the focus of the media.

There are legitimate reasons for some of their actions.

If they had no resources it wouldn't matter, you can't blow up buildings by yourself with your bare hands. But even their communication systems and organization are resources, as well as, the ideology that supports them.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Sevz

Thanks for the input.

I was talking about the act of terrorism. Doesn't matter about the nation. As in Basra, 2 Brittish soldiers dressed as Afganz and started shooting people. Basra prison detained the guys and British Arms literally went in with tanks to bust them out. After this the Brits quietly apologized for the act of terrorism.

I was more interested in knowing if you all believe why the towers fell down?

I don't believe it was because some terrorists hijacked a plane, all Norad were sleeping then this plane hit the tower, chilled there for a bit to attract attention and then the extra weight and minor structural damage made them fall.
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Juska

I believe the Twin Towers collapsed because terrorists hijacked planes and then flew them into the towers, the heat from burning jet fuel weakened the steel structural  columns in the towers, columns which were protected with a heat resistant covering, except that covering was blasted away by the impact of planes, seeing as it was designed to withstand a traditional fire. Then the weight of the upper levels came into effect and, there you go collapsed towers.

Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Sevz

The 911 Myth:
19 hijackers, directed by Osama bin laden, took over 4 commercial Jets with Box Cutters and, while evading the air defense system (norad), hit 75% of their targets.
In turn, World trade towers 1,2 and 7 collapsed due to structural failure through fire in a 'pancake' fashion, while the plane that hit the Pentagon vaporized upon impact, as did the plane that crashed into Shanksville.
The 911 commission found that there were no warnings for this act of Terrorism, while multiple government failures prevented adequate defense.

G.H.W.Bush met with Shafig bin laden at a carlyle group function in the morning on september 11, carlyle group is linked to the worlds largest defense contractors and they still reap massive benefits from this post war on anti terrorism

Wolf Snare

ZEITGEIST - MOVIE (FULL VERSION) PLEASE SHARE WITH EVERYONE

this has all of the information you need to know about the towers in the 2nd quarter of the film. (32:00 minutes in)
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Sevz

Cheers Snare, i think everyone should see this.

Juska's pancake theory is simulated and explained. It shows the core columns cut on angles, it explains how molten metal is hotter than what jetfuel burns. It's got information on controlled demolitions and statements from some of the hijackers who survived the crash.

Gorak

thing is
none of know, and should even pretend to know what really happened

can sit and share conspiracy theories and conjecture all you want.
it's still just theories and conjecture, not truth

do I think we were told the whole story, absolutely not.
Do I think 9/11 was just a massive inside job/government conspiracy, no

fact is, I don't know what went down, and I'm not about to jump to any conclusions based on circumstantial evidence
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.

Sevz

There's nothing circumstantial about it. There were traces of Thermate in the WTC melted steel. That's an explosive used by the demolition industry.

Building 7 wasn't even hit by a plane. It pancaked in on itself and did no damage to the buildings around it.

Never before or after has a steel building fallen from fire. The sub-basement explosions happened before the plane even hit.

Wolf Snare

Well, I respect your decision to stay out of this one because you don't know the details, but if you actually investigated the situation you would come to understand that it was infact an inside job.

Quote from: Sevz on April 27, 2010, 02:50:49 PM

Juska's pancake theory is simulated and explained. It shows the core columns cut on angles, it explains how molten metal is hotter than what jetfuel burns. It's got information on controlled demolitions and statements from some of the hijackers who survived the crash.

Yeah, "hijackers"... The FBI fabricated the names in the list of hijackers because they didn't exist. Ironically a few of the alleged hijackers were alive and living in the USA, and had no idea they had supposedly killed thousands of innocent Americans.. Honestly anyone that can do that to their country should not be in power.... twice?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

Quote from: Wolf Snare on April 27, 2010, 03:03:42 PM
Well, I respect your decision to stay out of this one because you don't know the details, but if you actually investigated the situation you would come to understand that it was infact an inside job.

Quote from: Sevz on April 27, 2010, 02:50:49 PM

Yeah, "hijackers"... The FBI fabricated the names in the list of hijackers because they didn't exist. Ironically a few of the alleged hijackers were alive and living in the USA, and had no idea they had supposedly killed thousands of innocent Americans.. Honestly anyone that can do that to their country should not be in power.... twice?
This point is true. One pilot who allegedly trained the bombers recently won a legal battle and compensation-nobody would hire him for the whole period. Story below:
BBC News - 9/11 arrest pilot Lotfi Raissi wins compensation battle
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

Thermite is made from metals that would have been very common in the construction of the towers (iron and aluminum being the two most commonly used). On the impact it is possible that trace amounts were formed as metal vaporized/powdered.

That's not to say that that is what happened, simply that finding burned aluminum-iron powder in the site of the trade tower collapse is not especially... shocking?

There was also more than just fire affecting the towers - the stress of the impact was present also. The physical properties of a lot of materials (steel for example) are irreversibly changed under the influence of high stress - in the case of steel, it becomes both more brittle, and more likely to become further stressed.

And further, while I suppose it is possible that there were explosions in the basement that brought it down, this would not necessarily point the finger at anyone other than the terrorists. The leap of logic from "controlled demolition" to "inside job" is a fallacy with no supporting evidence in between, and we are still not convinced about the "controlled demolition" part.

Sevz

I didn't say Thermite, i said Thermate.

The US government false flagged a terror attack on it's own citizens in order to manipulate public perceptions into supporting it's own agenda.
Since Sept 11th, US Military spending has gone up by 100billion per year.

Nearly all the Bill of Rights has been subverted.

They've waged 2 wars that have killed over 800,000 people.

The reason is money.

Shadow

QuoteThe US government false flagged a terror attack on it's own citizens in order to manipulate public perceptions into supporting it's own agenda.
Since Sept 11th, US Military spending has gone up by 100billion per year.

Nearly all the Bill of Rights has been subverted.

They've waged 2 wars that have killed over 800,000 people.

The reason is money.

This I agree with, to some extent. Yes, the government used misinformation in order to push its war agenda, and yes, the reason was money, but I am inclined to think that that was opportunism, rather than an inside job.

QuoteThe main chemical reaction in thermate is the same as in thermite: an aluminothermic reaction between powdered aluminium and a metal oxide. In addition to thermite, thermate also contains sulfur and sometimes barium nitrate, both of which increase its thermal effect, create flame  in burning, and significantly reduce the ignition temperature[citation needed]

So thermate would be even more likely to be found, considering that it consists of more or less the same elements and has a lower ignition temperature. You'll note that sulfur is also very likely a component of the tower construction:

QuoteMolten sulfur is sometimes still used for setting steel bolts into drilled concrete holes where high shock resistance is desired for floor-mounted equipment attachment points.