The Doctor

Started by Briar, November 06, 2008, 09:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firetooth

Seriously, did they have to make the new doctor look like such a loser?
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Briar

Why yes, they did.

And, I mean, "Geronimo"? Really?
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Ashyra Nightwing

Eh, I'm sure we'll all grow to love ol' pelvis face in time. But as for now:

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVIDDDDDD  :'(

Briar

I know!!  :'(

I started watching the show heavily with Christopher Eccleston, but I definitely consider Tennant "my Doctor."

He'll be a hard act to follow.
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Firetooth

Quote from: Briar on January 18, 2010, 08:41:28 PM
I know!!  :'(

I started watching the show heavily with Christopher Eccleston, but I definitely consider Tennant "my Doctor."

He'll be a hard act to follow.
Christopher Eccleston was in heroes. Maybe that's why I liked him so much as the doctor, because he did a darn good job in both shows-far more serious in heroes, but he seems able to express his emotions more realistically-I like Tennant, but one moment he's happy, the next he's depressed. It kind of ruins the atmosphere sometimes. Eccleston managed to joke without spoiling the atmosphere.(Or at least in my opinion)
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Pippin

1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Briar

Yes, I'll agree that Tennant could be a bit spastic.  Eccleston was a darker, more serious Doctor.

But I wouldn't turn toward Smith to be another Eccleston...I mean, the transformation scene where he is like "Finger, ohh yes, fingers!" made me roll my eyes and wonder what drugs he was on.

Pippin

1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres

Firetooth

Quote from: Briar on January 19, 2010, 02:31:23 PM
Yes, I'll agree that Tennant could be a bit spastic.  Eccleston was a darker, more serious Doctor.

But I wouldn't turn toward Smith to be another Eccleston...I mean, the transformation scene where he is like "Finger, ohh yes, fingers!" made me roll my eyes and wonder what drugs he was on.
Definetly. Smith is...ugg.

Ashyra Nightwing

I don't know... have you seen the trailer where he's shooting guns and slapping people right in their faces? He seems a lot more violent than the last two, could be interesting. To be honest I quite like him now.

Briar

but it's a clumsy sort of violence

Ashyra Nightwing

Quote from: Briar on January 20, 2010, 11:47:21 PM
but it's a clumsy sort of violence

I don't know, he seems quite mental to me. Look at those eyes...

Firetooth

No comments on the new episode?
He's a decent actor, I s'pose, but did they have to make him so ridiculiously stupid? Fish fingers and custard with a tweed jacket and rolled-up suit trousers. Really?
They were also trying to hard to be funny, such as the bit with the dude (Jeff, was it?) on the laptop, and the whole "delete your history" gag, which wasn't funny.

Briar

Sorry, just finished watching it.

Smith was better than I thought he would be.  I'm hoping this was more of an introduction ep to his presence rather than his personality.

I liked the montage bit with the eyeball.  And the preview looked interesting. I rolled my eyes on the whole wedding thing though, I mean, didn't we just get finished with a companion who was about to married?

Stella Cadente

The new doctor has grown on me. The death of Rory was terrible though, I was really looking forward to the days of old when the Doctor had more than one companion