It's cute
3 (15%)
It's so distracting I tore my eyes out to avoid seeing it
4 (20%)
More annoying then Rebecca Black's Friday
3 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Shadow

I have problems with the entire system of advertising that has built up. It is wasteful and invasive. I have no qualms reducing its bottom line. If everyone did it, then advertisers would have to find less annoying ways to promote their products. I have never in my life clicked on a banner ad. If I want something, I will search for it specifically, and I would thank people to not bother me with their products until I ask for it.

I do block google ads. They are a step in the right direction, but they are still aimed at me without me asking for them, so they are not there yet.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

The Lady Shael

Quote from: Shadow on April 26, 2011, 12:26:02 PM
I have problems with the entire system of advertising that has built up. It is wasteful and invasive. I have no qualms reducing its bottom line. If everyone did it, then advertisers would have to find less annoying ways to promote their products.

I'd have to disagree...I think they'd just find more annoying ways to promote their products, unfortunately. They've gotten this far already, and marketers are paid to invade our lives any way they can.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Kilkenne

For whatever reason, I don't see the need to block google ads via my noscript. I don't even notice that they're there unless I fat finger something in Gmail or whatnot. I think you're just paranoid and smug that you're just "sticking it to the man" to the tune of a couple of cents a day.

Shine on you crazy diamond.

Shadow

I don't have any illusions that it makes any noticeable difference at all, but it does make the internet a slightly less annoying place for me. Blocking ads has nothing to do with sticking it to anyone and everything to do with me not wanting to see ads that I didn't ask for. It isn't any moral stand, I just don't want to be bothered.

Kilkenne

I have problems with the entire system of advertising that has built up. It is wasteful and invasive.

Quote from: Shadow on April 26, 2011, 12:35:54 PM
I don't have any illusions that it makes any noticeable difference at all, but it does make the internet a slightly less annoying place for me. Blocking ads has nothing to do with sticking it to anyone and everything to do with me not wanting to see ads that I didn't ask for. It isn't any moral stand, I just don't want to be bothered.

Okay.

Shadow

I don't like the system. There is nothing I can do about it, so I ignore it. What's the problem?

Kyrolin Zenyar

Quote from: The Lady Shael on April 26, 2011, 12:28:27 PM
I have problems with the entire system of advertising that has built up. It is wasteful and invasive. I have no qualms reducing its bottom line. If everyone did it, then advertisers would have to find less annoying ways to promote their products.

I'd have to disagree...I think they'd just find more annoying ways to promote their products, unfortunately. They've gotten this far already, and marketers are paid to invade our lives any way they can.
Like TELEMARKETERS!  GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Highest Rank: 1 (turbo)
Lowest Rank: Last?
Quote from: Krowdon on May 29, 2011, 08:52:15 PM
Who goes to war over spam? ohrite, we do. RSL!

Krowdon

Watch my icon. really closely.

This post is no longer relevant.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Pac-man

That actually scared me the first time I saw it.  :D
Turbo Highest Rank: #2
Reg Highest Rank: #11

Krowdon

I know. Scared me for about 20 minutes.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Pac-man

Huh? What's this, a family picture? That's so stupi--AAAAAHHHHH!!!!
Turbo Highest Rank: #2
Reg Highest Rank: #11