Distribution Proposition

Started by The Lady Shael, April 05, 2011, 09:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Lady Shael

I received the following message from Purple Dragons, Leader of the Corsair clan:

Good day! I've been having a discussion with some of the active players in my clan and we want to know if its possible to make it so that players who haven't contributed to the storehouse don't get a split.

I'm afraid that the newer players will just see their split and go off on their own tangent because although I'm clan leader, its a game and people don't really listen all the time.

We were thinking anyone who has contributed less than 5% to the storehouse does not get a split, but will get their contribution back.

The storehouse split is just not fair to players such as Jona Vark (she contributed 1bil networth) and me, (few hundred mil contribution), as well as Juskabally etc.

Perhaps propose this idea to the other clans if you think it has merit and take a vote?

thanks,
Purple Dragon

Something else to take into account is that new players are less capable of producing so much networth, so the fact that they are not high contributors may not be due to indifference, but lack of skill. With how big the storehouses are becoming, it still might be a stretch for newbies to donate 5% when they are still struggling to learn the game and keep themselves afloat, even when they are genuinely trying to contribute.

Thoughts?
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

The Purple Dragon

That is something I thought of, but 5% seemed like the lowest possible percentage that would actually make a dent in the storehouses. If the newer players cannot meet their quota, they can always ask for help from any of the clan leaders and admins.

Another thought might be to make it so that the clan leaders can choose who gets a share and who doesn't based on a percentage so that prejudice vs. certain players can be eliminated. Just something that I think would add significantly to the success of storehouse rounds in the future.

~Purple Dragon
I have a Purple Dragon. I shall love him and I shall cuddle him and I shall call him Squishy. And He Breathes Fire.

"After stealing the TV, washing the dishes doesn't make up for it" - Wolf Bite directed at Sevz :D

"I got one!" - Revelation when he killed that one clanned account that never played and had 250 land:P

windhound

Well, also how do you determine 5%...  5% of what? 
I've been throwing cash into my clan's storehouse, while others have been throwing troops and food in.  Do you convert the troops and food to their monetary values and calculate from there?

Also, 5% seems like a small % to contribute, then you realize that the clans are now 11-12 members large.  The average contribution will be <10%
An indy can contribute huuuge amounts of troops this round by simply dumping them as they're made, no upkeep and easy production.  Cash and Food producers don't have it quite as easy, and so % wise I'm thinking their contributions will be smaller - even if they're just as if not more important (imo, ofcourse).

And have you been keeping track of an individual's contribution in an easy to calculate way?  What about their 5% per day bonus?

As long as the clans have fairly equal numbers of people I think an equal distribution is the way to go
That or make it so the leader can determine who gets what.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Holby

I think giving leaders the power to decide who gets what would be much too abusable. If anything, that would make things more unfair, because of the subjectivity of deciding who has contributed the most.

I don't think there's any real way to go about making it "equal". As windy said, making it percentage wise is impossible. Cash counts for very little. Loyalty counts for nothing, and yet I consider that a very valid addition.

New players can't contribute much even if they want to.

I vote for leave as is.
I will not deleted this

Sevah

I figure if i produce tonnes of networth i'll get a decent return no matter how much my clan members contribute.
I'm more than happy to donate to the n00bs in my clan.

For absolute fairness, the storehouse should give back only what ya put in. Gratz Jona on reaching 1b net.

BTW, if veterans are smart they'll simply contribute what they choose. If you don't want someone getting your hard earned money jus don't store it. =D
This cuddlefriendy suggestion was brought to you by Sevz.

The Purple Dragon

I get what windhound is saying, so perhaps a percentage based on your race, where marten/wolf/magpie etc will have to donate a less % because what they donate is pure resources.

Its not that I want to keep the new players from getting a split, just the people in the clan that donate 0%... there are at least 5 people in my clan that have donated 0.1% or less (5mil networth), giving massive amounts of troops to a new player who doesn't know what the heck they are doing won't help them at all, getting advice from veterans will do much more.

"not storing" is hardly a legitimate argument because of the 5% interest that the storehouse gives.

