Dispensation of Justice

Started by Neobaron, May 10, 2011, 01:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kilkenne

god help us all if this is the platinum age of RWL.

only Glenn Beck can save us with the rising cost of Gold. Shine on you crazy diamond.

The Purple Dragon

Quote from: Kilkenne on May 10, 2011, 08:08:41 PM

only Glenn Beck can save us with the rising cost of Gold. Shine on you crazy diamond.

This version of RWL is a heck of a lot better than what it used to be.
I have a Purple Dragon. I shall love him and I shall cuddle him and I shall call him Squishy. And He Breathes Fire.

"After stealing the TV, washing the dishes doesn't make up for it" - Wolf Bite directed at Sevz :D

"I got one!" - Revelation when he killed that one clanned account that never played and had 250 land:P

Pac-man

Quote from: The Purple Dragon on May 10, 2011, 08:14:32 PM
Quote from: Kilkenne on May 10, 2011, 08:08:41 PM

This version of RWL is a heck of a lot better than what it used to be.

Why, because people can't take a hit and laugh? Because people turn the game into something personal rather than what it is--a game?
Turbo Highest Rank: #2
Reg Highest Rank: #11

Kilkenne

Quote from: The Purple Dragon
Date Registered:   April 11, 2007, 08:48:57 PM

Here's your reg date.

Quote from: Kilkenne
Date Registered:   January 06, 2003, 08:58:07 PM

There's mine.

I don't think you have any right to pass judgment on what those of us that have played different eras think is a better era. You are just as entitled to your opinion as we are entitled to ours. but here, we will disagree because we are not using the same data.

Furthermore, Pac-man is an awesome guy. Everyone send him aid on Reg for being a pretty okay dude, alright?

The Lady Shael

You guys just don't get it.

We were also diplomatic. Even more so, all of our interactions were in-character and polite, there were no swearing messages or "dude lol i've got a 400 ratio ftw".

Declaring war then:

QuoteAt Sun, 20 Oct 2002 07:46:21 -0500, a messenger from Sons of Delor (#3) brought this to you...
Let it be known to all our forces that on this day, the 20th of October in the year of our Lord 2002, the acts of piracy performed by Dies Irae and Northlands Raiders, members of the Commander's Guild, against Truth in Reconciliation and the Aurelia Corps, members of the Delor Independent Forces, have reached a critical point.

So, with the authority vested in me by my troops and my allies, I thus declare war upon the Commander's Guild and all it's dominions; Crush them into the dust, and to dust with them!

