Lord of the Rings

Started by Pac-man, May 02, 2011, 10:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Lord of the Rings hero(ine) is the coolest? (choose up to 3)

Aragorn
Legolas
Gimli
Frodo
Sam
Merry
Pippin
Arwen
Eowyn
Faramir
Boromir

Pac-man

I think Frodo felt sorry for Gollum because he saw that he would become like him if he didn't destroy the ring. Sam was very devoted to Frodo, however, so you kind of find yourself being mad at Frodo when he is a jerk to Sam.

Faramir is awesome because he kind of overcomes his own struggles and desire for the ring. Besides, you've got to admire him simply for being so disliked by his dad.

Does anyone here like Arwen? I don't really, simply because she doesn't DO anything... except sit around and cry.

Eowyn is cool, tho. 
Turbo Highest Rank: #2
Reg Highest Rank: #11

Ashyra Nightwing

I don't like Legolas, probably only because he was played by Orlando Bloom in the films and I can't stand him/his face/his acting

Eowyn's super cool.

Shadow

QuoteUsed to have a crush on Legolas when the movies came out (read: I'm a girl).

I thought Ashy was a girl too :D
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Kyrolin Zenyar

Quote from: Pac-man on May 03, 2011, 10:30:43 AM
Quote from: Gen. Volkov on May 03, 2011, 01:35:46 AM
Legolas, no contest. If you mean in the movies anyway. In the books, its hard to say. In the movies though, he kills and oliphant and everyone on it single-handedly. No one else even comes close to that level of awesome. I guess Peter figured he had to top the awesome that was Legolas in the first two movies. First movie: Stabs orc in eye with an arrow, then shoots another orc with the same arrow. Second movie: Slides down stairs on a shield, while shooting arrows, accurately. Third movie: Oliphant. Legolas is the incarnation of medievally awesomeness. He's like Chuck Norris with a bow and arrow.

Ok, yeah. Legolas is pretty cool, but every stunt he does is entirely impossible.

Wrong. The part where he shoots the Wargs then jumps onto the horse in that impossible manner:  He actually did that, breaking 6 bones in the process.
Highest Rank: 1 (turbo)
Lowest Rank: Last?
Quote from: Krowdon on May 29, 2011, 08:52:15 PM
Who goes to war over spam? ohrite, we do. RSL!

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Shadow on May 03, 2011, 04:07:45 PM
QuoteUsed to have a crush on Legolas when the movies came out (read: I'm a girl).

I thought Ashy was a girl too :D

Aww. =( Well, Ashy's one of the few who stayed sane. I was weak, but much wiser now.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Pac-man

Ashyra Nightwing

Holby

Eowyn is boring.

Arwen is the bomb.
I will not deleted this

Pac-man

Holby

Quote from: Pac-man on May 03, 2011, 05:21:32 PM
Quote from: Holby on May 03, 2011, 05:19:52 PM
Eowyn is boring.

Arwen is the bomb.

Really, Holby?
Eowyn is much too serious. Saving her family and the world and stuff.

Arwen doesn't really care, she's just obsessed with Aragorn. And she's elvish and Liv Tyler - AT THE SAME TIME!

I will not deleted this

Neobaron

QuoteArwen doesn't really care, she's just obsessed with Aragorn. And she's elvish and Liv Tyler - AT THE SAME TIME!

Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteOk, yeah. Legolas is pretty cool, but every stunt he does is entirely impossible.

That's what makes it so awesome.

QuoteArwen doesn't really care, she's just obsessed with Aragorn. And she's elvish and Liv Tyler - AT THE SAME TIME!

Third this, move nominations be closed.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Pac-man

Looking at the poll, Gimli is actually the most popular character. Wow.  :D

Dark Claws

Where's Bilbo and Gandalf? I WANT THE ONLY CHARACTERS I KNOW!
Welcome the most annoying person on Earth, oh look Dark Claws just walked in.

@(*_*)@. Either a monkey, or Princess Leai on drugs.

What happens when a permanent resident deletes their account?

Like an assistant

Daryn

Legolas, 'cuz he has sexy hair.
Pies.