Disabling of Castle (#20)

Started by The Lady Shael, April 28, 2011, 12:47:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

Castle (#20) has been disabled for the remainder of the round for code abuse.

There was a loophole in the rule that it takes 6 hours for your goods to reach the market. If you have goods already on the market, no matter the amount, if you sell more goods they reach the market instantly. He was intentionally exploiting this to transfer large amounts of resources to other players instantly without the waiting period.

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

wolf bite

Please check Jona Vark's inbox. I just purchased 1 from her as she was also doing this illegal act.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

The Lady Shael

She wasn't aware it was an exploit or bug abuse, Sevz was just telling her what to do.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Gen. Volkov

Did Sevz know it was a bug? He may have thought it was a feature.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

Okay never mind, apparently I'm the only one out of the loop here.

Undisabled.

[edit] This will be fixed by next round.

Kilkenne

SHAEL BEGINS REIGN OF TERROR

SHAEL ENDS REIGN OF TERROR

disappointed

wolf bite

Disagree.

Are you kidding!!! An out right abuse by both.

She must have known that by doing so and being told what time to be on line to get market goods with no wait. Exploiting a bug or assisting others in exploiting a bug is cause to be deleted.

I should not need to get to my second argument, but ...
Even if you can claim that she is such a new player not to have known, her net is based on that abuse of the bug. If josh abused the code to give himself a zillion net, then sent to honest windy, would windy be able to keep that net?

Liking someone does not override their actions.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Shadow

Just to be clear:

Since this is now classified as a bug, abusing it is no longer a viable option under the rules. Since this was not made explicit until now, I think Shael's decision was the right one.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

That's not the issue anymore, apparently all players have known about this and have been using it for years. If it is that bad to merit a disabling, then we have to delete the last 30 or so Turbo immortalizations because they weren't "honestly" earned.

If anyone else does this for the remainder of this round, they will be disabled.

Kilkenne

Quote from: wolf bite on April 28, 2011, 01:02:51 PM
If josh abused the code to give himself a zillion net, then sent to honest windy, would windy be able to keep that net?

To be completely fair, if we were going to talk precedence for this, waaay back when Josh used to do stuff like that, myself and another player that I won't name were the beneficiaries of his "good will". We were never punished because we didn't know where it came from and just assumed that he was some sort of internet text game god. If they genuinely don't know that it's abuse, it should still be considered fair until it's made explicitly clear.

Gen. Volkov

Agree with Shadow.

QuoteThat's not the issue anymore, apparently all players have known about this and have been using it for years. If it is that bad to merit a disabling, then we have to delete the last 30 or so Turbo immortalizations because they weren't "honestly" earned.

I knew about it, but did not realize it was a bug. I thought it was a feature. LOL.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Kilkenne on April 28, 2011, 01:01:52 PM
SHAEL BEGINS REIGN OF TERROR

SHAEL ENDS REIGN OF TERROR

disappointed

One of these days...one of these days...

Twilight Shadow

But you do that so you can save stuff on markets in regular rounds. And save the cost of money issues. It is a quality I like and have used for a while or I drop the person I will be buying from to one so they can decide if they want more there or not.

I have always thought that as a feature not a bug. Just saying.

The Lady Shael

It is convenient....but it is an exploit. If we left it in then the waiting time for stuff to get to market is worthless.

Twilight Shadow

Not useless someone buys the one army. But I see where you are coming from. Each "grouping" sent to the market should take 6 hours.