A Bit Of Culture For You Guys... :)

Started by The Beatles, January 15, 2003, 05:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neobaron

pah half of those facts are fallacious but i just woke up so you get a pass till volkov comes along and tries to correct you but I will have to correct him before I go to bed tonight...

The vicious circle begins.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Gen. Volkov

LOL. Shut it Neo. And yes. I shall now go through point by point.

Quote from: Beem on March 28, 2006, 04:09:40 AM
RanQdom fun facts:

During the war France cemented its turrets facing the German border... Germany went around and conquered, the French were practically helpless...
No. They went around true, but the French held out in the Maginot Line for quite some time. A drawback of Blitzkrieg.
Hitler was reported to have enjoyed having his companions participate in his own... German Shiza... yes, he liked the poo.

There was only one male that Hitler refereed to as his sweet, was one of his friends, (can't remember name ><)
Umm.... No comment.
the Shwashtika (sp?) is the reverse Hopi sign of peace, and he first saw it at the Church he attended when he was young, he was a choir boy.
No, it is an ancient symbol used by the Knights Templar and a Teutonic pagan symbol before that. Swastika.

Hitler fought during WWI, but was hospitalized at the Surrender.
He was hospitalized near the end but released before the war actually ended.
Hitler loved his dog more than anything, however when he decided to commit suicide toward the end of his tyrannical conquest, he made sure the drugs were lethal by having them tested on his dog. He also had all the dogs puppies, executed.
This I'm not sure on. It doesn't really matter though.
More Russians and Polish died during the Holocaust than Jews.
It depends on how you define what the Holocaust was, if you are refering the huge number of people Hitler killed in battle and afterwards, then yes, if just the death camps then no. Whichever way you look at it, far more Slavs died than Jews. Just not neccesarily in the Holocaust.

Russians won many battles because the cold was too much for the German soldiers to take.
Um.. no. The cold killed alot of Germans because they were poorly equipped and it affected some of their equipment, but the Russians won battles because they outnumbered the Germans about 10 to 1. They brought 3 or 4 times the number of tanks germany did to the battle of kursk.
Hitler was not the one who instituted the idea of creating a master race, it was his fanatical general, who took ideas and ran with them.
Wrong. What the fanatical general did was run the death camps. But the entire thing was indeed Hitler's idea.
Most tyrannical conquests are headed by a man short in stature, coincidence? I think not... do not trust the short ones.
Hitler was average height for his time.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Neobaron

Yiss... Maginot lasted for a while till it was actually surrounded.

---

"Swastika" also used in Korea as a symbol of peace or some such... if you go to S. Korea today, theres swastikas everywhere.

---

Gas to the eyes, released before wars end but unable to participate in active military service... was awarded the Iron Cross first class.

---

German equiptment was better in the form of fighting they were trained to do... summer/spring fighting with a non-static line. Germans were winning both Kursk, and the Battle of the Bulge till they plain and simple ran out of fuel on the field... and the brits told us silly americans that our bombers werent accomplishing anything. ;-)

---

Hrm. Hitlers idea, yes, but he left the organization and all that up to Himmler... "out of his hands" as it were, but not out of his control.

Gen. Volkov

German equiptment was better in the form of fighting they were trained to do... summer/spring fighting with a non-static line. Germans were winning both Kursk, and the Battle of the Bulge till they plain and simple ran out of fuel on the field... and the brits told us silly americans that our bombers werent accomplishing anything.

Winning Kursk is debatable, the Battle of the Bulge was lost when it became a bulge instead of a puncture in the lines. After that it was just a matter of time. They were running low in both but they never actually ran out I believe. Ironic though, the main point of the BOTB was to capture fuel. Then use the fuel to reconquer most of what was lost, but the first objective was to capture an allied fuel dump. But yes, the bombing was the reason they had so little fuel. Kursk.. was more just sheer numbers, and the fact that the Russians forced them to fight there instead of where the Germans wanted to fight. The Russians killed nearly all the German tanks, after that it was pretty much over. At a 1:1 exchange rate true,  but they alot had more of them. Another problem at Kursk was the scarcity of their really good tanks, Tigers and Panthers... bugger I'm lecturing again. LOL. Neo knows all this.

QuoteHrm. Hitlers idea, yes, but he left the organization and all that up to Himmler... "out of his hands" as it were, but not out of his control.
So pretty much what I said, but with the name of the guy who ran them.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Neobaron

Ignoring the first bit...

Kingtigers had an 8-1 exchange ratio even as the training was getting poo and the enemy was getting better.

---

ON the second bit...

You didnt say specifically who set up the camps, you just said that it was hitlers idea and that someone else ran them, which could imply that hitler actually had a hand in their creation and the processes imvolved in running/maintaining them... which is false.

Hitler spawned the idea, Himmler asks for permission, Himmler does all the work. Hitler never once toured a death camp; Himmler did more than you could imagine.

(I may be wrong on the hitler never visiting a death camp... dont know though.)

Gen. Volkov

At Kursk I meant. The ratio was 1:1 actually 1:1.4 in favor of the Germans.

VinnieOlle

lol, seems like you guys are about to start WWIII :-D

Gen. Volkov

This is a very old topic. Please do try not to ressurect it.

Wolf Snare

It's already been ressurected twice.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Yes, but the first resurrection actually had something to say.

Wolf Snare

who's to say someone won't say something worthwhile?
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Gen. Volkov

Well, "lol, seems like you guys are about to start WWIII grin" is not it.

VinnieOlle

Hey Volkov, You spelt resurrect wrong.

Gen. Volkov

Vengerak

Quote from: Aqualis on March 26, 2006, 09:11:30 PM
The Golden Age of RWL.

This was actually interesting.

Heh, yeah.  I reckon I was somewhat incorrect, and probably a tad overly...vitriolic?  Still, t'was years ago.  Views change.  Not really an accurate picture of the "golden" age, though--Beatles and I actually got on really well.