April Round Development Details!

Started by Shadow, March 28, 2011, 08:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twilight Shadow

Quote from: Firetooth on March 29, 2011, 03:17:52 PM
Also, I hate to tread on your toes, as I've already mentioned this (a lot), but I still think the one race that needs upgrading is wildcat.

I agree with this statement.
Quote from: Sharptooh on March 29, 2011, 03:35:32 PM
Also, is there a button missing at the very bottom left or is it just me ??? I think I remember there being three under management

It used to be log out button I believe

SiegeMaster

The Lady Shael

I'm not going to say which button is missing yet, to see who can remember it correctly. ^.^
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Sharptooh

Quote from: The Lady Shael on March 29, 2011, 03:46:41 PM
I'm not going to say which button is missing yet, to see who can remember it correctly. ^.^

*racks brains*

*looks for screenshot of old turbo and realises he doesn't have one*

Edit (better than a double post)

*realises he has a year old version of the code*
*cheats by looking at it*

it wouldn't happen to be the Messages button would it???

The Lady Shael

Hehe. That is correct.

And the fact that no one could remember what it was proves we don't need it. :p

That was one of the "streamline" changes we made, there are several more. We figured everyone just uses the Mailbox link at the top so there was no need for one in the sidebar.
~The Lady Shael Varonne the Benevolent of the Southern Islands, First Empress of Mossflower Country, and Commandress of the Daughters of Delor

RWLers, your wish is my command...as long as it complies with the rules.

Sharptooh

I know I always use the top one, I wonder if anyone uses the one at the bottom of the screen . . .

Quote from: The Lady Shael on March 29, 2011, 04:01:46 PM
That was one of the "streamline" changes we made

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the rest, the little details make the game! (well in my opinion anyway)

Shadow

wildcat does indeed need further upgrades, but I am unsure how to proceed on that front. Just making output bigger is not the answer.

Perhaps we need to rethink that race spell entirely. Suggestions?

I am thinking of maybe making it so that the spell makes troops without requiring workers, so that hybrid leader-indy strategies are possible. Thoughts?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Twilight Shadow

How about:
-where wildcat attacks they use a combination of sack, capture, and drive.
-you can take part of the other persons troops instead of killing them no matter what type of attack
... probably more but I got to do a study session quick

Shadow

Stealing troops from others is a neat idea...

Neobaron

I always kind of viewed Wildcats as the anti-leader leader race.

The ability to attack by conventional means with armies that an indy can't harm without invested effort, and the ratio to prevent general leader shenanigans from wolves/martens without invested effort.

I personally think pressgang is the most interesting of all the race spells due to the flexibility it provides/d. With tweaking it could be an interesting wrench that isn't an immediately guessed cookie-cutter leader warlord.

---

10% of your workers is kind of wimpy when workers (seem to) generate so slowly and any kind of real push requires an insane amount of land.

Maybe if it took a higher % of workers in exchange for an racial offense penalty.

Maybe look into passive racial changes to the way individual (racially pertinent) buildings work. In this case, wildcat tents fit more workers.
Neobaron, first among the lords of the south and captain of the flying skiff

Quote from: Death on February 08, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
oh lawd the drama done begun yo

Quote from: HolbyI am writing a post explaining how lame you are.

Twilight Shadow

The ferret race is tough to defend your land so its hard to build up a defense and keep a efficient process going that would be closer to leaders or something. Well thats my understanding so far

Shadow

Twilight Shadow

Well I lost about 7000 acres so was at 6000 acres and had to scout a bit and got to 9k. So my build is 2k in tents and 6k in foragers the rest split between huts and markets. So I loot/forge with rain dance. Not much else to say. I may have to go partial barracks so I have some troop supply to attack since I make half a billion cash for now off of 9k. Where I didn't spend this time. I am just trying to get the feel of it still, probably one of the tougher strats to win off of unless you have learned from other games

Shadow

well ferret has a rather poor cashing bonus, I suggest you dith the tents and markets and build more foragers. You can get more cash selling food on mercs then you can cashing as a ferret.

Twilight Shadow

So you say tents are going to be worthless when forging because I thought forging and how much food you make is based off the number of workers. FYI never used workers before ;)