The Fox "News" Discussion

Started by Peace Alliance, April 22, 2010, 10:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

QuoteThat is opinion, you cannot show me facts that back that up. Therefore irrelevant.

We have, documented instances of Fox either reporting news completely wrong, or lying about someone who they do not like. If you want to bring other news networks into it, then find documented instances of them doing it as well and we can discuss those too.

QuoteYou're blatantly an idiot obviously.

Keep it civil, crap like that isn't going to be tolerated.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Firetooth

Quote from: Alazar is Back on April 26, 2010, 02:50:30 PM
Quote from: Shadow on April 26, 2010, 08:06:13 AM
QuoteDid I say it did?

No you didn't, my point is that what you said is irrelevent, I was not implying that you said that. Sure, not all news stations are perfect, this thread is about how Fox is one of the worst.

That is opinion, you cannot show me facts that back that up. Therefore irrelevant.

Quote from: Peace Alliance on April 26, 2010, 10:18:45 AM
It is by far the worst. No other news station is so blatantly negligent.
You're blatantly an idiot obviously.
? You're calling Peace an idiot (when he's right), when using incorrect sentance structure??!!! You're a joke!
Correction: You're transparently a joke obviously.

Anyway, you can't talk, seeing as you believe Obama is both Kenyan AND Muslim.  ::)
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shadow on April 26, 2010, 03:09:10 PM
QuoteThat is opinion, you cannot show me facts that back that up. Therefore irrelevant.

We have, documented instances of Fox either reporting news completely wrong, or lying about someone who they do not like. If you want to bring other news networks into it, then find documented instances of them doing it as well and we can discuss those too.

There are documented instances for other networks. So whats the point? No meaning in it really, cause they are all the same. Although I know you guys will defend them because you agree with what they say. I am not defending Fox News, I am simply saying that it is an apple among apples, so whats the freakin point?

About what I said to Peace, it is freakin stupid. Its people like this that make our world as stupid as it is. You can give him all the facts in the world and he will still say the same thing. Pure ignorance.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

Quote from: Alazar is Back on April 26, 2010, 04:11:59 PM
Quote from: Shadow on April 26, 2010, 03:09:10 PM

There are documented instances for other networks. So whats the point? No meaning in it really, cause they are all the same. Although I know you guys will defend them because you agree with what they say. I am not defending Fox News, I am simply saying that it is an apple among apples, so whats the freakin point?

About what I said to Peace, it is freakin stupid. Its people like this that make our world as stupid as it is. You can give him all the facts in the world and he will still say the same thing. Pure ignorance.
Alazar, you're ignoring the facts I provided about fox's coverage of the mass effect AND face photo shopping incidents, brushing them aside. I don't know how on Earth you can judge peace off two lines, but whatever.

Let's repeat that quote again

http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=11909.msg228706#msg228706<Familar much?
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Alazar is Back

Honestly just stfu. I SAID THAT FOX HAS FAULTS, AND YES THEY AIR STUFF THAT ISN'T RIGHT. Name once where I denied any of that. NOWHERE. How old are you? For real omfg...I didn't ignore or brush aside anything. I read it and I understand it. Other News stations air crap that isn't true too. So whats the point?

Shadow

The point is that Fox is crap. Maybe all news networks are crap. But Fox is crap, regardless of whether or not all news networks are.

If there are documented instances of other news networls doing similar things, find them and post them and we can discuss thouse as well, but don't just say they exist. Find them.

QuoteIts people like this that make our world as stupid as it is. You can give him all the facts in the world and he will still say the same thing. Pure ignorance.

Lol, that's funny, I was about to say something similar about you. We have actually given you facts, and you still hold to your opinion. You have told us that "facts exist" without providing any.

Alazar, you are getting dangerously close to a gag, this is your formal warning. Tone it down and be civil.
[EDIT] Guess Holby is less tolerant than I. The warning stands when you return, make a note of it.
Shadow
Mod Duties

Firetooth

Quote from: Alazar is Back on April 26, 2010, 04:29:01 PM
Honestly just stfu. I SAID THAT FOX HAS FAULTS, AND YES THEY AIR STUFF THAT ISN'T RIGHT. Name once where I denied any of that. NOWHERE. How old are you? For real omfg...I didn't ignore or brush aside anything. I read it and I understand it. Other News stations air crap that isn't true too. So whats the point?
Haha nice rage. Flaming and swearing.
Fox has shown more severity. Letting opinions leak through and purposefully lying are different. Showing distate for opposers of your news station and editing their photo's as a personal attack on them is different.
My age has no affect on what I'm saying (even though you use the "they pushed me first" arguement), what I'm saying should. Guess that's hard to understand though.
You typed a few sentences not either defending or condoning fox's actions-that would count as ignoring/brushing aside to me, at least to some extent.
You provide no arguement/evidence as to what other stations do wrong, but we have for fox. Poor. Negates the value of what you say.
You clearly don't understand, and have no intention to, despite you claiming you do . I'm out of here to read Prey (now that's a quality book), not put up with your awkard garble of text.

THE POINT has been here staring you in the face the whole thread. Go figure it out instead of raging. Later :)

Holby

Quote from: Alazar is Back on April 26, 2010, 04:29:01 PM
That is entirely inappropriate and you know it. It follows earlier comments labelling people ignorant and idiots. You're getting gagged. Cya.

Holby, modding.
I will not deleted this

Sevz

ABC NBC CNN and Fox will all give you the same unfiltered news via the internet.

Turn of the television.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteOther News stations air crap that isn't true too. So whats the point?

First off, that doesn't make it any better. No news station should be lying. Secondly, Fox News does it far more often than those other stations.

Personally, I read the BBC. They are one of the best and most unbiased sources out there.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Firetooth

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on April 26, 2010, 09:41:39 PM

Personally, I read the BBC. They are one of the best and most unbiased sources out there.
Seconded.

Shadow

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on April 26, 2010, 09:41:39 PM

First off, that doesn't make it any better. No news station should be lying. Secondly, Fox News does it far more often than those other stations.

There, we have a political conservative who dislikes Fox too. Can we move away from the "you just don't like it because you are politically opposed to them" nonsense?

The BBC is quite good for not putting a spin on things, I used to read them quite a bit.

Alazar is Back

Since you left this part of my gag open I have to ask, how long is my gag?

Shadow

A further 5 hours, as you can see by reading the gagging topic. Not sure why you are able to post here at all right now, but please don't do it again until this evening or the gag will be extended.

Gorak

Quote from: Shadow on April 27, 2010, 07:27:54 AM

There, we have a political conservative who dislikes Fox too. Can we move away from the "you just don't like it because you are politically opposed to them" nonsense?

I've also previously stated that I am  right wing conservative
so Volkov is not alone
Victory without honour, is more shameful then defeat.