Interesting?

Started by Sharptooh, April 27, 2010, 12:46:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharptooh

Firetooth

Pretty ignorant, seeing as homosexuality has been displayed in nature, sometimes even in favour of sex with female members of their species. Seems as normal to be as walking or eating. "Normal" doesn't equate to wrong or right, anyway. So he clearly didn't word that well.
I think it's fair he was removed if his views didn't agree with that of his party.

B&B issue...more complex, at least to me. I don't think the woman was really right to turn the couple away, but iirc it was her own property, so I guess it is her right.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Shadow

The sooner that people realize that homosexuality is no more a lifestyle choice than is heterosexuality, the better off the world will be.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Juska

Homosexual behavior is not normal.

Definition of normal:

a form or state regarded as the norm - noun
according with, constituting, or not deviating from a norm, rule, or principle b : conforming to a type, standard, or regular patter - adjective

In order for homosexuality to be normal it would have to be the natural inclination, there would naturally be more homosexuals than heterosexuals, if homosexuality was normal then heterosexuality would be abnormal. The standard set by nature is to be heterosexual and so homosexuality is abnormal.

"Abnormal or unnatural behavior" is not necessarily wrong either.

I'm not saying that homosexuality (as in being attracted to the same sex) is a choice, because honestly I think that for some people it is a choice and for others it is a natural occurrence, but having sexual relations whether you are homosexual or heterosexual is a choice and so you do choose to engage in homosexual behavior the same as you choose to engage in any sexual behavior at all.

If someone wants to be homosexual I don't care honestly.

Why does it matter if this politician thinks homosexuality is not normal? He is entitled to his opinions.

Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Sevz

If homos are normal, why do people call them queers? I don't know many homos and the few i've met were rather strange.

Females are different, they usually do it for attention.

-EDIT- Sevz, that's quite a shallow and ignorant comment. Please post more thoughtfully.

Holby, modding.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Wolf Snare

Believe it or not, the majority of gays/lesbians claim that they were meant to be born as the opposite sex. It turns out that their brains chemistry are so similar to the opposite sex that it's almost like they just got put into the wrong body. I've not got much to say on the actual discussion, other than that what was said was rather innapropriate coming from someone who's supposed to know better. Didn't exactly help his public appearance.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Firetooth

Quote from: Wolf Snare on April 27, 2010, 02:56:06 PM
Believe it or not, the majority of gays/lesbians claim that they were meant to be born as the opposite sex. It turns out that their brains chemistry are so similar to the opposite sex that it's almost like they just got put into the wrong body. I've not got much to say on the actual discussion, other than that what was said was rather innapropriate coming from someone who's supposed to know better. Didn't exactly help his public appearance.
I know it's to do with brain chemistry, but I don't know details. What it does mean is at the least they deserve understanding, not being called "queers" and "crimes against nature."
Quote from: Juska on April 27, 2010, 02:02:39 PM

Why does it matter if this politician thinks homosexuality is not normal? He is entitled to his opinions.

Because his opinions differ from that of his party, and that will adversely effect them. Also, his "opinions" range from teaching that homosexual is not natural in schools, and that's called forcing your opinions on other people. Indoctrination if you like.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Pippin

Earlier this month the party was forced on to the back foot on the issue after shadow home secretary Chris Grayling suggested people who ran B&Bs should "have the right" to turn away gay couples.

It's there B & B, they could turn the MP's away if they wanted to, but in the end they should let in who they want in the B & B.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Genevieve

When I've booked accommodation online, and the place describes itself as "Gay friendly", I kind of get turned off because in the back of my mind I think it's gonna be some kind of exclusive gay swingers club with strap-ons for hire - otherwise why would it need to advertise its gay friendliness? I guess I never really thought that places would be gay unfriendly.

About the politician, I think most countries and parties have people that say stupid things.
For example, right now on TV I'm watching an interview with a former Australian politician, Pauline Hanson. She's selling her house here and moving to England (lucky you), and she just said she won't sell her house to a Muslim or an Asian.

