Storehouse networth views

Started by The Lady Shael, April 09, 2011, 04:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you like being able to see the other clans storehouse networth?

Yes
No
Other (explain)

The Lady Shael

Just wondering if this is something we should continue to do in future rounds. We've never had this feature in past rounds, and I can't really tell if it's a good or bad thing.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

I don't like it. You can tell a lot about a clan strategy from its storehouse net and the rate at which it grows. I think that there should be a less informative view, like perhaps the top three contributors from each clan visible to everyone (but not their totals), but that's it.

Great to keep track of for the immort, but not during the round.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Yellow Eyes

I like seeing it. I feel it doesn't give away a huge amount of strategy. Just by the way the networth is calculated. One clans's strat could be adding lots of money, and less troops (or troops to balance out its money, so it could do many runs) which would show up as lesss networth than a clan that is storing more troops, aka greater net.

It's the first thing I look at when I go to the storehouse. It gives a little extra boost (in my opinion) to add to the storehouse.

Gen. Volkov

I agree with Yellow Eyes on this one. I think seeing the storehouse adds more to the game. You can trick people into thinking you are doing one thing when you are really doing another.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

The Lady Shael

How about if it didn't say the exact amount, only an estimation like:

Clan   Total Networth
Marlfox   $3,700,000,000
Flitchaye   $4,100,000,000
Corsair   $4,900.000.000
Rapscallion   $6,800,000,000
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

Shadow

It's not so much the total, but the rate of growth that tells you what is in the storehouse. If everyone likes it it is not a big deal.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

wolf bite

I voted no because people should be watching the other clans and trying to figure it out. the less said the better.

What if after this round, if all clan leaders agree, all clan forums are available for 24 hours, then reset to new game?

Wolf Bite
Grand Master Wolf Bite
Wolf Pack =  Klowd19, Blood Wake, Sonoras, Giggles

Vargarth

I would be fine with showing my clan's forum after reset.
Collapsing and Expanding Dem Categories with no help from Kilk!

The Lady Shael

Aww cool. If all the clan leaders agree, you guys get to see what I get to see all the time! It's awesome. =p

Vargarth

There are some pretty amusing topics in Marlfox Clan Forum. Shael can attest to that.

Twilight Shadow

Well we just got to make them better then lol

The Lady Shael

Yes, it would be a shame to not be able to share that with everyone else. ^.^ I try not to post in clan forums too often but sometimes I can't help myself. You all are a fun bunch.

Vargarth

We may not be the best players but we have fun with one another.

Kyrolin Zenyar

Highest Rank: 1 (turbo)
Lowest Rank: Last?
Quote from: Krowdon on May 29, 2011, 08:52:15 PM
Who goes to war over spam? ohrite, we do. RSL!

Gen. Volkov

I'd be OK with posting our clan forum after the reset. Kinda dry though.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES