Lord of the Rings

Started by Pac-man, May 02, 2011, 10:18:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Lord of the Rings hero(ine) is the coolest? (choose up to 3)

Aragorn
Legolas
Gimli
Frodo
Sam
Merry
Pippin
Arwen
Eowyn
Faramir
Boromir

Pac-man

Turbo Highest Rank: #2
Reg Highest Rank: #11

Briar

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Gen. Volkov

Legolas, no contest. If you mean in the movies anyway. In the books, its hard to say. In the movies though, he kills and oliphant and everyone on it single-handedly. No one else even comes close to that level of awesome. I guess Peter figured he had to top the awesome that was Legolas in the first two movies. First movie: Stabs orc in eye with an arrow, then shoots another orc with the same arrow. Second movie: Slides down stairs on a shield, while shooting arrows, accurately. Third movie: Oliphant. Legolas is the incarnation of medievally awesomeness. He's like Chuck Norris with a bow and arrow.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Holby

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on May 03, 2011, 01:35:46 AM
Legolas, no contest. If you mean in the movies anyway. In the books, its hard to say. In the movies though, he kills and oliphant and everyone on it single-handedly. No one else even comes close to that level of awesome. I guess Peter figured he had to top the awesome that was Legolas in the first two movies. First movie: Stabs orc in eye with an arrow, then shoots another orc with the same arrow. Second movie: Slides down stairs on a shield, while shooting arrows, accurately. Third movie: Oliphant. Legolas is the incarnation of medievally awesomeness. He's like Chuck Norris with a bow and arrow.
YEAH!

Also, Faramir is AWESOME in the books.
I will not deleted this

Briar

But that's all Legolas does in the movies...

I'd say in the books he's one of my favorite. But Gimli is just awesome.  He is a symbol to vertically challenged people everywhere!!
At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?

Neobaron

Sam.

Bro love of that magnitude is hard to do.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Twilight Shadow

Gandalf, Sauron, and the Witch King

Pac-man

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on May 03, 2011, 01:35:46 AM

Ok, yeah. Legolas is pretty cool, but every stunt he does is entirely impossible.

The Lady Shael

Used to have a crush on Legolas when the movies came out (read: I'm a girl).

Loved Eowyn for being the rebellious warrior princess.

And Gimli for: "AND MY AXE."

I'm moving this to Polls, this is an interesting poll.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Firetooth

Quote from: Neobaron on May 03, 2011, 07:42:40 AM
Sam.

Bro love of that magnitude is hard to do.
True, I'd vote him, but I <3 Pippin here so Imma vote for him.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Pac-man

Not a single vote for Frodo so far. I guess Frodo's a bit hard to like since he's so deeply tempted by the Ring, but in the end he should recieve most of the credit. That guy has some tenacity and endurance.

Firetooth

Frodo's a massive jerk to Sam (least in the films, only read the first book), probably why he's so disliked.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Kilkenne

Pac-man

Boromir=Boooo!

Faramir=Yay!

Younger brothers rock.

Sharptooh

Faramir is amazing, and you've got to feel sorry for him simply because his father hates him for not being Boromir . . .

Boromir was also cool, he would have been cooler if he hadn't been so tempted by the ring

Quote from: Firetooth on May 03, 2011, 10:54:31 AM
Frodo's a massive jerk to Sam (least in the films, only read the first book), probably why he's so disliked.
It's obvious Gollumn was going to betray them, so yes Frodo was a bit of a jerk to Sam, although you have to feel slightly sorry for Gollumn too . . . Sam did bully him a lot.