Account deletion

Started by Shadow, April 10, 2011, 04:49:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow

Hello everyone,

A spy recently sent me the contents of another clan's storehouse. At first I thought it was great, but then realized that since the other clan had no choice but to admit that player to their ranks that it would be unfair for me to use that information. So I deleted my account. Best of luck Flitchaye!

Since it is not strictly speaking against the rules, I will not name names. I simply feel uncomfortable playing with that information in these circumstances.

Shadow
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Krowdon

Wow. This makes me very proud of you. I dont know what I would of done, but your actions impress me.
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwingi have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

wolf bite

Good show, good show.

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

The Lady Shael

I want those people involved to know that while this isn't explicitly against the rules, the administration heavily frowns upon this. Please do not give us reason to take action.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Twilight Shadow

Too bad someone sent me Rapscallion's storehouse information but only about the amount people had in it and I deleted it...I didn't know what else to do lol

Gen. Volkov

It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Shadow

I suspect that TS got the info from Sevs, who sent it off to boast about it. There is no need to delete in that case. There is no rule against that passing of information, I just don't like spying when the enemy clan has no choice in the matter. It's just not sporting.

Neobaron

Loose cannons have always been a part of conflct.

This seems like more of a personal political maneuver than a moral stand.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Shadow

My personal moral compass often benefits me "politically," as you put it. Lots of people here get annoyed by that, for some reason.

I am not asking for praise, just figured someone was going to ask why I deleted so I might as well just say it.

Ashyra Nightwing

Any idea what happened to Purple Dragons, Shadow? I can't work out if he got killed or deleted his account.

Shadow

Haven't spoken to him in a little while now, so no idea.

Firetooth

Like Wolf Bite said, good show.
Quote from: Sevah on January 02, 2018, 03:51:57 PM
I'm currently in top position by a huge margin BUT I'm intentionally dropping down to the bottom.

The Purple Dragon

I deleted as well. I have to admit however that using the information passed on to my clan was tempting... but like Kyle said, I decided that it wouldn't be sporting to have such an unfair advantage. I might rejoin in an attempt to perfect my leadering once again for next round, but I will most likely just wait until next round to rejoin. :P

Goodluck to all the clans!

Purple Dragon
I have a Purple Dragon. I shall love him and I shall cuddle him and I shall call him Squishy. And He Breathes Fire.

"After stealing the TV, washing the dishes doesn't make up for it" - Wolf Bite directed at Sevz :D

"I got one!" - Revelation when he killed that one clanned account that never played and had 250 land:P

The Lady Shael

If you rejoin, make sure it's before Friday, and I will make sure you get put back into the Corsair clan. =)

~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Neobaron

Quote from: Shadow on April 11, 2011, 09:13:44 AM
My personal moral compass often benefits me "politically," as you put it. Lots of people here get annoyed by that, for some reason.

I am not asking for praise, just figured someone was going to ask why I deleted so I might as well just say it.

That's the problem with motives; they're always secret.

I'm willing to take you at your word, but at the same time it's painfully obvious who the culprit was. Makes me wonder.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.