Yes if leaders had the power to choose, it could be abused, note the section in my argument before saying that perhaps we could make those decisions based on something else (like a percentage) so that anyone over a certain % cannot be taken off the roster in order to eliminate prejudice versus players. Although the clan members have to vote for the clan leaders, and generally they make a good decision and elect an unbiased leader.
I have a Purple Dragon. I shall love him and I shall cuddle him and I shall call him Squishy. And He Breathes Fire.

"After stealing the TV, washing the dishes doesn't make up for it" - Wolf Bite directed at Sevz :D

"I got one!" - Revelation when he killed that one clanned account that never played and had 250 land:P

The Lady Shael

If it makes you feel any better, it is completely normal to only have a few contributors. All the clans have about an even amount of newbies and also the same amount of non-contributors. In a perfect world we would see a clan who has all members contributing equally.

Keep in mind that the percentages listed on the storehouse page do /not/ include storehouse interest.

I thought about it some more and I think dealing with the non-contributors is just another hurdle to this round. In team play, you will always have to deal with people who won't pull their own weight. Another thing I don't want to happen is leave the newbies in the dust. Go out of your way to help them, don't wait for them to ask you. This round is different because it's a team effort. Keep in mind some of the non-contributors have only started within the past two days, in addition to being newbies and still learning which page is which.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Shadow

All of the clans have a few dead weights, so net lost that way will be lost more or less evenly across the four clans. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Twilight Shadow

Well speaking from a noob/newb prospective, even though I wasnt the typical newb. The last storehouse round I was in, the won with the record of most amount store, on was on that team. I still did not know how to "play" with such big of net before I got it. Thankfully for me being talkative I asked how to "play" with such big net once it was distributed. In the end, I aided it away to make the vets on my team bigger. So I would suggest being in your situation, every clan leaders situation, that about a week or so before distribution that you make a topic in your clan forum explaining how to deal with such net or tell them to aid it to this certain number of people. Also, some newbs will ignore you and destroy the net but thats how they will learn (I did that in reg my first month lol). You are going to have issues with the newbs not contributing but it is all part of the round. And it will be the clan leaders responsibility to take action to make your clan's team effort worth wild. Otherwise you will have a tough time winning in the end :)

Yellow Eyes

I think it is fair how it is. I haven't played this round yet, (maybe one other time but I'm not sure I made it all the way through) but I feel it gives the other "veterean" players more incentive to contribute more than they might otherwise, in hopes of a bigger return in the end. Plus, like Twilight said, it gives the new players a reason to talk to other players, learn the game, start to understand how it works at larger nets, or to become storehouses themselves. :p

Sevah

Thanks for the positive forum thread.

I can see who the newer players are in my clan so i already plan on teaching them how to maintain upkeep before the time comes. I've contributed 1.1b net and only get around 200m of it back. We've got til distribution days to show n00bs the ropes. Later on in the round i'll be banking cash food and loyalty in preperation of my savings return. The storehouse rules are fine. Being clanned sucks.

Twilight Shadow

Quote from: Sevah on April 06, 2011, 10:24:34 AM
Thanks for the positive forum thread.
Being clanned sucks.

I think you mean clanned with people that don't contribute as well as you would like them too. I think the same is for Purple Dragon.

But all I know is that you can't base everything about the percentage shown for them, you need to look to see what types of things they are storing. Because if its cash or loyalty then I would expect it to be low. Indies will definitely have the highest percentage than the food producers. (this is obvious but need to be said)

Sevah

No. I mean being clanned sucks cos i wanna hit my own team. As for the other clans, i'm forced to have unlimited attacks and don't know what to kill first. Can't even choose my clan name.

I'm switching to lizard and locking the land. I'll kill whoever shows skills at breaking my defense. If i can i'll teach my clan to go on a kill frenzy and cull the lot of yas

Twilight Shadow

LOL that sounds exciting just go easy on us Marlfox...

Briar

At the risk of ruining Briar's career by disparaging her find of the famous Sackaleaderer horse...

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II
Yes. I wear high heels Krowdon. Any tips on how I should do my hair?