So mote it be.

~~~~~~~

It is your responsibility to inform your troops of this, milord, and it is your task to raise, should you wish the war to cease, the sum of one hundred million dollars to be given to EACH of my lieutenants, Hyperion, Truth in Reconciliation, Aurelia Corps and Ratimics Tribe, in addition to the 25 million dollars reparation to Aurelia Corps.

Warlord Stormclaw

I can't even find any good examples of declaring war now, but it usually goes along the lines of: "That was uncalled for! I worked hard for that net =( This is war!" give or take some more whining. There was ALWAYS diplomacy and respect for players. DI, the very first clan ever in RWL, was proof of this, with their rule of never attacking a warlord more than three times each day (how is that bloodthirsty??). If attacks got excessive, they were returned in kind. You either surrendered, or conquered.

I was the first Empress of RWL, and I got there on 100% diplomacy. So don't you dare tell me there was no diplomacy or respect in the old days.

Obviously it is ridiculous to want things to be EXACTLY how they were. But things were NOT bloodthirsty back then...people just didn't whine as much. Everyone always posted in-character, and the moment someone broke out of character, you knew they were taking the game too seriously. Because that's all it is....a game.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Genevieve

I'm probably going to repeat stuff that's already been said, but I've been asleep and you guys seem to have gone slightly off track.

BA stand for justice, civility and rationality in the server.

Sending profane messages and retaliating in response to land grabs in which your non-preferred troop type was used is not fair for the rest of the server.

Firetooth, I understand that you'd be angry, considering you weren't as directly involved in the discretions as your colleagues. But you are the clan leader, and there is responsibility attached to that. And lying to justify their actions is not okay.

Also, the "KILLZ AIN'T SKILLZ" argument is kind of stupid. It does take skill and time to organise and co-ordinate the killing of 3 players in the space of what... 20 minutes?

Neobaron

No, lucy. Bringing together the resources and manpower to achieve a feat such as that requires neither skill in game nor diplomatic savvy.

We're all just mouth-breathing nOObs who only just discovered the internet yesterday.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

The Purple Dragon

for gods sake Gen, will you stop making this topic go in circles?  I've had enough of this, everyone here is way too hardheaded to listen to anyone but themselves for even a second.

Kilk, good job, you found my forum sign up date, I joined the actual RWL game 2 years after my move from Toronto, which was in 2000 I believe?

Shael, diplomacy back then was "hit this kid with me and I'll send you some cash", do don't you Dare tell me that this version of the game isn't more interactive.

Great quote, Genghis Khan himself could not have written it better. I believe a few rounds ago that the top player was named President, and the 2nd place was Vice-President. The game gets modernized as time moves on, some of you just need to get with the times.
I have a Purple Dragon. I shall love him and I shall cuddle him and I shall call him Squishy. And He Breathes Fire.

"After stealing the TV, washing the dishes doesn't make up for it" - Wolf Bite directed at Sevz :D

"I got one!" - Revelation when he killed that one clanned account that never played and had 250 land:P

Genevieve

Quote from: The Purple Dragon on May 10, 2011, 08:56:50 PM
for gods sake Gen, will you stop making this topic go in circles?  I've had enough of this, everyone here is way too hardheaded to listen to anyone but themselves for even a second.

I agree. That's why I was trying to summarise the point.

Neobaron

QuoteShael, diplomacy back then was "hit this kid with me and I'll send you some cash", do don't you Dare tell me that this version of the game isn't more interactive.

Quoteare you serious, I can't tell, do you really think this?
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

The Lady Shael

Quote from: The Purple Dragon on May 10, 2011, 08:56:50 PM
Shael, diplomacy back then was "hit this kid with me and I'll send you some cash", do don't you Dare tell me that this version of the game isn't more interactive.

....do you even know the meaning of the word "interactive"? Didn't we just get done saying that now people would rather peacefully net as opposed to entertaining some real competition like before?
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

I think the problem that GLaDOS is having is not that takedowns happened, it is with the claim that they were just and good.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Pac-man

Quote from: Shadow on May 10, 2011, 09:36:56 PM
I think the problem that GLaDOS is having is not that takedowns happened, it is with the claim that they were just and good.

The victor writes the history books. Your opponent is always going to claim that their actions were justifiable.

I may be wrong here, but isn't it normal to insist what you've done is right?
Turbo Highest Rank: #2
Reg Highest Rank: #11

The Purple Dragon

Quote from: Shadow on May 10, 2011, 09:36:56 PM

Thank you... the takedowns themselves are completely irrelevant because we can just jump right back up. What we want has nothing to do with the takedowns themselves.

I am currently on MSN with windy and it helped clear a lot of things up. It turns out that some of my nastier comments directed at Revelation after he murdered me 121 times in a row unprovoked were reposted and misquoted to make it sound like those comments were directed at the entire BA clan. This is not the case, my views on Revelation and King Cobra do not reflect my views of the other members of BA. I'll be mature and apologize to those members that thought I was insulting them (Volk, Neo, Kilkenne..).

on another note...

Malcolm says:
*and Volkov knows full well that there was no kill attempt against him..
windhound96@yahoo.com says:
*eeh
*2k acres is really annoying
Malcolm says:
*so is 121 murders
*means all your leaders are gone
*but volky didnt do those
*nor was he the clan leader
Malcolm says:
*he justified them, and then I was onlined by one of BA during a run
*so I resorted to ascking volk for cash
*it would not have been possible to kill him
*in order to kill him, I would have needed to be able to standard attack him
*no, especially with standards under 500
*yes
*but there's a theory that you forgot or were being retarded
Malcolm says:
*mm, a speculation that holds no merit whatsoever
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malcolm says:
*Meh, I can be pretty reasonable when I want to be
*should make a habit of it
Malcolm says:
*my remarks were rightfully directed at revelation, not the clan.
*well yes, but they get reposted
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malcolm says:
*if not, then we will probably choose option 1 until we feel good about it and then carry on..
*well for one, all marketed troops that Blue and I had stored need to be returned
*thats really all i care about
*but the reparations are around 40million rats, 10million weasels, 22.7million stoats and like 3million skiffs
*thats what blue and I had marketed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malcolm says:
*but yeah, I apologize if my comments seemed directed and anyone besides Rev
*okiedokie.  be sure to tell Neo

Read at your leisure... this is the solution that I can offer (reparations for marketed troops), and a promise from each and every player involved that they will not take Revelation's word for granted and will contact me if I am misquoted again in any way...

Goodnight to all,
Purp

P.S. - WIndy I hope it was alright for me to post that on the forums.. I did not see any comments that compromised you or me in any way so I think its alright to do so..

Kilkenne

I take back what I've said to/about you, TPD. You are a man of your word, and what you said to Windy does prove that. I'll nod my head in your general direction to not lose face, however.