Interesting?

Started by Sharptooh, April 27, 2010, 12:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juska

Someone with two men as parents will not experienced the caring that a mother should provide.

Someone with two women as parents will not experience the teaching and guidance a father should provide.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Firetooth

Quote from: Juska on April 28, 2010, 02:19:28 PM
Someone with two men as parents will not experienced the caring that a mother should provide.

Someone with two women as parents will not experience the teaching and guidance a father should provide.
In certain situations. Not all women are good at being caring parents. Not all men are good at being teachers and guiders, as you call them. What is your point? Being straight doesn't make you a good parent.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

Juska, I believe studies have shown that having homosexual parents has no measurable impact on the well-being of the child.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Juska

I don't think there have been enough cases of homosexuals raising children to really understand.

If homosexuality became touted as the norm, which is what this conversation hinges on, then I think we would see a societal decline because children raised without role models from each gender (and parents are in the best position to be role models) do not develop as well.

My point being that the family unit requires a mother and a father and ideally has a mother and a father and that strong family units go a long way to better society.

Ideally every child would be raised by a caring mother and a guiding father, I'm shooting for an ideal.

I know that not every heterosexual couple will make good parents, just as not every homosexual couple won't make good parents. There are a lot of studies showing the adverse effects of children living in single parent homes and I think that if homosexuality and child adopting become more prevalent we would see the same sort of thing happen in those homes.

Homosexuals who adopt children are respectable people, they went through an adoption program, not just anyone can adopt a child. I don't think that being raised by a homosexual does anything to you that wouldn't happen to you if you were raised by a heterosexual, what I'm saying is that children need role models from each sex in order to develop to their fullest and you don't get that easily in a homosexual household.

To put things in perspective I am more opposed to single parenting than to homosexual parenting, but I'd prefer harmonious heterosexual parenting.
Current Empires:

Gen. Volkov

QuoteI don't think there have been enough cases of homosexuals raising children to really understand.

There have been plenty of cases.

QuoteIf homosexuality became touted as the norm, which is what this conversation hinges on, then I think we would see a societal decline because children raised without role models from each gender (and parents are in the best position to be role models) do not develop as well.

There is absolutely no proof of that.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Truth

There is no conclusive evidence which states that same-sex attraction is caused by chemicals in the brain.  There is also no conclusive evidence that it is encoded in DNA. The APA has stated that "no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientations is determined by any factor or set of factors. ...Nature and nurture play complex roles."  Two Columbia University researches support this with saying "the assertion that homosexuality is genetic... must be dismissed out of hand as a general principle of psychology" [note: there is also no evidence to support that it is solely a choice either, thus both options should be presented evenly.  Just because someone claims it's not a choice doesn't mean it isn't]

The New York Times ran an article stating that there was a "powerful consensus" in the social science research that said "children do best when they live with their own mom and dad."  This study was done with relation to a child's health, emotional stability, education, and the avoidance of crime, drugs, and abuse.  Having heterosexual family is societies long -term interests.

Civilization began when the culture required men to care about their women and their children.  This pattern has not only been threatened by same-gender marriage but by other factors as well that date back farther than the homo-hetero question.  Specifically, America has shifted from a culture of marriage to becoming a culture of divorce.  Single-parents, with rare and admirable exceptions, generally not good for children.  Those children create damaged societies which then lead to dysfunctional societies.

Gay sexual rights do "not contribute to the general public welfare" as stated by Justice Harry blackmun in a 1986 ruling. 

So I now see this as a question of adult rights versus the rights of society and children.

In France, they rejected gay marriage in 2006 because same-sex marriages run counter to the best interests of children and the future society. They concluded that marriage should serve a child's right to optimal personal development rather than primarily serving adult interests that trump children's interests.

And finally, on the note of equal marriage rights for homosexual and heterosexual couples,  homosexual couples should not be given the same tax rights as heterosexual couples.  Heterosexual couples produce offspring far more frequently than homosexual couples.  The only reason for the tax credits and benefits is to encourage family units, which, historically, lead to stable societies.  The tax credits and benefits do NOT exist just for two people to have sex.
Eine alte Störung ist immer populärer als eine neue Wahrheit.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteThere is no conclusive evidence which states that same-sex attraction is caused by chemicals in the brain.

I has been shown conclusively that a gay man's brain is much more similar to a straight woman's brain than a straight man's brain. If homosexuality is at all biologically based, and it appears highly likely that it is, then there are almost certainly chemical differences in the brain that are causing it. Human sexuality and sexual arousal is, in large part, directed by the brain.

Truth

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on April 29, 2010, 02:44:15 AM
QuoteThere is no conclusive evidence which states that same-sex attraction is caused by chemicals in the brain.

I has been shown conclusively that a gay man's brain is much more similar to a straight woman's brain than a straight man's brain. If homosexuality is at all biologically based, and it appears highly likely that it is, then there are almost certainly chemical differences in the brain that are causing it. Human sexuality and sexual arousal is, in large part, directed by the brain.

Cite please.
Eine alte Störung ist immer populärer als eine neue Wahrheit.

Juska

Thanks Truth,

Basically exactly what I mean with sources.

Except I don't agree with manipulating society with taxes through the government, but neither here nor there.
Current Empires:

Sevz

Quote: I don't think that being raised by a homosexual does anything to you that wouldn't happen to you if you were raised by a heterosexual

I think that the child should have a choice here. I don't think gay couples should commonly adopt children. It's teaching and encouraging susceptible children to foul behavior. Learning that your dad and dad want smelly bedroom time when your six years old wouldn't be a normal thing during school. I'd rather die.

This is your only warning, Sevz. You know that's incredibly offensive. Any similar posts will see you gagged.
Holby, modding
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Firetooth

Quote from: Sevz on April 29, 2010, 11:27:33 AM
Quote: I don't think that being raised by a homosexual does anything to you that wouldn't happen to you if you were raised by a heterosexual

I think that the child should have a choice here. I don't think gay couples should commonly adopt children. It's teaching and encouraging susceptible children to foul behavior. Learning that your dad and dad want smelly bedroom time when your six years old wouldn't be a normal thing during school. I'd rather die.
Sorry Sevah, but that post is extremely homophobic, and you've only just got ungagged. Gay people play this game and view the forums.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteCite please.

Very well. Does Discover magazine fit the bill?

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80beats/2008/06/16/172/

I'd like to see some links from you guys... also, I've already posted links and discussed a lot of this topic in another thread. You might find it illuminating reading.

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=9558.0

prodiGee

It was a doorway trying to seal itself shut.. But I climbed through.

Sevz

to put it simple.

The kid has no choice. Initially if the people are having babies for give away they should be thinking about the meaning of life and learn some morals.

My ideal is in the best interest of the child.

2 people can be gay and change the world for all i care. They cannot create life and should not be given the rights to raise a human being during it's vital age. This isn't a game of pass the parcel. We should not accept unfit parenting and we should prevent it. Not send the offspring to rich gay couples cos they've got a good resume and being gay is finally legal.

Adoption should be very rare. In situations where it's inevitable, i vote it's straight couples who are ready for children
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Juska

Current Empires: