Interesting Aye?

Started by Alazar is Back, April 20, 2010, 04:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genevieve

Quote from: Juska on April 26, 2010, 07:29:18 AM
Barack Obama may say he is a Christian, but he is not.

??? I thought it was usually the President that told the citizens what they believe in...

Firetooth

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on April 24, 2010, 09:41:05 PM
QuoteI am not saying that 9/11 was an inside job, but you cannot dispute the possiblity that it COULD have been, not likely, but still a possibility.

I can. There is no way in [haties] the US government could pull off something that big and have no leaks about it. We couldn't keep the Manhattan Project a secret, and pulling off something like 9/11 would involve about the same number of people as the Manhattan project.
Agreed, Bush is barely competent enough to tie his shoelace, let alone pull something that complex off.
@Juska: So are a lot of "christians."
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Juska

I perfectly agree with you Firetooth.

I guess he is a Christian in the cultural sense of the word in our country (ie. He's been to church, knows traditional Judeo-Christian morals and virtues and thinks that there is probably a "(G,g)od" out there somewhere but "(H,h)e" loves everyone and is tolerant of every faith), but he is not a Christian in the true biblical meaning of the word.

People who aren't biblical Christians should not refer to themselves as Christians. Unfortunately, I've heard Obama referenced as a Christian in very Christian circles and so I'd like to make the distinction here.

@ Genevieve:

I could call myself a women if I wanted to, but that doesn't make it true.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Shadow

Well, whether or not he is a "real" christian, we can say with absolute certainty that he is not Muslim.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Sevz

I'm not American so my opinion should be noted as an outsiders.

If Barrack Obama isn't American why is he the President? Your calling Alazar a racist because he's distinguished nationality? I reckon America should be represented by the most American person eligible for the job. So should all countries. Good Job Obama.

The real problem is the world living under a monetary system. What happens when we all realize that WE ARE ONE? It's gonna mess up the economy. An economy that's FAKE.
Governments only perpetuate that what keeps them in power. People aren't there to change things. They're there to make things stay the same.
Choose your next candidate from a small group of extremely wealthy people who've all got the same views. It's an illusion. They've got no relevance. Politicians don't know how to solve problems. They aren't trained to. It's the technicians

What is it that improves our lives?
Is it money?  Obviously not. One can't eat money or stuff it in your car to get it to run.
Is it politicians? Nope. They do nothing more than create laws, establish budgets and wage wars.
Is it religion? No. Religion creates nothing but intangible solace for those who need it.
It's Technology that makes our lives better. We have the resources to change the world but in a profit based society, sustainability efficiency and abundance are our enemies.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shadow on April 26, 2010, 01:21:49 PM
Well, whether or not he is a "real" christian, we can say with absolute certainty that he is not Muslim.

How is that?
Quote from: Firetooth on April 26, 2010, 10:18:40 AM
QuoteI am not saying that 9/11 was an inside job, but you cannot dispute the possiblity that it COULD have been, not likely, but still a possibility.

I can. There is no way in [haties] the US government could pull off something that big and have no leaks about it. We couldn't keep the Manhattan Project a secret, and pulling off something like 9/11 would involve about the same number of people as the Manhattan project.
Agreed, Bush is barely competent enough to tie his shoelace, let alone pull something that complex off.
Again, I agree that the odds are next to none, but many shocking things have happened in my life time...
Bush wouldn't necessarily be involved....say what you want about Bush, but after 9/11 he made sure Americans would be safe, Obama is lowering our defenses...
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Shadow

QuoteHow is that?

... Because never in his life has he been involved with the Muslim religion? Because of that link I posted which you didn't read? Because of volkov's account of his life? Because a middle name does not imply a religion? Take your pick, there has been plenty of evidence offered already.

Quotesay what you want about Bush, but after 9/11 he made sure Americans would be safe, Obama is lowering our defenses...

No, after 9/11 he went and created an entire new generation of terrorists by invading various parts of the middle east. You cannot win a war on terror through aggression short of genocide, because in killing one your create more.

Read this:
http://www.allfreeessays.com/essays/Grit-Strategy/14020.html

Firetooth

Quote from: Alazar is Back on April 26, 2010, 02:48:42 PM
Quote from: Shadow on April 26, 2010, 01:21:49 PM

How is that?
Quote from: Firetooth on April 26, 2010, 10:18:40 AM

Again, I agree that the odds are next to none, but many shocking things have happened in my life time...
Bush wouldn't necessarily be involved....say what you want about Bush, but after 9/11 he made sure Americans would be safe, Obama is lowering our defenses...
Alazar-like Shadow said. He maid things worse.
Obama is disarming. Lets face it, Nuke's are a disaster. Luckily, nobody is stupid enough to launch one, but disarming is no bad thing. If even one was launched, all kinds of hell could break loose.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Juska

Quote from: Sevz on April 26, 2010, 02:41:11 PM
It's Technology that makes our lives better. We have the resources to change the world but in a profit based society, sustainability efficiency and abundance are our enemies.

That's debatable...are people today really any happier with all their technology than people were 3,000 years ago? Happiness is not dependent upon technology. Technology allows a greater number of people to survive at a greater level of comfort, but it doesn't guarantee people better lives.

What was that essay about Shadow? My college's network blocked it because of "plagiarism" so I couldn't read it.
Current Empires:

RtR: Juskabally #19

Firetooth

Quote from: Juska on April 26, 2010, 11:56:11 AM
I perfectly agree with you Firetooth.

I guess he is a Christian in the cultural sense of the word in our country (ie. He's been to church, knows traditional Judeo-Christian morals and virtues and thinks that there is probably a "(G,g)od" out there somewhere but "(H,h)e" loves everyone and is tolerant of every faith), but he is not a Christian in the true biblical meaning of the word.

I agree for once haha. Too many people go to church, get married there then assume they're a christian. That's like getting circumsised and claiming you're part of a religion.
Quote from: Juska on April 26, 2010, 03:40:19 PM
Quote from: Sevz on April 26, 2010, 02:41:11 PM

That's debatable...are people today really any happier with all their technology than people were 3,000 years ago? Happiness is not dependent upon technology. Technology allows a greater number of people to survive at a greater level of comfort, but it doesn't guarantee people better lives.

What was that essay about Shadow? My college's network blocked it because of "plagiarism" so I couldn't read it.
Once again, I agree. Miachel Crichton's Ian Malcolm summed it up perfectly in the Lost world-people spend just as much time washing and cleaning now as they did before hoovers and such, even though these appliances are meant to speed  the process up, we compensate for it in other ways. Technology rarely changes things drastically-it gives off the illusion it does. Some things, eg. internet have had huge effects, but technology generally only offers improved comfort at best.

Another example-a lot of the electronic games/films etc. I like I mainly like for the story and character development, not effects, graphics, gameplay or whatever (Though thinks like that are entertaining, especially replay value in Games). Technology does not improve the story for me, thus it doesn't majorly affect my entertainment, infact, sometimes emphasis on graphics and such ruins that aspect for me.

Just a few examples where technology doesn't really have as much impact as people believe.
Our increased awareness, intelligence  and such is what improves quality of life. This provides us with technology, is why we don't hang black people anymore, why different beliefs from a country's main religion are allowed and often encouraged, and why we have better education and in isolated cases, security.
Just remember, quality of life doesn't equal happiness. That is simply not true.

Alazar is Back

Obama said himself that he was muslim at one time in his life...How the hell do you know if he really changed? You don't.

Yeah you're right Shadow. The best thing to do after someone attacks your country killing many of your citizens, is to sit around picking your butt and waiting for them to do it again. Give me a break. Letting terrorists have free reign and not fighting back is stupidity.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Firetooth

Quote from: Alazar is Back on April 26, 2010, 04:07:53 PM
Obama said himself that he was muslim at one time in his life...How the [haties] do you know if he really changed? You don't.

Yeah you're right Shadow. The best thing to do after someone attacks your country killing many of your citizens, is to sit around picking your [Behind] and waiting for them to do it again. Give me a break. Letting terrorists have free reign and not fighting back is stupidity.
Omg, a president that may have a small chance of being Muslim, whatever will we do?!

Yeah, because killing all the innocent civillians in those areas to get the few individuals is a good idea. And don't use that pathetic "they did it first" arguement. Like Shadow said, killing equals more killing. Attacking the middle east made things much, much worse.
You assume everyone in the middle east is a terrorist, probably sub-consciously. This is not the case. They're people, just like me and you. They're also hurting after what the U.S did to them. How many people were involved in the 9/11 attacks? A dozen? Al Quaeda has more members, sure, but that's beside the point.
Of course, Bush could of thought out something, but instead he gave the nation what they wanted-revenege. Unfortunately, two wrongs do not make a right. They only escalate the situation.

Shadow

QuoteWhat was that essay about Shadow? My college's network blocked it because of "plagiarism" so I couldn't read it.
It was about the GRIT strategy, a proven method of reversing arms race situations and lowering international tensions.

QuoteThe best thing to do after someone attacks your country killing many of your citizens, is to sit around picking your [Behind] and waiting for them to do it again.

No the best thing to do is find out why they felt they had to attack and fix the root cause of the problem.

Sevz

End of the day you have 2 political parties ran by the SAME corporate lobbyists. You vote someone based on artificially projected popularity and he becomes your scapegoat for an inherently corrupted system.

As long as money exists. There will always be debt.
US has 10trillion dollars and owes 11trillion back to the bank they borrowed it from. If immediately they pay back the 10tril and still owe 1tril. Where does this money come from? a new loan.
So it's clear the country has possession of less money than they owe due to interest. We also know it's impossible to pay interest with money thats not yet created.
This forces a new loan.
That new loan is only paper. It has no value until it circulates with all the other money in existence and steals it's value. In turn debasing the economy.

911 wasn't done by this Omar Saeed Sheikh and Osama Bin Laden. It was done by the rich elite bankers to satisfy another agenda. Terrorism is a word Hitler used to create an enemy image. They don't want to end this war, they'd rather maintain it. There's too much profit in the heroin and oil.

Physical slavery entails housing and feeding your slaves. Economical slavery requires they house and feed themselves.
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Sevz

Technology is as simple as a pencil that allows us to express thoughts on paper or glasses to help you see. An idea exists before it's created and labelled. Technology waits to be discovered since back in the day when they invented the walking stick and a portable liquid container.

Technology is designed to help us as humans. Not money, or religions or politics.