Interesting?

Started by Sharptooh, April 27, 2010, 12:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Alazar is Back

Firetooth if you look at the second links name it has a ".org" They are always(as far as I know) good sources. Thats what I learned in school anyways.

As for the discusssion, I am not sure what the answer is. To be honest I think it depends more on the skills of the parent.

One of my best girl friends from high school had a lesbian mom. Her and her wife got divorced, and her wife married a guy. I can imagine this must have been confusing for Jessica(my friend). She did lots of good things in her life so far. Including graduating at the top of her class, and doing great in college as well. I will admit that if you look at most single parents families you will see problems more then likely.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

Quote from: Alazar is Back on April 30, 2010, 12:32:37 PM
Firetooth if you look at the second links name it has a ".org" They are always(as far as I know) good sources. Thats what I learned in school anyways.

As for the discusssion, I am not sure what the answer is. To be honest I think it depends more on the skills of the parent.

One of my best girl friends from high school had a lesbian mom. Her and her wife got divorced, and her wife married a guy. I can imagine this must have been confusing for Jessica(my friend). She did lots of good things in her life so far. Including graduating at the top of her class, and doing great in college as well. I will admit that if you look at most single parents families you will see problems more then likely.

Every rule has exceptions ;)

I have also been trying to say it depends on the skills of the parents, which are not (imo) dictated by homosexuality. It can affect it, but it won't automatically make you an incompetent parent.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Juska

If you had gone to the site you would see that it is a complied list of statistics each of which have a source, like the U.S. Dept of Justice, U.S. Dept of Health, The Census Bureau, etc.

What's the point of posting links if your just going to look at them and never go to them?

Next time I'll have to hypertext them so you have to click.

No one is saying homosexuals make bad parents, what we are saying is that a mother/father household is the best place to raise children.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Firetooth

Quote from: Juska on April 30, 2010, 04:02:15 PM
If you had gone to the site you would see that it is a complied list of statistics each of which have a source, like the U.S. Dept of Justice, U.S. Dept of Health, The Census Bureau, etc.

What's the point of posting links if your just going to look at them and never go to them?

Next time I'll have to hypertext them so you have to click.

No one is saying homosexuals make bad parents, what we are saying is that a mother/father household is the best place to raise children.
I skimmed it. I was unimpressed. Or, as Prodigee would say.
"Son, I am dissapoint."

Gen. Volkov

QuoteNo one is saying homosexuals make bad parents, what we are saying is that a mother/father household is the best place to raise children.

Which you aren't proving. All your statistics show is that a single parent household might be detrimental to a child. No effort to connect the statistics to the single variable of a second parental figure have been made. For all we know, the socio-economic repercussions of becoming a single mother have more to do with those stats than the mere absence of a father.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juska

Current Empires:

Holby

That's what I was told at school, too. But it's not overly true. Anyone can make a .org address, in the same way as anyone can make a .com address. Lots of good informational sites have .com addresses simply because it's the most common extension. If I wanted to seem as reputable as possible, I'd make a .org address. >:D
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

QuoteIncome is not the only factor.

I'd like to see the actual data they use, but even accepting what they say as true, that still only makes the point that living in a single parent household is bad for a child. There is no "by extension living in a household with two gay parents must be just as bad". It doesn't even prove the case that a mother and a father who are a woman and a man respectively is the best possibly condition for a child to be raised in. That has to be proven independently. All your stats show is that living in a single parent household is detrimental to a child. Nothing else.

I can't get the more in depth study to load, unfortunately.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Juska

http://www.civitas.org.uk/pubs/experiments.php#children

that's the url to the other one, try again, it has a lot worth reading.

I'd to be able to see the entire book from the first link too, but I'm not going to buy it.
Current Empires:

Gen. Volkov

The link you posted was to the first site you linked too in the other post.

Juska

I know, but both links work for me, at least that way you can see the url and google the site to try and find a way to get onto it.
Current Empires:

Peace Alliance

hah, I'm gonna start signing up .org websites now.

Alazar is Back

I am serious. None of my teachers would ever accept Wikipedia as a source. They always said if it has a ".org" then it is more then likely a reliable source. Obviously not always..
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Genevieve