Previous topic - Next topic

What strategy do you prefer?

Leader
Indy
Both--whatever I'm in the mood for
Uh...I attack allot
Other (explain)

Pac-man

Was wondering what the most popular strat is...
Turbo Highest Rank: #2
Reg Highest Rank: #11

Kilkenne

Other.

My strategy this round involves latching onto someone who has been playing pretty much this entire time while I've been not playing (6+ years and counting since I've played) and weeping bitterly at how complicated this is now.

Uiblis

Leader.

It's hard keeping together enough food or cash being a solo indy.
I love bad [berries] that's my [fruity] problem

Twilight Shadow

I can play either. The one you typically learn in the beginning is leaders. So people will more than likely favor leader because they learned it first and it is just simply easier to play. So leader attracts more new players but if your willing to expanding your mind and try indy; some people like some don't. For me, I don't have a favorite. But I have a favorite race of wolf which I can do either efficiently but indying is less efficient though(stating the obvious lol)

It also depends on the situation. I usually play with leaders but like last round called for indy...I did so it depends on how I feel.

Neobaron

Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Holby

Quote from: Twilight Shadow on May 01, 2011, 08:30:43 PM
I can play either. The one you typically learn in the beginning is leaders. So people will more than likely favor leader because they learned it first and it is just simply easier to play. So leader attracts more new players but if your willing to expanding your mind and try indy; some people like some don't. For me, I don't have a favorite. But I have a favorite race of wolf which I can do either efficiently but indying is less efficient though(stating the obvious lol)

It also depends on the situation. I usually play with leaders but like last round called for indy...I did so it depends on how I feel.
I'd say the reverse is true.

I normally teach players how to indy first, as that is more the strategy they initially gravitate to. They have barracks, markets and foragers already, it only requires taking Markets out of the equation.

It's also a useful tool for learning about structures.

Leaders are simple in that you're more or less building 100% huts all the time. But there are lots of intricacies that make them challenging at times. Particularly at the start of a round. There is no way a new player can go from being in protection to running a viable leader strategy in one run. That kind of thing takes a while to grasp.
I will not deleted this

Firetooth

It's not even a contest.

Indy is only useful for teams and no-leader rounds, and even then, it has a net cap. See the development thread on it.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Gen. Volkov

Other. I play whatever strikes my fancy at round start.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

wolf bite

Each strategy has its weak points and its strong points. Although I normally am in a leader, I like to change depending on what I need and to not let others always know what I am doing.

I think players should spend time in all strategies. It gives them the knowledge of what they all do and by knowing the weaknesses, they know how to fight each strategy.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Sharptooh

Quote from: Twilight Shadow on May 01, 2011, 08:30:43 PM
I can play either. The one you typically learn in the beginning is leaders.

I first learned to indy . . . using a wildcat

Although I agree with you, most players would (and probably should) learn leader strategies first

Neobaron

Eh, I learned indy first.

But at the time leaders were mysterious and extracurricular to the basic point of the game.

Twilight Shadow

Well I join a year ago and since I join as wolf. I was taught a basic leader strat by NW, Vargarth, and even you Holby so dont say you teach indy right away. You gave me basic idea for leader.  I have modified my strat since that crummy strat you gave me but hey mine works now...at least pretty well.

Firetooth

Quote from: Twilight Shadow on May 02, 2011, 01:40:38 PM
Well I join a year ago and since I join as wolf. I was taught a basic leader strat by NW, Vargarth, and even you Holby so dont say you teach indy right away. You gave me basic idea for leader.  I have modified my strat since that crummy strat you gave me but hey mine works now...at least pretty well.
Crummy strat, TS, come on, be a bit nicer ;)

I learned indy first and played it for 2 rounds. First leader strat I learned was wolf, then I played as marten and learned stoat last. Still not great as a stoat. Indy is just much easier, especially for a newer player, and is imo more fun, it just is restricted by the net cap it has.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

Twilight Shadow

Crummy strat=scrap land and build huts make food, no specifics or anything...aka to me crummy strat lol

Neobaron

Hey. That's my strat. :(