Sevz

Quote from: Genevieve on April 27, 2010, 06:33:07 PM
When I've booked accommodation online, and the place describes itself as "Gay friendly", I kind of get turned off because in the back of my mind I think it's gonna be some kind of exclusive gay swingers club with strap-ons for hire

right now on TV I'm watching an interview with a former Australian politician, Pauline Hanson. She's selling her house here and moving to England (lucky you), and she just said she won't sell her house to a Muslim or an Asian.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA That's the funniest post i've ever read. Go Genevieve.
Pauline Hanson is a racist piece of crap. I hope someone murders her shopping trolly and steals her groceries again.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Death

Gays are like the new blacks, man.

Death, I know you're big on the sarcastic rhetoric, but it does get a little tiresome. This is a serious discussion, please make a serious point. Or a serious point with a funny bit (they're my favourite).
Holby, modding

Juska

All sorts of things are taught in schools that indoctrinate children, teaching that homosexuality is normal is just as much indoctrination as teaching that it is abnormal.

Personally, I think that society benefits greatly from the family unit and that we should teach things that reinforce the important of the family unit and strengthen family in general. Homosexuals cannot further the family unit.
Current Empires:

Firetooth

Quote from: Juska on April 28, 2010, 07:42:33 AM
All sorts of things are taught in schools that indoctrinate children, teaching that homosexuality is normal is just as much indoctrination as teaching that it is abnormal.

Personally, I think that society benefits greatly from the family unit and that we should teach things that reinforce the important of the family unit and strengthen family in general. Homosexuals cannot further the family unit.
Yeah, homosexuals can't having loving relationships with their partners/children. ::)
Hateful opinions overule non-hateful opinions in my books. Lets encourage Children to go beat up Gay children because they're freaks and aren't normal.  As it is, Gay's are mocked pretty thoroughly, but most people don't actually dislike them, they just go with the flow. If we start teaching that Gay's are abnormal (when it's actually their brain chemistry and not their fault), they'll get even worse treatment. But you know what you're talking about.

Quote from: Pippin on April 27, 2010, 04:04:58 PM
Earlier this month the party was forced on to the back foot on the issue after shadow home secretary Chris Grayling suggested people who ran B&Bs should "have the right" to turn away gay couples.

It's there B & B, they could turn the MP's away if they wanted to, but in the end they should let in who they want in the B & B.
That was after a woman turned somebody away. What I was refering to ;)

Juska

I'm not saying that we should teach children to abuse or ridicule homosexuals, I'm not saying that at all. I just don't think that homosexual behavior should be encouraged. Your advocating that we teach homosexuality as the norm, it cannot be taught as the norm. It should be taught scientifically in school along with everything else scientific, it is abnormal, but it should be taught as acceptable behavior in broader society.

Homosexuals couples cannot have children.
Children adopted by homosexual parents do not experience either the caring of a mother or the teaching of a father.
Growing up with a member of each sex as a role model is very important.
Single parent homes are dangerous places to raise children in, raising a child in a homosexual home is probably less dangerous, but still unnatural.
I am not saying that it should be forbidden anymore than letting single parents have children should be forbidden, only that it is not ideal and should not be encouraged by institutions.

Current Empires:

Firetooth

Quote from: Juska on April 28, 2010, 11:12:00 AM
I'm not saying that we should teach children to abuse or ridicule homosexuals, I'm not saying that at all. I just don't think that homosexual behavior should be encouraged. Your advocating that we teach homosexuality as the norm, it cannot be taught as the norm. It should be taught scientifically in school along with everything else scientific, it is abnormal, but it should be taught as acceptable behavior in broader society.

Homosexuals couples cannot have children.
Children adopted by homosexual parents do not experience either the caring of a mother or the teaching of a father.
Growing up with a member of each sex as a role model is very important.
Single parent homes are dangerous places to raise children in, raising a child in a homosexual home is probably less dangerous, but still unnatural.
I am not saying that it should be forbidden anymore than letting single parents have children should be forbidden, only that it is not ideal and should not be encouraged by institutions.

You pretty clearly stated homosexuals aren't caring enough or have the "teaching" of a father, back that up please?
I'm opposed to homosexuality being taught as abnormal for the reasons I listed. Telling somebody not to abuse or ridicule somebody will not make that so.