The Doctor

Started by Briar, November 06, 2008, 09:17:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Haha I love how corny the villains are, the show operates with the worst sets and costumes imaginable and still makes it work well for them. Goes to show that you don't need all the special effects and fancy gagetry that go into making a movie nowadays to create something interesting.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Peace Alliance

I watched a bit of it and it was... a bit too much for me to handle. heh

Shadow

Watch some of the old ones before you get into the new ones, the old actor does a far better job and the corniness of everything works better in the context of the time it was made.

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on December 26, 2008, 02:49:59 PM
Watch some of the old ones before you get into the new ones, the old actor does a far better job and the corniness of everything works better in the context of the time it was made.
The old one's are good, yeah, but the storylines dont fit together with each other. Like one time he died instead of regenerating he got some potion thing to regenerate him ???
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Briar

QuoteThe old one's are good, yeah, but the storylines dont fit together with each other. Like one time he died instead of regenerating he got some potion thing to regenerate him ???

right, and apparently the doctor can only regenerate 12 (meaning 13 Doctors) but the Master has regenerated many times more.  Also, new to the recent storyline is that the Doctor is the only timelord left.  In the past, this has not been the case.

I can't wait for the next one...too bad it won't be aired until easter :(
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Firetooth

pah I dont like the new choice they shoulda picked the guy off survivors as they've never had a black doctor.
Ill keep watching of course, but I wish the actors would stick around longer.
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Briar

Alas, that is what seems to happen in the world of British Acting.  Most actors do theatre as well and for some that is their primary area.

The new guy should be interesting.  I saw him in Ruby and the Smoke with Billie Piper and he was okay.  Not really sure if he will be able to portray the weight of the Doctor but, we'll see.

Here's a picture of him, in case anyone was wondering who we're talking about.  (His name is Matt Smith)

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Ashyra Nightwing

Man, he has mega cheekbones. Seems OK. :P

Remember, a lot of people didn't like David Tennant at first. I'm sure he'll grow on us.

Shadow

He's too young for the role. The doctor needs the weight of a few years behind his face to play the part of someone who is essentially centuries old.

Firetooth

Quote from: Shadow on January 09, 2009, 11:48:02 AM
He's too young for the role. The doctor needs the weight of a few years behind his face to play the part of someone who is essentially centuries old.
yup. Not enough acting experience either. I wouldn't have minded many of them but him.
Yes people didn't like David Tennant at first I guess, I thought christoper ecclesone might actually have been better as he he wasn't quite as taken to mood swings as Tennant though if you actually watch one minute the doctor is laughing loads then he is all serious O.o
They shoulda picked the guy from surviors! >:(

Briar

Does anyone else think that he looks a little like David Tennant? Or is it just me?

Shadow

vaguely, but he doesn't fit the role. His acting better be that of the gods, or else he is going to have a short run.

Briar

I agree.  Or his companion had better be stellar.

If they try another whole romance thing between the Doctor and his companion, I may have to throw my t.v out the window.

They better not make Doctor Who into some teeny-bopper melo-drama. 

Firetooth

Quote from: Briar on January 09, 2009, 12:32:50 PM
I agree.  Or his companion had better be stellar.

If they try another whole romance thing between the Doctor and his companion, I may have to throw my t.v out the window.

They better not make Doctor Who into some teeny-bopper melo-drama. 
yup
how can a alien and a human fall in love is what I dont get?lol

Briar

I was thinking of making this thought into a poll, but decided against it...

What should the next Doctor's companion be?
a) Young Female
b) More mature Female
c) a Male
D) a Male and a Female
or  e) Some sort of alien lifeform that is humanoid but not earth-human