Why is Reg played the way it is?

Started by wolf bite, May 09, 2011, 10:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Quoteo over time everyone has had their hand in trying to "Balance" the game. If one thing is too powerful, "let us make everything else more powerful" has always been the solution.

I beg to differ ^_^
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

wolf bite

Oh Shadow, we are talking years before you started. I patted you on the head for lowering the difference between races. This is the right direction to balance.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Shadow

<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Gen. Volkov

Lots of good points here. Reg has become a different game, where you need planning and lots of time to achieve a big result. It took months for everything to be in place for Holby during the last era of Reg. One guy can't do it in 2 runs anymore. So while you are building up, and making these plans, you try to keep the status quo as much as possible. I don't know if reg has changed, or if it is just still too early in the era for any big plans to have come to fruition yet.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Yellow Eyes

I feel, in all honesty, that every calculation and stat needs to be randomized, from round to round, day to day, within reason. That would eliminiate strats, change the gameplay. That is why I am in favor of global accounts, and also, as an idea I posted http://www.redwallwarlords.com/forums/index.php?topic=12606.0 there, in favor of having  a level system, that would change the balance of the game, from player to player, letting the player choose there path if they want to build up defensive bonus's, offensive bonus's, etc.